Nov 19, 2012, 07:02 AM
Sloooooow Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
My Best Mate Mick.

For all of you who new Mick and followed this thread and many others that new him from other threads that he had posted in.

I got a phone call today from his partner who informed me about my best mate Mick.

It is with my deepesed regret and sadness to have to infom you all that on the 5th of September Mick passed away very suddenly at night with a masive heart attack.

He will be sadly missed by me as he was a dear freind and mate that I spoke, joked and worked out heli faults ect everyday.

Rest in peace Mate.
Eugene.
my condolences
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2012, 08:56 AM
I'd rather be flying
I'm getting the hang of flying my F45. Not too bad so far. I still have to trim it up a little more...

The problem I had after flying it about 5 mins. or so was the battery must have got to the LVC and the copter just "dropped" out of the sky. I assume this was a low voltage cut-off?? Luckily I was only a few feet off the ground and no damage!!
What flying times are people getting with the stock battery?
Thanks!
Nov 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by future88 View Post
hic hic
everyone had forgotten my question, I need help from you

can replace motor brushless equivalent EH 200 ?
I am using the Park 370 4100kv and 5400kv motors in two of my birds and they work great.
Nov 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4ntai View Post
Hello. Just curious any difference between front and rear servo? Cause banggood selling at difference price for front vs rear. Advice please
I'm not sure if the servo itself is different, but the swing arm on the "rear" servo is cut short to match the original.
Nov 19, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4ntai View Post
Hello. Just curious any difference between front and rear servo? Cause banggood selling at difference price for front vs rear. Advice please
The servos are the same. As Mitch332 says, the servo arm on the rear is cut shorter when mounted on the heli.
Nov 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
The servos are the same. As Mitch332 says, the servo arm on the rear is cut shorter when mounted on the heli.
I purchased one of each servo for spares shortly after my friends got F45's and they are both the same and both came with full length, un-cut servo arms.

regards . . . g
Nov 19, 2012, 01:00 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I purchased one of each servo for spares shortly after my friends got F45's and they are both the same and both came with full length, un-cut servo arms.

regards . . . g
Probably differs by vendor then, my rear servo with the shortened arm was purchased from http://www.feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC...-F45-parts.htm
If both servos are the same, except possibly a shortened arm, I'd just get the front servo to be safe and shorten the arm if needed.
Nov 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
I'm getting the hang of flying my F45. Not too bad so far. I still have to trim it up a little more...

The problem I had after flying it about 5 mins. or so was the battery must have got to the LVC and the copter just "dropped" out of the sky. I assume this was a low voltage cut-off?? Luckily I was only a few feet off the ground and no damage!!
Thanks!
Flight times with stock battery and stock F45 easily exceed 8-9 mins but not recommended due to motors getting overly hot!!
Nov 19, 2012, 02:48 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
I agree with Markkona. I've had many solid 8m flights with the stock battery. Depending on your environment I'd keep it well below that. Now that it's ~5c most days I find the stock tail motor doesn't get too hot anymore.

Anyone else notice hobbyking has been down most of the day?
Nov 19, 2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
My Best Mate Mick.

For all of you who new Mick and followed this thread and many others that new him from other threads that he had posted in.

I got a phone call today from his partner who informed me about my best mate Mick.

It is with my deepesed regret and sadness to have to infom you all that on the 5th of September Mick passed away very suddenly at night with a masive heart attack.

He will be sadly missed by me as he was a dear freind and mate that I spoke, joked and worked out heli faults ect everyday.

Rest in peace Mate.
Eugene.
Sincerest condolences to you on the loss of your good friend.
Nov 19, 2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I agree with Markkona. I've had many solid 8m flights with the stock battery. Depending on your environment I'd keep it well below that. Now that it's ~5c most days I find the stock tail motor doesn't get too hot anymore.

Yep. Says it's updating system.
Nov 19, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I thought it might of crashed due to the mad rush on the release of there new transmitter 😏
But according to twitter it's not..
Nov 19, 2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post

Thanks!
As an experiment, I pushed the stock battery until the bird couldn't maintain altitude easily, requiring a landing to prevent a crash. Battery lasted a but over 10 minutes (easy flying, no fast speeds, just a hint of a sporadic breeze). Usually fly a max of 8 minutes to save the stock motors as they get hot even with heat sinks. Never had a bird drop from a low battery - just my lousy flying!
Nov 19, 2012, 04:34 PM

Stupid attack!

Was testing a mod and connected the battery in reverse to PCB. Poof!! Negative tracing on back of PCB melted. Tried a couple of wires as a repair - no go. Think I cooked the transistor or whatever. Moral of story - PUT ON YOUR GLASSES!
Nov 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Flight times with stock battery and stock F45 easily exceed 8-9 mins but not recommended due to motors getting overly hot!!
Maybe I'm being dumb here, but I've read that a good few people are modding to use a nano-tech 2000mAh battery. Wouldn't that then give you more problems with overheating motors? ... or should the nano-tech only be used with upgraded motors? ... or do the nano-techs give you better performance but the same flight time? Just curious

Quick Reply