Oct 14, 2012, 03:46 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Quadrino & MultiWii 101

FlyingEinstein will be hosting a webex class each Sunday @ 3PM EST for an introduction to wiring the Quadrino and initial installation and configuration of the MultiWii Configuration software. This is a group discussion and a Question and Answer period will follow and asking questions during the webex is also encouraged. If you are having difficulties with setting up the Quadrino this is your chance to get your questions answered and your quad flying.

This class is offered through Cisco WebEx and supports up to 50 attendees at a time. To join the meeting goto flyingeinstein.webex.com between 2:45 PM and 3:00PM EST. The meeting will open at 2:45PM but will not begin until 3PM.

Password is always "quad"

Go to flyingeinstein.webex.com

Webex is a Cisco product for online group meetings and presentations. If you haven't already done so, your browser will prompt you to install the webex browser plugin. There is no spam, spyware or adware in the Cisco webex product. Cisco is the leading supplier of computer network related products.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2012, 03:10 PM
I haven't followed this thread for awhile. Is there a gps module available yet?
Oct 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
You can use a $6 I2C-GPS-NAV Module from RCTimer.com to use any serial GPS.
Oct 15, 2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi
You can use a $6 I2C-GPS-NAV Module from RCTimer.com to use any serial GPS.
What module do you use? Would you recommend it?

Thanks
Oct 15, 2012, 06:41 PM
Oh yeah for sure:

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=

I use a LocoSys Next Gen GPS module with it. Only thing you have to do is either solder the ISP or FTDI header on and upload a new sketch with NMEA strings enabled.

Here is a whole thread about that:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1724694

Mine had the SLC/SLA lines mislabeled and reversed - It worked A+ after switching the lines.

I have full GPS position hold - and RTH almost with zero configuration. That was pretty amazing.

I still have issues holding altitude via the barometer on the Quadrino. It looks like a jumping jack :-D
Oct 15, 2012, 07:06 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
On the subject of GPS, RTH, etc...is a mag sensor really needed...especially for RTH capability. I have a Quadrino basic, thus no baro or mag. I've got the RCTimer GPS and Nav unit, but haven't tried connecting it yet. I'm hoping it can replace my Naza one day...
Oct 15, 2012, 07:23 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
I'd say yes, because it turns to quad to heading head first which would require mag. Baron not to sure it helps cause it holds the alt, but really nothing else. Do you have acc on the basic? Cause I'm sure thats needed.
Oct 16, 2012, 08:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab
I'd say yes, because it turns to quad to heading head first which would require mag. Baron not to sure it helps cause it holds the alt, but really nothing else. Do you have acc on the basic? Cause I'm sure thats needed.
I have the Quadrino Basic FC. I bought it before or right at the time they were initially releasing. I understand the need for a mag sensor to aid in the direction it's pointed. My Naza controller turns the head to home on RTH. My (now sold) XAircraft controller didn't...it'd just RTH if whatever direction the nose happened to be pointed. Both have mag sensors, but evidently used the info differently.
Oct 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
WHOOLYGANG: ELEVATE (1 min 45 sec)
Oct 17, 2012, 09:41 PM
Breaker of Things
I've had a couple of instances today where my Rev 1C board has had a flashing orange status light. The board will of course not arm at this time, but with disconnecting and reconnecting a couple of times it will stop flashing and eventually I can arm it. Pretty disconcerting though... This is on my HT-FPV frame with turnigy plush controllers and motors from Witespy... Power is from a DIY Drones power distro board.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Paul
Oct 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
Still need help with baro...
Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
Still need help with baro...
??????
I've been trying like mad to read your mind but no success!
You think maybe you could restate your baro issue or at least give us a link to the original post (if there was one)?
mark
Oct 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
8 bit is more fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
??????
I've been trying like mad to read your mind but no success!
You think maybe you could restate your baro issue or at least give us a link to the original post (if there was one)?
mark
ROFLMAO! That must be the funniest thing I've ever read here on rcgroups!
I really love your sense of humor. Thank you! <Still laughing...>
Oct 18, 2012, 11:19 PM
When I go to config it just says 1056.2 and doesn't change. It's inactive and I'm trying to figure it out in sketch
Oct 19, 2012, 02:39 PM
8 bit is more fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333
When I go to config it just says 1056.2 and doesn't change. It's inactive and I'm trying to figure it out in sketch
Do you get a high I2C error count in MultiWiiConf?

Quick Reply