Nov 14, 2012, 10:03 PM
Go Hawks!
For those of you who want gas and want it cheap.
I've got to say that this is a killer deal and Brian is local.

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...postcount=2333

35% EG MX2, red/blue/white

" 35% EG Aircraft MX2 that I'm looking to unload for $1300. Airframe is in excellent condition, DLE-111 with 3-blade mejlik 25x12s prop, 50mm drop headers and stock mufflers, HiTec 7955s all around JR-8711 on the rudder. I would like to keep my MTW canisters but could be persuaded to include them too (89.5db @ 25 feet with this setup). I would throw in spare unused CF wing and stab tubes and horizontal tail feathers. all up the weight with this set up and A123 batteries is 27lbs. All you would need to do is drop in your radio and batteries, unless you also want my JR X9303 and two R921 receivers for $300. I'm not a big 3D guy but Harv has test flown this plane and proven the plane will 3D very well. I have flown Sportsman successfully the past few years with this plane and it has proven to be very capable."
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
dang that is a good price, forward that off to geno so he can tell the locals up here.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:00 PM
That airplane is already sold
Nov 14, 2012, 11:20 PM
I have the 36% MX 2 airframe only still for sale in good shape never crashed . . Local pick up $450
Nov 14, 2012, 11:34 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar
That airplane is already sold
At that price, it was stolen
Nov 15, 2012, 12:47 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve
I have the 36% MX 2 airframe only still for sale in good shape never crashed . . Local pick up $450
Pretty good price Steve, too bad my barn is full
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
Nov 15, 2012, 01:46 AM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve
where's its pants???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
Pretty good price Steve, too bad my barn is full
no room for the purple Bat Plane?
Nov 15, 2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
where's its pants???

Airplane with new pants in bag.
Nov 15, 2012, 01:39 PM
ex-noob
So... How'd the board meeting and discussion on the FPV ban go yesterday?
Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
where's its pants???

That's not fair! You know I have a soft spot for that plane

I wonder if I could survive having my wife start parking her car outside so I can use the garage space I'll have to think about that one
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 15, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:13 PM
Check this out . FUN FUN FUN
traktor racing volvo terror (4 min 11 sec)
Nov 15, 2012, 02:17 PM
Gone 2 Drone Darkside! FPV FAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog
In summary very good meeting. Mike, Joe, Alan, Azhar & myself were there. The board seemed to be receptive, open & sincere about developing greater relationships with the 3D / FPV / EPD pilots. There was also a strong sediment among the board asking for more help with training days & field maintenance.

FPV

I will let Joe comment more on the FPV discussion. Overall I thought it went really well. Awesome FPV proposal workup by Alan, good communication between board members & FPV experts, excellent questions & concerns. Board is proceeding forward with a potential approval of FPV at MAR/C but is currently waiting for field partners/sponsors (Marymoor Park / King County) review, questions & discussions. Joe can elaborate more.

3D
Azhar can provide a little more prospective. There was also some great discussion about some positive 3D rule amendments which could benefit 3D flyers. Jack (MAR/C Board President) proposed a little more 3D friendly rules structure which would allow multiple 3D pilots flying low over the runway as long as there is joint agreement between pilots flying at the time and there is an encouragement of rotation of different flying styles, heli, circle, etc. Bottom line if approved by the new board in Jan low 3D flying over the runway could be less restrictive as long as 3D flyers do not dominate the field, encourage flight rotation of different flying styles & respect other pilots comfort levels & desire to fly.

Very positive meeting. A bridge has been built and further communication, collaboration & joint trust appear to be on the horizon.

MAR/C Members Meeting Tonight Thurs Nov 15th 7 to 9pm

Last Chance to Vote / Board Member Election Results Announced.
Lake Washington School Admin Building.
16250 Northeast 74th Street Redmond, WA 98052
Last edited by WhirLee; Nov 15, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:24 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog
I thought Alan handled the questions and discussion masterfully. I hope he reads this because he really did a good job. I pitched in fairly strongly at the beginning when Al (the VP) starting throwing out some (IMHO) bogus objections but realized quickly that Alan didn't need my help, so I listened more then I talked.

Jack (the pres) is a real easy going guy who I believe is thoughtful and has the interests of everybody in mind. Al (the VP) came across like he's used to calling the shots. He spent his time fishing for some reason that would hold water to block FVP. John (Safety & Cert)'s questions were along the same track but the other board members seemed to be open to Alans proposal. The bottom line is that the county/parks PTB will have to make a policy ruling before the board will vote on the matter.

My main contribution was making sure that Al heard loud and clear that none of our group signed that ill advised petition which said FVP 'ers did not follow any of the AMA rules. Al's attitude was that if any of us did then that was all the reason the board needed to slam the door on FVP.

The second item of business were the rules that govern 3D flying which essentially formalized the way we have been doing things. Mainly we need to make sure we're not hogging the field or intimidating other flyers and that any flyer can veto 3D activity until he's done with his flight and we owe the club a good attitude when that happens (so as not to intimidate). The one thing we have got to avoid at all costs is hovering 10 feet in front of the pilots area. We have to respect the fact that hardware can fail and hovering has to be confined to no closer then the middle of the field.
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 15, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
I think we will hear more of this tonight maybe.

Justa a fair warning note to visitors.....please, please abide by the rules laid out. They will pick us on that. They were also discussing prop noise. So be aware of that also.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
Nice going guys. Thanks for taking your time last night for us that like to fly 3D . Hope to see you guys tonight. I got my fingers crossed for a good turnout .

Quick Reply