Nov 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Cinestar 3-axis gimbal RCTimer CLONE

RCTimer is releasing december 28th a 3-axis clone of the Cinestar 3-axis gimbal. Very good price... Hope it's better quality then the S800 clone of them... $699....

to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
Rogier, do you have a S800 clone from them and have it compared it too a DJI one, or
how do you come to that statement?
Nov 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
I am thinking about getting that... If someone buys it lets us know

Eddie
Nov 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Video Juggernaut
If anyone get's the gimbal, I have a rig ready for you.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1768513
Nov 16, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam
Rogier, do you have a S800 clone from them and have it compared it too a DJI one, or
how do you come to that statement?
I have seen the difference in quality of the arms.... and the frame in the pics on the RCTimer site don't look very well. I did nog have had the clone frame in my own hands, but based on the quality of the arms, I would never spent my money on it.

Doubting btw if this is the clone or just original Cinestar pics on the RCtimer site.... If authentic clone pics, it looks very original!
Nov 16, 2012, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker
If anyone get's the gimbal, I have a rig ready for you.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1768513

Spammer.. .
Nov 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Video Juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier
Spammer.. .
pertinent spam
Nov 16, 2012, 11:55 AM
Video Juggernaut
Quote:
I have seen the difference in quality of the arms.... and the frame in the pics on the RCTimer site don't look very well. I did nog have had the clone frame in my own hands, but based on the quality of the arms, I would never spent my money on it.

Doubting btw if this is the clone or just original Cinestar pics on the RCtimer site.... If authentic clone pics, it looks very original!
no that is a different rig. Cinestars mounting plate is different
Nov 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Do like a lot of items sold by rc-timer. Do like the ESC, the ones with SimonK. I also like the S800 clone arms, but only because they are very good after a re-wiring and after a Carbon wrap. Then they are much more rigid, even more rigid then the original DJI's, and also lighter then the un-modified DJI's.

Quote:
I have seen the difference in quality of the arms....
These are the arms before modifications.
RC-timer S800 copy (1 min 41 sec)

Back on-topic, the Cinestar mount. I hope they also going to make a 2 axis mount, and if the quality is half as good as the Cinestar original mount, they will have a winner .
Nov 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Ha, price goes up - 750$ already ;-)
Nov 17, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
The higher they go the less reason not to go for the original Cinestar... Proven quality....
Nov 18, 2012, 02:26 AM
I see some of you find a bargain this mount at $699... then what about this, for $221?

Can you give me some well argued hints, not guesses, why the later could be a lemon ?
Both are carbon, belt driven, axis on bearing... could be the price difference from servo quality only ?
Nov 18, 2012, 05:06 AM
90 * 90 mm space in the Gimbal. About 3 times less then a Cinestar.
Nov 18, 2012, 06:14 AM
Good point, not aware about dimensions.
Still good for video cameras, though, not good for SLR, which I avoid to airborne anyway, there are better choices around.
However, this opening limit the lens size only, the body can be recessed back, the nodal point of almost all lenses is in front of camera body anyway.
Nov 18, 2012, 06:26 AM
I always mount the CG of the cam exactly in the three axis. Therefore a Cinestar is very good, you can get all available cams perfect balanced.

Quick Reply