KK2.0 Fall Colors (5 min 26 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 01:17 AM
Is it strange that I can have my settings like this:

P Gain: 500
P Limit: 100
I Gain: 0
I Limit: 0

and still fly without any wobble / jitter?

I also tried those same settings with I Gain at 200 and I limit at 100 and no difference.
Nov 14, 2012, 02:00 AM
AVR Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
ok, maidened outside my KK2 in my RCE2.5 Tricopter, works good, does not flip or roll as fast as the KK2.1 board I had in there. Is this just a stick scaling thing? or ?

The auto level is neat, in perfect conditions, wind makes it kind of useless except to have a starting point to hold the sticks from to compensate for the wind.

Also noticed flight times are shorter. The board must really suck up the juice!
Increase stick scaling to flip and roll faster.

Did you calibrate your escs with the kk2 board? This may help with flight time if Max throttle is not set correctly.
Nov 14, 2012, 02:02 AM
JohnVHRC
I did, as per instructions. Hopefully tomorrow the Wx will let me try again. I only get about half an hour of light after work.
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
Nov 14, 2012, 02:04 AM
Dixie Normious
just a little bit more fun today
Hobby King Q450 KK2 (5 min 25 sec)
Nov 14, 2012, 02:25 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Nice work Eastcoast, looks very well tuned.

Legend, if it's not oscillating yet then keep going up. Just because person A gets oscillations at X gain doesn't mean you will. There are a lot of variables affecting gain; motor, prop, lipo, frame, vibrations, mounting... safe to say there is no "baseline" to go off of. You just have to fly and play with the settings a while... the tuning process never truly ends, it's just more intensive at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
Actually the term "warming up" isn't quite correct for this situation. I think a word like "stabilize" would be a better term. These are peizo gyros I do believe...
They're MEMs gyros with complex resonating micro structures rather than crystals, but temperature changes affect them similarly. I agree my usage of "warming up" is incorrect, unless it's hot out and the A/C is on.

Kev

edit: I think it's nice... when the weather cools off we have more than one kind of drift to worry about... snow drift... cars drifting on black ice... and now gyro drift. I don't remember my heli tail gyros drifting that much though (even the HK401b). Maybe something can be improved with the hardware? A heatsink, LOL?!
Last edited by Truglodite; Nov 14, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
Nov 14, 2012, 02:32 AM
Does 500 gain sound very out of the ordinary though? Or are some quads known to go that high occasionally?
Nov 14, 2012, 03:34 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
ok, maidened outside my KK2 in my RCE2.5 Tricopter, works good, does not flip or roll as fast as the KK2.1 board I had in there. Is this just a stick scaling thing? or ?

The auto level is neat, in perfect conditions, wind makes it kind of useless except to have a starting point to hold the sticks from to compensate for the wind.

Also noticed flight times are shorter. The board must really suck up the juice!
The board consumes almost nothing compared to the motors.
Stick scaling is all you need to change to make it flip as fast as your KK2.1.
Nov 14, 2012, 03:40 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Hello Steveis...sent you a PM
Nov 14, 2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLength
Does 500 gain sound very out of the ordinary though? Or are some quads known to go that high occasionally?
I would never get anywhere near those values. P at 40 and limit 85. Is ~450mm quad. If it works who cares what the figure is? But it does seem really high. Is your machine 2 or 3 metres between arms? Does it fly OK when the values are lower?
Nov 14, 2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy
I would never get anywhere near those values. P at 40 and limit 85. Is ~450mm quad. If it works who cares what the figure is? But it does seem really high. Is your machine 2 or 3 metres between arms? Does it fly OK when the values are lower?
It's a 550 mm quad. P Gain values above 50 don't seem to make any difference it's weird. It does seem to fly well otherwise but I'm just trying to tune it by increasing the gains until it shakes, but i can't seem to hit that shaking point.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLength
It's a 550 mm quad. P Gain values above 50 don't seem to make any difference it's weird. It does seem to fly well otherwise but I'm just trying to tune it by increasing the gains until it shakes, but i can't seem to hit that shaking point.
I had a KK2 board on a Turnigy micro quad and the P value was ~20 to get it to fly without oscillations. I have no answers for your ability to run that high a value. If my other neuron reminds me I will try putting the gain up but I seem to recall at ~50 for P I started getting the wobbles. At 40 I get a couple of small wobbles after doing a flip or roll which I find OK.
Nov 14, 2012, 06:13 AM
If you have SimonK or similar ESCs you will be able to go higher on the P gain than those without. I also went up to over 400 P Gain while fooling around and never truly got any high speed shaking. You could tell audibly that the gain was too high by the sound the motors were making though.
Nov 14, 2012, 06:57 AM

More Ideas for new firmware

To @kapteinkuk
tryed to send PM but not a option.

We have option Stick and AUX fro Self level if you can enable ON ( always on or ON as default until say otherwise with Stick) for self level we will be able to fly with 4ch rx and/or have 5ch for something else.

Amazing work with KK2.

If you are open for more ideas TH CURVE would be nice, at least middle point value and pre set curve.

Many of us don't have voltage connected and display always say 0,0 if you can write some other info for people with alarm at 0,0.

Great work.
Nov 14, 2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler
To @kapteinkuk
tryed to send PM but not a option.

We have option Stick and AUX fro Self level if you can enable ON ( always on or ON as default until say otherwise with Stick) for self level we will be able to fly with 4ch rx and/or have 5ch for something else.

Amazing work with KK2.

If you are open for more ideas TH CURVE would be nice, at least middle point value and pre set curve.

Many of us don't have voltage connected and display always say 0,0 if you can write some other info for people with alarm at 0,0.

Great work.
I think you have turnigy 9x. If you've flashed your Tx with er9x FW then you can set TH curve.

For voltage alarm. Just solder one wire to the board and connect it to + on power dist. board or lipo.

Quick Reply