Oct 18, 2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by putzvarruckt
so let me show you my scale 450...

Greetings from Austria.

putzvarruckt
Was the raised tail included in the kit,in that case was it a tt or belt conversion?

Cheers
Jack
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen65
Was the raised tail included in the kit,in that case was it a tt or belt conversion?

Cheers
Jack
Hello Jack,

the raised tail is optional avalable from the manufacturer
Check out this link to the Huey fuse from germany:
http://www.masterart-helis.de/produkte/bell-uh1d
There you will find the kit contents and the raised tail kit.
You will only need a spare tail tube or even a broken one from a boomstrike ;-)

As you see, the tail is belt driven and there is a neopren belt part of this kit.
Check this pic: http://www.masterart-helis.de/wp-con...ng-250x160.jpg

Friedrich
Oct 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Hello Jack,

As you see, the tail is belt driven and there is a neopren belt part of this kit.

Friedrich

Thanks,the puma looks really nice to,are this fuses directly in stock,reading about the puma it says that only 15 are produced 2012,either case they seem done with much care

Cheers
Jack
Oct 18, 2012, 01:33 PM
T-REX COLLECTION
Quote:
Hello Jack,

Friedrich
please there is not some raised tail boom for TT T/rex 450 pro? thanks
Nice scale the Huey....
Oct 18, 2012, 02:32 PM

Masterart Helis

Hello scalelovers,

Masterart is kind of a two man company that handcrafts all the fuselages.
Check the new 500 size Huey that is has kind of a prototype state by now:
Here is one pic from the thread of the prototype work:

(all rights reserved by Masterart Helis!)

Check the thread for more (in german unfortunately)
http://www.rc-heli.de/board/showthread.php?t=197025

Maybe we can get Cristian posting here, i will try...

@I-FELN: no only belt driven tail! For 500 size Christian will do both options.

At last one more of my pics

Friedrich
Oct 18, 2012, 03:16 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-FELN
please there is not some raised tail boom for TT T/rex 450 pro? thanks
Nice scale the Huey....
If that MasterArt fuselage is glassfibre/resin, it has sufficient structural strength to do this: conversion without problems
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1746978

It will reduce take off weight by 30-50 gramm, and reduce current draw by a minimum of 2.5~3 amps (mine went from 16.3 A average to approx 12.5 A average) and will improve tail control considerably compared to bowdencable control as shown on the MasterArt website.

Brgds, Bert
Oct 18, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hi Bert,

yes, but the tail of my fuselage is removeable, so the structure is not strong enough. Main target was maximum acurancy in case of scale! So the tailboom is not as wide as it is on most other "scale" fuselages.
I do not realy know my average current draw, but what I know is, that I have to charge about 1700mAh after 9 minutes of flight.
Equals about 11,5A in average...

Second there is no space for this levers in the tail, that's my we use a cable for tail control...

Friedrich
Oct 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
Closed Account
Hi Friedrich,

I don't think you looked properly: the modification I did, fits in any tail that has a minimum passage of 5 mm (the tube is only 4 mm outer diameter)....
If a tailboom and guiderollers can be fitted, there is room for literally four of my shafts....
I can guarantee you, that when using the flex drive, there will definitely be space for a bellcrank.
It also makes the use of the T-rex Pro Torque Tue version possible, as the shaft and tube can be shaped to suit any height or angle.

Since the original tailboom on the 450 mechanics is not needed anymore, tail of fuselage also does not need to be removeable anymore: the mechanics can simply be pulled forward and the shaft will disconnect itself, and connect again when the mechanics is slid back in place.
I can literally remove my mechanics within 1.5 minute, install it back in under 2 minutes, and continue flying without any further adjustment to belt tension or tail control

My 12.5 A is with 1250 grammes, a 4 bladed rotor of 79 cm instead of 2 blades and 72 cm, and an enlarged tailrotor. Even if yours consume only 11.5 Amp, it will still go down in power consumption, since a raised tail belt drive consumes anywhere between 25 and 45 Watt as a static power loss, just to get the belt moving....

How strong does the tail need to be? the sidethrust of the tailrotor when using a 4 bladed head is approx 100 to 125 grammes, with a 2 bladed head slightly less, say 75 to 100 grammes. And that is with a take off weight of 1250 gram. If the Huey is lighter, the sidethrust is smaller too.
Your tail therefore need not be built out of reinforced concrete to hold....
I don't know if that fuselage comes with a separate tail or you had to cut it loose yourself, but you can glue fixed the tail, and reinforce the connection site.

But of course, it's up to you.... It was only a suggestion, and actually to I-FELN, and potential buyers of that beautiful fuselage, more than to you, since yours is allready flying

Brgds, Bert
Oct 19, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hi again,

Masterart will ship to USA, shipping is about EUR 35,-
Shipping delays to be asked at his mail address.

What is in the Kit? Check the website, you will find a small link top/right to switch to english languge and you will get your information.
The instructions are very detailled so you will get along easy with the fuselage mounting.

Friedrich
Oct 19, 2012, 02:42 PM
WOW those are some High dollar fuses, but they do look incredible.
Oct 19, 2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
WOW those are some High dollar fuses, but they do look incredible.
...but worth every cent!
Oct 20, 2012, 12:14 AM
My 450 sized UH1Y Huey. I have to still order some decals from Calli Graphics. It will be a USMC themed SAR helicopter.

Specs:
  • Exi 450 mechanics
  • Futaba S3156mg's cyclics
  • Futaba S9250 tail
  • AR7200BX
  • CNChelicopter 4 bladed rotor head with RCAerodyne Semi Symmetrical Scale Blades
  • KBDD larger tail blades
  • Blue loctite everywhere
  • Tail rotor switched to port side
  • Flying vids to come
    RCAerodyne 450 size UH1Y with Led Lights and Scale (0 min 56 sec)

RCAerodyne 450 size UH1Y with Led Lights and Scale (0 min 56 sec)
Last edited by mygsx; Oct 20, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Oct 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
Very nice in flight VDO please
Oct 20, 2012, 03:49 PM
Uploading now, so far I run it on 4s 2700 mah, Hyperion S2221-2580 on 13T, CC ESC 50, CC BEC Pro, Throttle Curves 0-75-75-75-85, putch is set to:
-10, -5, 0, +5, +10 with larger KBDD tail blades, and AR7200BX. I am still working out the kinks on the tail gyro setting. I may reduce the pitch curve to +9 and +4 to see if that helps, if all else fails. Very smooth to fly so far. Thanks.
Oct 20, 2012, 04:22 PM

YouTube Short Video

Quick little short flight , wife as the camera woman. Thanks.

RC Aerodyne Scale Flying 450 Size UH1Y Huey RC (4 min 41 sec)

RC Aerodyne Scale Flying 450 Size UH1Y Huey RC (4 min 41 sec)
Last edited by mygsx; Oct 20, 2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Typos

Quick Reply