Oct 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut Erik
Okay, that is a KK type board. Go to the page https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21977 and click on the "files" tab .... just below where it says "add to cart". There is a bunch of information there. I'm not familiar with this board but it appears that you need a USBasp programmer (also available from hobbyking). There are a couple of programs in the files tab also, KKmulticopter flash tool etc and instructions.
Multirotors are a learning curve, to build, and fly. Read, read, and read some more ... ask questions. Search on this forum under hobbyking v3.0 control board, or in the KK threads and it will all become clear. (as a note ... I am not 100% sure that this board will actually fly a Y6 ... maybe someone can clarify that ??)

Mark
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2012, 05:45 PM
Dreamer
Okay ... just answered my own question ... there a bunch of firmware versions for Y6 using this board through the KKmulticopter flashtool v0.63 ....
Oct 15, 2012, 06:54 PM
This is the USB tool you will need (or something very similar.)
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...6&productname=

As for programming it and software:
http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool

And for setup:
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=manual

Read everything on these pages, and you should be pretty close.

Or buy one of these: Perfect for noobs (like me - I have two and one like you)
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html

They work out of the box and are field programmable, no computer required.
Oct 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
Chuck,

The orange color will add some orientation help and sort of dress it up a little! It certainly will not hold a candle to what you did to yours! You did some fine work!

To answer your question on the prop balance! I have not got to the part of my construction yet, so I really can't say how well balanced they are right out of the box. But yes, I did purchase my props, motors, and ESC's from RCDude.

Just to pitch RCDude a little, I have used him on several of my projects. He is a wealth of information and he goes out of his way to answer any questions you might have. He has good quality products and he stands behind them.

Rob
Oct 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twwd
That would be great! If it's not imposing on you! I have seen a couple of youtubes that show some of the setting, but none of them really say this is the way they set up there system.
Hi Rob,

I have attached a pdf document with the setup for the KK2.0 Board.

Chuck
Oct 19, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm still getting mine dialed in... 5 props and 4 bent shafts later, I'm still working on it. Once I get a reasonable KK2.0 board setting I'll let you know!
Oct 20, 2012, 01:22 AM
Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunderslimer
I'm still getting mine dialed in... 5 props and 4 bent shafts later, I'm still working on it. Once I get a reasonable KK2.0 board setting I'll let you know!
I'm guessing most of the bent shafts and propellers are on the lower motors ... that's the down side of Y6's .
Oct 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
Chuck,

Thank you very much for the PDF! I did PM you, but I am sort of new at the blog stuff so I am still learning! Thank you again for all your help!

I have just about got the paint work done on the frame, then I can start the build on my Y650. I also have a Quad build as well that I am into about half way. My thought is it would make for a better learning process before I tackle the Scorpion. I am using the same KK2.0 board on it as well.

Thanks again!

Rob
Oct 21, 2012, 02:23 AM
Like to share video of my Scorpion's flight.
KK2 1.2 board,RCTimer 20A flashed ESC, SunnySky 2212-13 kV980 motors.

Flight of the Scorpion (4 min 8 sec)
Oct 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
Baca,

That was a great video! Really like the close up shots! There sure are some great looking Scorpions on this blog. I am moving along with mine as well as the Quad I am building.

Here is another photo of the finished parts that I have painted. Paint work complete, so now I can start the build!

Name: 001.jpg
Views: 214
Size: 146.0 KB
Description:
Oct 21, 2012, 08:03 PM
Dreamer
Man ... that's bright .... orientation will not be a problem with that bright orange paintwork ...
Oct 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
Hi Mark,

I going to need all the help I can get to keep the Scorpion on tract! Now that the paint work is completed I will start the build process. I am also making headway on my Quad! As you know this will be the machine I do my learning on before I attempt to fly the Scorpion.

Rob
Oct 22, 2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca
Like to share video of my Scorpion's flight.
Nice Flying Baca. The KK Board is a nice flying board in the Scorpion. Your's looks real stable.
Oct 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104
I'm guessing most of the bent shafts and propellers are on the lower motors ... that's the down side of Y6's .
Hehehehe... you're right. I did still manage to bend one top shaft - but, the shafts are quite long, so I'm blaming that.

Chewin through props like crazy, but loving it.
Oct 26, 2012, 06:44 PM
Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunderslimer
Hehehehe... you're right. I did still manage to bend one top shaft - but, the shafts are quite long, so I'm blaming that.

Chewin through props like crazy, but loving it.
Most motors have shafts that are too long. Here is what I do .... drill a hole in a piece of cardboard and push it onto the motor shaft (after removing the prop adapter, of course). This acts to stop any debris going into the motor. Next, use an angle grinder and cut off wheel and lop off the excess shaft, so that the prop adapter sits down onto the motor bell. Tidy up the burrs, and rough up the motor shaft with some coarse sandpaper. This helps avoid bent motor shafts, reduces vibration, and gives the collet prop adapters a good grip on the motor shafts. Angle grinder sounds brutal but it only takes a second and any heat generated is minimal. Just avoid any debris getting into the motor.

Quick Reply