Oct 19, 2012, 11:50 AM
I don't imagine that I'll be flying either of my TM's during the winter.....unless there's a gym that becomes available. October/November are transitional months around here.....slush covered ground.....the lakes and ponds haven't frozen over to a safe thickness yet. I have the skis ready for all my glow planes but I'm going to miss the slow, gentle flights of the Tiger Moths.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
No, Buzz.....you read it correctly! I will reiterate........I have nothing against a pink TM. (Just to set the record straight.)
Hah! I wasn't talking about the plane. I'm still laughing!
Oct 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
I know you weren't!
Oct 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I used to have an .049 with throttle control. You controlled the throttle by moving a ring around the exhaust port. That slowly closed the exhaust port and forced the engine to run slower. They worked well.... but a fuel powered TM is just not right.
It's sacrilege!

Buzz
Lets see, it is going on cold weather. With my glow I had to take plane, fuel, tx, starting battery, and plane caddy out into the cold. Fill plane with fuel outdoors gets hands cold. After flying clean plane before going indoors where it is warm. Now with electic I put battery in plane indoors, grab tx and go fly. Land plane and hurry indoors to get warm, take battery out.
Oct 19, 2012, 02:36 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by degreen60
Lets see, it is going on cold weather. With my glow I had to take plane, fuel, tx, starting battery, and plane caddy out into the cold. Fill plane with fuel outdoors gets hands cold. After flying clean plane before going indoors where it is warm. Now with electic I put battery in plane indoors, grab tx and go fly. Land plane and hurry indoors to get warm, take battery out.
I think if I lived where you do... I'd put a glow plug in both gloves,, then hook them to your starter battery. .....
Oct 19, 2012, 03:12 PM
Elfi Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz
hah! I wasn't talking about the plane.
d.o.m. !!

rd
Oct 19, 2012, 03:48 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
d.o.m. !!

rd
No, I'm not! Besides he started it.
Don't make me drive over there..................
Oct 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
Gentlemen! We'll have none of that!
Oct 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Gentlemen! We'll have none of that!
lol... Doug and I are very close friends. We take a jab at one another whenever get the chance. He's flown one of his Tiger Moths 1500 ft high... he carries a little recording altimeter in it.
Oct 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7

Oh No!

It finally happened. I crashed the 25ft moth today.

I was flying at the sports complex, so I had plenty of room... but something broke.
I was at a full 25' and it suddenly banked hard right and went into the grass.
It went in nose first... which broke the motor stick... but I can epoxy it back together with enough down thrust to match the same angle it had. Broke off the top of the rudder too.... but that's an easy fix. She'll be airworthy in a day or so.

Buzz
Low Flying Expert
Oct 19, 2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
lol... Doug and I are very close friends. We take a jab at one another whenever get the chance.
I sensed that........I was just "playing it up" to add a little tension for those "not in the know."
Sorry to hear that your skills weren't up to the task of flying the 25ft TM......next time maybe?
Oct 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
Elfi Flyer
If your Moth, once repaired, flys higher then 25 feet, you will be excommunicated!! Be so warned!!

RD
Oct 20, 2012, 07:51 AM
First time in three weeks that there exists a possibility of flying outdoors and I get my stuff ready to take out to the car and in rolls a fog bank so thick I can't see 10 feet in front of me!!!!
Oct 20, 2012, 11:57 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
I sensed that........I was just "playing it up" to add a little tension for those "not in the know."
Sorry to hear that your skills weren't up to the task of flying the 25ft TM......next time maybe?
No, the push rod for the rudder came off. lmao..... skills? My dog can fly a Tiger Moth!
Oct 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
First time in three weeks that there exists a possibility of flying outdoors and I get my stuff ready to take out to the car and in rolls a fog bank so thick I can't see 10 feet in front of me!!!!

See what happens when you make fun of others? LMAO!

Quick Reply