Nov 12, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark
I've just ordered the mini! and I have a few questions:
1. Anyone tried these batteries?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5x-Ex...540565691.html
2. Where can I find servo arms? I rather have a spare before trying the servo saver mod...
3. Is there a free PC simulator that works with the devo 8s?
If so, how do I connect it?

Thanks for answering, and for all the info already in this thread!
I have three of the WKLIPO0017 350mah. I have quite a few cycles on them and they are still holding hovers and some FFF at 5-6 minutes. I plan on getting more. I had the Turnigy 300 ones and they seemed ok. They had good power to the end then there was a very dramatic drop which is how it should be. I didn't run any cycles through them though.

No on the servo arms but when you buy a servo (or the last time I did) I got two.

There are free sims but like DantHimself said, they are garbage, you can pick up a used copy of phoenix for $70-80. Well worth it. Or even an older copy of Realflight (say G3 or 3.5) for $50-60. I would recommend Phoenix.

If you really need something now, you can download Helisim or there are multitudes of other free ones. Some are ok but none that I know of do the job like Phoenix.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2012, 12:20 PM
...if you take the time
Thanks. Where can I find these WKLIPO0017?
I'll look at Phoenix. Do you use a o-ring when doing the servo saver mod? Which one?
Nov 12, 2012, 12:43 PM
I haven't done the servo mod yet. I will once I replace my epoxied frame. I have had to replace one servo due to stripped gears. I may hold out to see if replacement gear sets ever become available. Hopeful but realistic.

The batteries I have are:

HM-V100D08-Z-10: Battery 3.7v 350mAh 25C for Walkera V100D08 Helicopters

You can get them at wowhobbies.com and many others. They say WKLIPO00017 on them.
Nov 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream
here is info about the coil saver mod and others https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=10 I originally stated that the silicone does not work to save the coil. I have always used gorilla glue the "dries white 2x stronger" kind Its super lightweight and super strong. I glue the battery cables where they enter the board too,
Sent you a PM on the other forum there... Hoping you can help me out, thanks!
Nov 13, 2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark
Thanks. Where can I find these WKLIPO0017?
I'll look at Phoenix. Do you use a o-ring when doing the servo saver mod? Which one?
I just order these....http://www.ebay.com/itm/271081365596...84.m1439.l2649
Nov 13, 2012, 10:19 PM
I have much interest in walkera mini cp with devo 8S. Because I expected a big discount on Black Friday, I have just monitored it.

Unfortunately, banggood, however, increases its price much today.
The original price was $265, and they increased it to $275 a few days ago.
Now it costs $299.

I have no idea what to do.

Maybe I should wait micro cp from wltoys....
Nov 14, 2012, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony
I have much interest in walkera mini cp with devo 8S. Because I expected a big discount on Black Friday, I have just monitored it.

Now it costs $299.

Chinese vendors do not usually have sales on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Perhaps you can pm Aaron Qin who may be willing to give you a discount coupon.

As far as I know, Walkera has been cutting the price of the Mini CP recently. There are reports that there may be a new 6 axis version coming but this is not confirmed.
Nov 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
Chinese vendors do not usually have sales on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Perhaps you can pm Aaron Qin who may be willing to give you a discount coupon.

As far as I know, Walkera has been cutting the price of the Mini CP recently. There are reports that there may be a new 6 axis version coming but this is not confirmed.
They should make a v2 making the rx sturdier. Imo that's the main concern atm
Nov 14, 2012, 08:06 AM
But as always be weary of any new Walkera product. They use us as guinea pigs to find all the faults and then come out with a version 2. Everyone seems to get burned when a heli just comes out. The 6 axis is probably full of defects. Maybe not though
Nov 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream
But as always be weary of any new Walkera product. They use us as guinea pigs to find all the faults and then come out with a version 2. Everyone seems to get burned when a heli just comes out. The 6 axis is probably full of defects. Maybe not though
Sixaxis should have been tested fairly well by now, considering their launching all new models with it.
Nov 14, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk
Sixaxis should have been tested fairly well by now, considering their launching all new models with it.
I'm surprised for the very few firmware updates.
I'm not convinced that the answer is : nothing to fix !
Nov 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
My friend just called me saying when he flips to inverted it spins/yaws out on him. He is new with helicopters & I haven't looked at it yet but he did say he increased pitch & throttle curves but also told me it was doing it before he did that. Also he has a 7mm tail which helps on blow outs. Any body experienced spin outs while inverted?
Nov 14, 2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony

Now it costs $299.

I was looking fot mini cp with devo 8s,I mail banggood , see the answer:

"Dear friend,
Thank you for your mail and sorry to make you confused.
We found that we would lost money if we sold $274,so we change to an normally price.
Hope you can understand.
Have a nice day.
Best "

If you find for a good price again , please let me know...I want to by one....
Nov 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
oomodel has it for $257. not sure how much shipping would be though.

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-mini-...r-p-62405.html
Nov 14, 2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723
oomodel has it for $257. not sure how much shipping would be though.

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-mini-...r-p-62405.html
When I looked getting mine from oomodel the shipping was outrageous. I ended up getting it from wowhobbies and was about the same. Not sure how much the alibaba one would be for shipping

Quick Reply