Oct 05, 2012, 03:49 PM
AMA # 75962
chrisorbics,
you will probably have to go through the checkout process to see the shipping charge. As I recall, The buyer does pay the shipping costs.

The Super 40 Taiji is a very nice flying plane. The only problem that I and others have had is getting the C/G far enough aft.

If I was going to build another Super 40 Taiji, I would do what 19Graham91 did to his, He moved the Elevator and Rudder servo's to the rear of the plane. (See Post 41) After doing that, He stated that he had no trouble acheiving the proper C/G.

J
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 01:26 AM
Mine is almost ready to go. just need to make some extension leads for the ailerons then balance.
I used the 750rpv OS motor and JR DS362 servos. Hopefully first flight next week.
I made my own aluminium stand offs to mount the motor. It's a bit tail heavy but i will add tail weight for the first few flights untill i get the cg sorted. After that i might move servos to the back, depending on how much wait is required.
Last edited by drac; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: More info.
Nov 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Chris
Hi, i am going to buy this plane in the near future and I am trying to figure out what servos I should use. The review by park pilot magazine used Jr DS3421 sevos but I am sure they got them for free because they are $90 each. I am looking for something affordable like towerpro or hobbyking. Something reasonable but good. What are you using and what would you reccomend for a buget?
Nov 14, 2012, 06:01 PM
AMA # 75962
chrisorbics,

I used Hyperion DS13-TMB Digital Servos in my Super Taiji 40. I think that they are reasonably priced for a metal geared Digital servo. But, You can get less expensive servo's, But I don't know of any that I would recommend, As I don't buy cheap servo's to put in a expensive airplane. I've never had a problem with any of the Hyperion servo's that I use. (I use 11's through 20's in all of my pattern planes) I learned many, many years ago not to use cheap servo's.

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-71...l-Servo/Detail

J
Nov 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisorbics View Post
Hi, i am going to buy this plane in the near future and I am trying to figure out what servos I should use. The review by park pilot magazine used Jr DS3421 sevos but I am sure they got them for free because they are $90 each. I am looking for something affordable like towerpro or hobbyking. Something reasonable but good. What are you using and what would you reccomend for a buget?
I also picked one of these planes. I'm using this servo from HK- https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...sp?idProduct=2

I've use them on a couple of other 40 to 60 size planes and love them. They centre well and are fairly fast on 6volts. At $7.85 each they're a Good dang for the buck. It doesn't say on the HK site but on the servo data base website they say they're digital.

Rick
Nov 15, 2012, 09:48 AM
Rick
Here's another one you mite want to look at.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=20576
Dec 02, 2012, 08:21 PM
Chris
Hi, I originally read the review on this plane in model airplane news may 2012 issue. It says that the plane includes a brushless 770Kv Km0374810 and a 40A speed control. I was planning on getting this plane and everything I need for Christmas or around this time. Does it come with this motor and speed control?
Dec 02, 2012, 09:53 PM
AMA # 75962
Mine didn't come with a motor or ESC. I just checked the website for Airborne Models and the Ad said that the motor and esc are required, Not that they were included.

J
Dec 04, 2012, 09:45 AM
Rick
I'm didn't come with a motor or ESC either, just an airframe. I got mine from KMP in Canada.
Jan 22, 2013, 08:37 AM
I like turtles
Has anyone taken pics on how they installed the servos in there tail. Picking one of the up in a few weeks
Jan 22, 2013, 04:05 PM
AMA # 75962

The World Models Super Taiji EP (40)

Mattfoo83,

If you look through the thread, I think that you will see where 19Graham91 posted some photo's of how he installed the servo's in the tail area of the plane

J
Jan 23, 2013, 03:33 PM
I like turtles
Thank you
Jan 23, 2013, 07:08 PM
AMA # 75962
Mattfoo83, You're Welcome. If you have any questions about the Super Taiji when you're building it, Just post them here and someone will probably be able to answer your questions.

J
Jan 25, 2013, 09:44 PM
I like turtles
Another week and I should have the kit in my hands. Flew my first 3d plane today (been flying trainers and mid/low wing sport planes for a long time) and loved it. I feel I'm ready for this plane and can't wait. Hope I can get this one up and going without any problems . I've heard its a relatively easy plane to fly. I've been flying for years just always stuck to trainers and foamies. Fingers crossed and super excited.
Jan 26, 2013, 12:21 AM
AMA # 75962

The World Models Super Taiji EP (40)

Mattfoo83,

Pattern planes are fairly easy to fly, the big difference between them and trainer type planes is the pattern plane goes where you point it and won't recover on it's own.

Since you have been flying for years, You shouldn't have any trouble with the Super Taiji 40.

One thing about the way the wing tube mounts in the plane is that it uses wedges and spring clips to hold it in. My flying buddy (JD) turned me on to his trick of leaving one wedge and spring clip in one-half of the wing. Makes it a lot easier to get the wings on.

Have you decided on what equipment you are going to use in the Super Taiji 40?

J

Quick Reply