Nov 18, 2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
I haven't heard of anyone using bigger than a 25. Me being one of those that went that way.

Far be it from me to discourage the use of more power, but... Why a 32 on 3S
for a plane of this size? Just curious. It's a monster motor for this P47 and better suited, IMHO, to 4S or 5S, on a larger plane.

I think the length (1.9") is close to the size of the stock 15. You shouldn't need to alter anything except, maybe, mounting holes on the cowl.
I am basing my expectations mostly on a conversation that I read on this board: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12966 Now that I look at it, I guess I will need to use at least 4s. I might do it if I can get the battery to fit. I never like to take foam out of the fuse.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale
I am basing my expectations mostly on a conversation that I read on this board: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12966 Now that I look at it, I guess I will need to use at least 4s. I might do it if I can get the battery to fit. I never like to take foam out of the fuse.
4S will fit with a minimum of foam removed. Nothing that is going to effect the integrity of the fuse.
Nov 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
4S will fit with a minimum of foam removed. Nothing that is going to effect the integrity of the fuse.
I am also not sure that my 50 amp ICE esc will be enough. I might have to put in my 75 amp.
Nov 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks 19000rpm!!!
Nov 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
I am also not sure that my 50 amp ICE esc will be enough. I might have to put in my 75 amp.

A lot will depend on the pitch of your prop. You may well need a 75A at a high pitch. That's a guess. Rule is that as Volts go up Amp needs go down for any given set up. Check it out with your meter.
Nov 20, 2012, 10:17 AM
hey guys.. i think my wife will buy me this plane for xmas... whats the battery from hobbyking you guys use with no mods needed or no CG changes.... i have a trojan PKZ and i use the 20C 2200mah and no issues at all... just plug and fly... now the 25C seems to be heavier and bigger... so since i do not own the plane yet i just want to know whats the biggest C rate and MAH capacity from turnigy are you guys flying with with no need to scoop foam out of it or without modding the CG... thanks a lot in advance
Nov 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
hey guys.. i think my wife will buy me this plane for xmas... whats the battery from hobbyking you guys use with no mods needed or no CG changes.... i have a trojan PKZ and i use the 20C 2200mah and no issues at all... just plug and fly... now the 25C seems to be heavier and bigger... so since i do not own the plane yet i just want to know whats the biggest C rate and MAH capacity from turnigy are you guys flying with with no need to scoop foam out of it or without modding the CG... thanks a lot in advance
I fly the Zippy 25 c or higher 2200 mah 3 cells. NO ISSUES, drop right in. You will need to build or buy (from HK Cheap) the little XT60 to EC3 adaptor. It's better than trying to solder on new EC3 ends to all your lipos or changing all your ESC's to XT60's.

Marlin
Nov 20, 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
I finally got the Eflite Power32 for my P47. I am going to be using it with an ICE 50 esc, and 3s 2600 batteries. If the bench test works out, I want to use it with the Hobby Lobby 4 blade prop. Has anybody fit this motor to this plane? If so, what is the best way to mount it? I was thinking of just fixing the stock mount to the firewall. If I do this, I think I will have to modify the cowling.
I use the power25 in my jug, plus the 11" 4-blader which works nice, but even i got a few smal cracks in the motormount after a little while. If i were you i would not trust the standard mount to much with that kind of motor, you might better go for the aluminum mount instead.
Nov 20, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99
I fly the Zippy 25 c or higher 2200 mah 3 cells. NO ISSUES, drop right in. You will need to build or buy (from HK Cheap) the little XT60 to EC3 adaptor. It's better than trying to solder on new EC3 ends to all your lipos or changing all your ESC's to XT60's.

Marlin
thanks a lot.. i already have the adapter.. what version of the zippy you use? compact or regular?
Nov 20, 2012, 10:48 AM

3s vs. 4s

Quote:
True it works nice on 4S, and its fast...for a while, but lets face it, foamies like the Parkzonebirds are not build for the speed nor the forces you can squeeze out of a 4S pack.
If its only for a short time, everything is fine, but if you wanna enjoy your plane for awhile i would still choose the 3s version.
This setup is powerfull enough for some nice scale flying if you ask me, just my opinion.
Nov 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Quote:
thanks a lot.. i already have the adapter.. what version of the zippy you use? compact or regular?
Regular, is almost exactly the same size, and slightly lighter weight, than the stock lipo.
Nov 20, 2012, 11:27 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66
I use the power25 in my jug, plus the 11" 4-blader which works nice, but even i got a few smal cracks in the motormount after a little while. If i were you i would not trust the standard mount to much with that kind of motor, you might better go for the aluminum mount instead.

Agreed! The aluminum mount from customRC.com rocks! I clipped, and broke a 12" prop on the runway,doing a high speed fly by(only down fall with a two blade) After landing safely, I inspected the motor, and mount before replacing the prop, and everything held strong! The motor was also fine due to the flex of the firewall.
Nov 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
Has Sloped Off
Quote:
Turnigy 2700mah 3s fits without any foam removal, I now use these sized lipos in all my PZ stuff gives a nice boost in time or can be used to fuel a nice 4 blader.

Dave
Nov 20, 2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk
Turnigy 2700mah 3s fits without any foam removal, I now use these sized lipos in all my PZ stuff gives a nice boost in time or can be used to fuel a nice 4 blader.

Dave

the CG still fine after that?
Nov 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66
True it works nice on 4S, and its fast...for a while, but lets face it, foamies like the Parkzonebirds are not build for the speed nor the forces you can squeeze out of a 4S pack.
If its only for a short time, everything is fine, but if you wanna enjoy your plane for awhile i would still choose the 3s version.
This setup is powerfull enough for some nice scale flying if you ask me, just my opinion.
I fly mine HARD with a 4s 2200 40c pack on the eflite power 25 1250kv motor and a 9x9 prop. Never had any problems at those speeds and no reinforcements of any kind have been used

Quick Reply