Oct 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__
Which is why they say to calibrate with the tim all the way down.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
The actual numbers that the radio is sending are integers in the range 0-1024 or 0-2048 for high end radios. Those numbers are mapped internally to percentages around center and the percentages go from -125 to +125. When you set the throttle to zero, it's really -100 and you could go 25 points lower than that.

Most aircraft speed controllers calibrate the zero point on startup, but it needs to be low enough, and some speed controllers just don't think zero is low enough.
And Yup.

Which is why Im pretty certain that Ty's problem with binding (and mine was) is because his trim is centered. I just put another 5 packs through this MQX. No more problems since I spotted my mistake.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2012, 07:30 PM
Philippians 4:13
I suppose it is like when I set up a glow plane for my Dad, I set the throttle stick all the way down and trim in the center (which I would consider zero) then I would adjust the engine so that it was running. This way when I was flying the plane I could cut it to zero throttle on the stick but the plane would keep running enough so the engine wouldn't cut out. Then when I came in for a landing, I would actually have to pull the trim down all the way to cut the throttle fully enough for the engine to cut out. I get it.
Oct 23, 2012, 07:32 PM
battery question:
Is there a favorite (cheap but quality) battery that you all like for your MQX? I need to order one or two. Thanks
Oct 23, 2012, 07:58 PM
I think the nano tech fits that description. Dirt cheap. Order several so if u get a couple failures it won't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
battery question:
Is there a favorite (cheap but quality) battery that you all like for your MQX? I need to order one or two. Thanks
Oct 23, 2012, 08:07 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
Quote:
I suppose it is like when I set up a glow plane for my Dad, I set the throttle stick all the way down and trim in the center (which I would consider zero) then I would adjust the engine so that it was running. This way when I was flying the plane I could cut it to zero throttle on the stick but the plane would keep running enough so the engine wouldn't cut out. Then when I came in for a landing, I would actually have to pull the trim down all the way to cut the throttle fully enough for the engine to cut out. I get it.
Yup. Let us know when you get around to trying it out.

Quote:
battery question:
Ya cant beat these Hyperion's!

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...li-p-6265.html
Last edited by desertdweller; Oct 23, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys.
Here is another question foryou... I have 2 cellpro 4S chargers. Neither of them can charge 1 cell lipos. Well, I don't have an adapter that will allow it I guess. As far as I know, you can only charge lipos that have a balance plug with my cellpro chargers. Has anybody come across an adapter that will allow me to charge 1 cell? Thanks
Oct 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
Team SCHC
Quote:
Thanks guys.
Here is another question foryou... I have 2 cellpro 4S chargers. Neither of them can charge 1 cell lipos. Well, I don't have an adapter that will allow it I guess. As far as I know, you can only charge lipos that have a balance plug with my cellpro chargers. Has anybody come across an adapter that will allow me to charge 1 cell? Thanks
I charge 1S on my Cellpro 4S all the time. Just tap into the first and last wires and go to any single plug or parallel board.
Oct 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
oh sweet! Can you please show me a picture?
nevermind, found a solutuion :-)
Last edited by ty_horn; Oct 23, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
well, well, well... Look what I found in my pile of stuff that I didn't throw away but probably thought about it at one point. :-) This charge lead is for 2 cell lipos and it is for use with a non-balancing ParkZone charger. So, it will work perfect with the cellpro charger when plugged into a 2 cell port!
Sweet, no tapping required.
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ1053

Hey desertdweller,
do you know for sure that those hyperions fit?
Last edited by ty_horn; Oct 23, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Oct 24, 2012, 11:08 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
Quote:

Hey desertdweller,
do you know for sure that those hyperions fit?
Yup!

The only thing that you have to do is add a little tape to the Hyperions because they tend to be just a tad bit loose in the MQX battery holder. But it makes a convienient place to write the number/letter of the battery. I also cover all my batteries with a piece of clear packing tape because it irritates me when the labels keep getting pealed off by removing them from the aircraft. (thats the clear stuff you see sticking out the bottom of the batteries)

Edit: Also of note, you will notice a nice little improvement in performance from those Hyperions over the stock Eflite battery.

Last edited by desertdweller; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: added a lil sumthin
Oct 24, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cool! Thanks. I figured there would be some performance advantage if I went with those lipos. I am glad they are a little too small rather than a little too big.
Oct 24, 2012, 01:29 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction with a little trouble shooting please.

When I put full right rudder on very rapidly my bird tips instead of simply spinning.

The same doesn't apply to whacking full left rudder on.

I'm fairly certain it's not a radio issue, though will check when I get a chance, so I basically know it's either one of the anti-clockwise motors/props or the clockwise motors/props.

At a glance the props look fine, tried holding the MQX and powering up and the blades all look to be in reasonable condition.

So if it's a problem when spinning right can anyone tell me if it's the clockwise or anti-clockwise bits that I need to start trouble shooting?
Oct 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders
Can someone point me in the right direction with a little trouble shooting please.

When I put full right rudder on very rapidly my bird tips instead of simply spinning.

The same doesn't apply to whacking full left rudder on.

I'm fairly certain it's not a radio issue, though will check when I get a chance, so I basically know it's either one of the anti-clockwise motors/props or the clockwise motors/props.

At a glance the props look fine, tried holding the MQX and powering up and the blades all look to be in reasonable condition.

So if it's a problem when spinning right can anyone tell me if it's the clockwise or anti-clockwise bits that I need to start trouble shooting?
Switch the motors and see if the problem migrates to left rudder.
Oct 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hold it again and spool it up. Then begin rotating the quad in your hand at different angles. You'll feel the pull of the different motors as it speeds up and slows down to accommodate the direction. See what the motor does on that corner. If it doesn't pick back up in speed could be bad motor. However then to be sure do as Gerry suggested. If it runs fine on the other channel you probably have a bad channel on your board.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__
Switch the motors and see if the problem migrates to left rudder.
If I understand the physics correctly that shouldn't happen

It should however make the tip occur in a different direction, eliminating the board and the other pair of motors as the problem.

Will start with that thanks.

Quick Reply