Oct 22, 2012, 06:17 AM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy
I'd like to stick to 3s to keep weight down. Maybe a better motor with the stock EDF?-------Metalguy
Believe me, 4s weight is not an issue. I even dead sticked with a heavy 5s. This plane is a mystery.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2012, 06:25 AM
Can't await the maiden of mine. I will use the orig. EDF Unit with a zippy 1300mAh 3S Lipo. Only question for me, with or without landing gear ? Any suggestions ?

Rudi
Oct 22, 2012, 06:57 AM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi
Can't await the maiden of mine. I will use the orig. EDF Unit with a zippy 1300mAh 3S Lipo. Only question for me, with or without landing gear ? Any suggestions ?

Rudi
without LG will doom the rudders.
Oct 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
always something to learn...
That is true, no LG causes the vertical fins to be very vulnerable. They tend to depart the aircraft!------Metalguy
Oct 29, 2012, 12:35 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
That is true, no LG causes the vertical fins to be very vulnerable. They tend to depart the aircraft!------Metalguy
I've flown mine countless times without landing gear, as I only have rough paddocks to land on. The tail needs to be reinforced, and covered with clear packing tape
to survive, but to date is still in one piece. The whole plane got the reinforcing treatment, as it is the the most fragile thing in have ever flown, even worse than Alfa planes. Beer cooler foam at its worst Still, It is worth persevering with
Nov 12, 2012, 11:26 AM
I have been waiting for them to re-stock this plane in the US warehouse. I wonder if it will be discontinued??-----Metalguy
Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 AM
Plane crazy
Quote:
I have been waiting for them to re-stock this plane in the US warehouse. I wonder if it will be discontinued??-----Metalguy
Put it in your wish list with mail notice. I did it and after 6 months I got it
Nov 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
Its in there!!-----Metalguy
Nov 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
Long-Time Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
Metalguy, don't give up.

She flies well. Just need to be careful on the turns.

I'd like more speed though.

http://youtu.be/i4hYRquSKkc
The fan is badly balanced in this video. It's obvious when you power up at the start. Balance it and you'll increase the speed enough to not worry about it in the turns.

My original flew nicely with the original motor/fan and 3s LiPo. The fan was smooth and EDF-whiny, no rattle, no vibration ... well balanced. In my link I noted that's it's "a challenging winner."

Unfortunately that model eventually crashed due to some kind of interference — and no, it wasn't pilot error. It was before I switched to 2.4Ghz.
Nov 17, 2012, 06:21 PM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frolik
The fan is badly balanced in this video. It's obvious when you power up at the start. Balance it and you'll increase the speed enough to not worry about it in the turns.

My original flew nicely with the original motor/fan and 3s LiPo. The fan was smooth and EDF-whiny, no rattle, no vibration ... well balanced. In my link I noted that's it's "a challenging winner."

Unfortunately that model eventually crashed due to some kind of interference — and no, it wasn't pilot error. It was before I switched to 2.4Ghz.
I agree on the fan, but after changing to a Mercury 3700kv on 4s I can't get back to the stock blower.

Eventually the Mercury died on 5s and now I installed one of my Freewing Su-34 EDFs, also on 4s and the plane has a lot of punch.
Nov 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Its in there!!-----Metalguy
Just one left!

Go get it!

I already have 2.
Nov 18, 2012, 11:26 AM
I think I will grab another one of these, and cover it with silkspan. Maybe that will help it stay together better. I really like the unique design of this plane, and after having it defeat me last time, I want another round with it! ------Metalguy
Nov 19, 2012, 10:49 AM
Plane crazy
Today I got refunded for my burnt Mercury 3700kv.

Well done HK!
Dec 09, 2012, 03:55 PM
Can the stock motor be utilized with 4s? Probably an ESC change, but can the motor deal?------Metalguy
Dec 09, 2012, 10:11 PM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Can the stock motor be utilized with 4s? Probably an ESC change, but can the motor deal?------Metalguy
I don't think so, it is really puny. But if you plan to change it anyway...

Quick Reply