Nov 08, 2012, 10:54 AM
GSMB Member
@Blutoh..... shhhhhh. Don't say anymore!!

Well Pete, the trees are getting less and less in my yard. I lost a big tree in my front yard from Irene last year. And a few of those in the first pic will be cut down soon.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2012, 01:55 PM

Snow

I hope we get some decent snow this winter, on the west coat, we could realy use, the tourist business! And, maybe, I can get up to play with my Snow Cat again. Hope it's not to bad, for those that are still recovering from the last storm. CB
Nov 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
GSMB Member
What a difference.
Nov 08, 2012, 03:38 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_nj
@Blutoh..... shhhhhh. Don't say anymore!!

Well Pete, the trees are getting less and less in my yard. I lost a big tree in my front yard from Irene last year. And a few of those in the first pic will be cut down soon.
Ken, I have lost several "arbor vitae" to windstorms over the years, and resorted to driving fenceposts upwind and tying them back. Helped a lot---.
Nov 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale
You had all summer to fix the roof but no. You couldn't put that beer down so now you got a wet house. Ha! Sorry Schrott but the snow has started early this year. The devil made me do it. Pete
You started it, not Me.
I built it all summer.
I got the sheets on yesterday. It sleeghted all night and today. But I got the paper on today, wet as a dog and cold.
Tomorrow 30 as a high and 18 as a low.

The deveil, why do I like that.
Nov 10, 2012, 05:28 AM

Norgale misses the changing seasons

PETE: Consider this:large steak of your choice,done to your wishes,comfy warm bed,Captain Morgan,choice of snow shovel,friendly conversation (maybe) with wonderful couple.Ah,the good old days.Back to the days before you moved to "ALLIGATOR ALLEY" in your MERCURY.
The next time the snow exceeds 6" BE HERE
OBW
PS GOTTA GET BACK TO THAT BOAT
Last edited by oldbilgewater; Nov 10, 2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: inches not feet
Nov 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
"Take the Cannollis"
So, Pete........ You traded humidity for snow !..... But you don't have to shovel humidity!
Nov 11, 2012, 04:05 AM
On some really hot days down here, it feels as if you could almost swim in the humidity.
Nov 12, 2012, 09:36 AM
UGH!! All we have is the usual cold rain!! Wont make for a very fun tree lighting in Tualatin this year.Love lighting up the boats for an evening of music and casual boating for hours
Nov 12, 2012, 01:03 PM

Snow vs Rain

I LOVE the snow, but, when I worked for the Airport, at South Lake Tahoe, there were days that the feeling was, LEAST YOU DON"T HAVE TO PLOW, RAIN! CB
Nov 13, 2012, 07:41 AM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilgewater
PETE: Consider this:large steak of your choice,done to your wishes,comfy warm bed,Captain Morgan,choice of snow shovel,friendly conversation (maybe) with wonderful couple.Ah,the good old days.Back to the days before you moved to "ALLIGATOR ALLEY" in your MERCURY.
The next time the snow exceeds 6" BE HERE
OBW
PS GOTTA GET BACK TO THAT BOAT
You make things very attractive Old Bilge Bucket. How could anyone turn down a Porterhouse steak AND the choice of snow shovels? Ha!
I didn't 'move' to Alligator Alley in my Mercury and how did you know I had a Mercury ? I left the East coast,got on AA and this was as far as I could go because that's all the gas I had with .35 left in my pocket. Been here ever since.
Nov 13, 2012, 07:54 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
So far, we've had a few dustings of snow, but they didn't last.

Mixed forecasts for this area this winter, which translates to the weather people really having no clue.

I'm hoping that we have a white Christmas, which we haven't had for the last several years. It'll give my new American Eskimo dog something to romp in---.
Nov 13, 2012, 07:58 AM
Retired for now
Thread OP
I guess from all the comments that winter is starting to set in. I figure that most of you like the snow since that's where you continue to live. Charlie gripes and moans and groans about the snow but he's a New Englander and he really loves the white stuff and wouldn't move if you bombed him out of his house.
I do remember the long dark days of winter in Massachusettes with the rain,sleet and snow. The icy roads and the car wouldn't start in the morning until we put a hair dryer under the hood for a couple hours and warmed up the engine. I've been stuck in snow banks after sliding off the snowy road,stuck in the house during howling storms that started with heavy rain and then turned to deep snow. Been without power for days and had to go around the neighborhood to pick up tree limbs for the fireplace to keep warm. Waited six days for the town to plow out our road one year and couldn't get out to go to school.
Yup! Been there and done that and ya,I do miss it all but couldn't handle it now. So I live vicariously through your pictures and stories and I love every minute of it. Thanks to all who contribute to this thread.
My little trailer park has gone from 35 inhabitants to about 150 in the last two weeks.Almost every home is occupied by the snowbirds so I know it's cold up there . Now the fights start for the next washing machine in the laundry room and the pool is full most of the day. Kinda brings a tear to my eyes don't ya know. Pete
Nov 13, 2012, 08:06 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
We're not that far along with winter here yet Pete, I'm still raking leaves---.
Nov 13, 2012, 08:23 AM
Retired for now
Thread OP
I thought you were supposed to chop them up with your lawn mower? We used to burn them in a big pile but maybe that's not allowed anymore. Pete

Quick Reply