Oct 05, 2012, 06:30 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug
DSM2 has become a standard. Other outfits might just as well start licensing it and we might just as well start sticking DSM2 clones into our own stuff. Pete
I agree completely. Hobby Zone, with their UM Champ, made a great decision to make the plane DSM2 (and now DSMX) compatible. FlyZone has a nice idea with their AnyLink. However, the first editions of their Playmate and Albatros are not even compatible with the AnyLink electronics. DSM2/DSMX has, IMHO, really become the defacto standard for micro's. I can only hope the transmitter supplied with the Nano-Micro Tiger Moth 75 will be better than what was supplied with the first edition FlyZone micros, such as the Playmate and Albatros.

RD
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
I would say No and No.

It won't bind to DSM2 and no way will it fly in a living room.
That helps x2 Thank you. (much clearer now that 'm home and can dig up the information, thanks )
Oct 05, 2012, 10:03 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Doug, it's pretty much the same transmitter, except the left stick has throttle only. I have the Nano Micro Stick that uses the same transmitter. I have fairly large hands but I find it very comfortable to use, and I have flown the NMS up pretty high (no wind of course) and did not lose signal. And for a plane this small you will never get it very far away from you anyway.

Anyway, Parkzone may have DSM2, but they have yet to make a micro WW1/historic biplane, so now both Flyzone and Ares are ahead of them in this regard.
Oct 07, 2012, 07:32 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent
Anyway, Parkzone may have DSM2, but they have yet to make a micro WW1/historic biplane, so now both Flyzone and Ares are ahead of them in this regard.
Yup, a mini Nieuport or a Spad would be nice!

And thanks for the info on the Nano-Micro transmitter. The FlyZone transmitter is not a complete waste. However, there are better 3 and 4 channel transmitters for micros, similar to what Cox if furnishing with some of their small planes. Once you get used to a DX6i, however, you are spoiled completely. HH just replaced my original DX6i DSM2 with a new DX6i DSMX, after the first one shorted out and almost burst into flames! . Let us know if you get your hands on a Nano-Micro Tiger Moth 75 this November. I hope Hobby Town in South Charlotte, NC will get one or two next month.

RD
Oct 23, 2012, 10:11 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Here is more info from the Ares web site. It has a servo-controlled elevator but an actuator-controlled rudder. http://ares-rc.com/tigermoth75nanomicro.html
Oct 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent
Here is more info from the Ares web site.
Thanks for the update. I'm eye-balling ParkZone's upcoming mini-micro Vapor, also due out in November. As I already have a Pico Tiger Moth, I am favoring the Ares Nano-Micro. My Moth needs a little brother!

RD
Oct 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
Parkstormer!
Subscribed.
Oct 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
Subscribed.
Welcome to what I hope will be an instructional thread!

RD
Nov 07, 2012, 09:15 AM
Any idea on how much they will be when they are released?
Nov 12, 2012, 03:21 PM
Vintage Nut
I hope this reaches the UK soon in one guise or another! The set-up looks capable of operating 1/32 scale WW1 fighters.
Last edited by Welsh Dave; Nov 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
Nov 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
a little kid at heart
subscribed
Nov 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
RTF only for now!!!
I was on the phone with the Gainesville, FL HobbyTown today for another matter and asked about the Tiger Moth. They looked up the price for me, here it is:

RTF - 79.99
Without tx - 64.99 (but includes battery and separate charger)
Nov 14, 2012, 08:43 PM
Elfi Flyer
Thread OP
Thanks for the update. Hopefully, the plane will be available by month's end.

RD
Nov 14, 2012, 11:44 PM
semper mitis
subscribed
Nov 17, 2012, 07:56 AM
I want one to fly in the gym but not good at the waiting part

Quick Reply