Nov 14, 2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
Thanks flytrim! Just ordered two of those zippy packs. I guess that means I should put a hold on a 540 for myself . Think if I ordered from HH now I would get in on first run? Or should I go to LHS to get?
When I talked to the HH rep two days ago he said they still had plenty to pre order. So I would think you could get a first run from HH
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Thanks flytrim! Just ordered two of those zippy packs. I guess that means I should put a hold on a 540 for myself . Think if I ordered from HH now I would get in on first run? Or should I go to LHS to get?
your welcome

timing seems to depend on particular hobbyshop.
pilots on this thread have said their LHS say they will have them on 16th
some say will have on 19th or 20th.

since you didn't preorder couple of weeks ago--I am not sure how long it might take to ship from horizon---suppose you could call and ask. Perhaps someone who ordered a sbach3d after the preorder was done and shifted to backorder could tell you how long it took. From what I have read I think my preorder from horizon will get to me on 20th.

wholesale trains says after 11/20/12

edit: post above indicates plenty of preorder stilll
Nov 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Yup,,,,4s IS kinda crazy on this plane,,,,,,,,, but,,,,,,,, If I like this plane ALOT,,, just might have to get another one just to try 4S on
My LHS in process of moving to a bigger better location right now,, won't be reopening until 19th,, even though they'll have this plane on 16th,, its Driving me CRAZY!!! I feel like a little kid. :-)
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Addition
Nov 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
Alright.. I called HH and ordered. He assured me it will be here very soon. Just hope the batteries I ordered come first!!!!!

I'll have to give wifey some other idea for Christmas present.. I couldn't wait that long... hahaa
Nov 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim
your welcome

timing seems to depend on particular hobbyshop.
pilots on this thread have said their LHS say they will have them on 16th
some say will have on 19th or 20th.
My LHS said they'll hit the US distribution centers on the 16th, and then get distributed before the Thanksgiving holiday...19 or 20 is likely.
Nov 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley
My LHS said they'll hit the US distribution centers on the 16th, and then get distributed before the Thanksgiving holiday...19 or 20 is likely.
This sounds right. I don't think HH will get them ready before the 16th. So looking forward to next week!
Nov 14, 2012, 03:22 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1
This sounds right. I don't think HH will get them ready before the 16th. So looking forward to next week!
ha, can't wait too but German sellers not realease before the 29th !
Also the feedback here in our german bulletin board is still quiet so I assume I can order if available.
I checked our local dealer concerning lipo packs- we have SLS (500mAh, 52g) and Gens Ace (450mAh, 46g)--I think Gens Ace would be the best choice- light weight is the answer for all questions to have best performance in 3D flying.
Nov 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
Ok, I've read the manual four times, and watched the video seven times.

Is it here yet? How about now?
Nov 14, 2012, 05:00 PM
I want one toooooo !!!!!!
Preordered at my LHS
Nov 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
Think this bird will get nicknamed "the two Qs", kind of like the Audi?
Nov 14, 2012, 07:07 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Ok, I've read the manual four times, and watched the video seven times.

Is it here yet? How about now?
+1 here!! Got my Zippy compacts, ready to fly. :-)
Nov 14, 2012, 07:09 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count
ha, can't wait too but German sellers not realease before the 29th !
Also the feedback here in our german bulletin board is still quiet so I assume I can order if available.
I checked our local dealer concerning lipo packs- we have SLS (500mAh, 52g) and Gens Ace (450mAh, 46g)--I think Gens Ace would be the best choice- light weight is the answer for all questions to have best performance in 3D flying.
Stock battery listed at 42g,, so I'd definately go with lightest
Nov 14, 2012, 08:37 PM
UMX 3S OG
I do have some 2s packs I could try out then buy me some 3s packs....

hmmmm, how bought a series connector for my 2s packs and fly this Edge on 4s
Nov 14, 2012, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot
If the video is anywere near correct there will be no comparison at all. There is no way the UMX Sbach is going to do an inverted flat spin, waterfalls, knife edge tail spins, etc. etc. like the video is showing the Edge will do.
i can do all those with my umx beast 3d the knife edge spins r really tricky to get in to. i mostly end up doing inverted flat spins instead.

also, please don't confuse ULTRA micro with just plain micro planes
Nov 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
Just ordered batteries today. Unfortunately they're coming out of China since the US warehouse didn't have them in stock. Went with the Zippy Compact 500mah 35c.

I finally got over the whole "assembled plane won't fit in the original box" issue. If I have figured it right I can build a 24" X 24" box that it should fit pefectly in. Just so much easier to transport in the box.

Quick Reply