Oct 02, 2012, 06:46 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
At least its easy to return item purchased from Amazon.Plus a different vendor may have the the bird that will match your extra batteries.I have had good luck with Tmart on the East coast.
I just received two Red/White BNFs from Tmart. They have the old style battery connector. Took 10 days to get here. I'm in West Bloomfield, MI.

Only had time for a quick test, but both birds fly OK after a bit of tuning.

PS. They both have the new flybar, but I ordered a spare flybar and the one I got is the old one.

Owen
Last edited by nagromnewo; Oct 02, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2012, 06:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Hey Stonecutter, Did you get that bird flying right yet or are you still having problems?
I managed to revive my original dead board by replacing the crystal (a hunch from my experience breaking and repairing v911's, w/ help from folks here), your board still is a mystery, maybe the crystal also, because the led is not steady anymore, but I get servo response, go figure.

The bird w/ fixed original board flies pretty good, the servos still not as fast-reacting as the v911, but plenty good for my purpose & skills. I tried short flybar w/ msr paddles, reduced porpoising but got the pendulum instead. I look at the Helios as a fruitful platform for experimentation, I will probably never get it to fly as well as my best v911, but I don't regret buying it.
Oct 02, 2012, 06:57 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
I managed to revive my original dead board by replacing the crystal (a hunch from my experience breaking and repairing v911's, w/ help from folks here), your board still is a mystery, maybe the crystal also, because the led is not steady anymore, but I get servo response, go figure.

The bird w/ fixed original board flies pretty good, the servos still not as fast-reacting as the v911, but plenty good for my purpose & skills. I tried short flybar w/ msr paddles, reduced porpoising but got the pendulum instead. I look at the Helios as a fruitful platform for experimentation, I will probably never get it to fly as well as my best v911, but I don't regret buying it.
I don't regret buying it, The H100 was a gamble from the beginning. Learned a few things along the way. It is in pieces now spread out over a couple of copters I needed parts for. No waste. Even mounted the canopy on one of my 911s. I cut it down though as it seemed be be nose heavy. I like the carbon fiber shaft though. Real smooth on my V911. Glad that board and TX worked out for you. Did you ever get parts yet?
I just got my V911 board they promised me on my original problem. Thinking I have enough parts laying around - might put another one together

Just checked out your video - almost the same issues I had with it. Does not fly right to me, just my opinion though as others sure seem to like it. I am happy for them.
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 02, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Oct 02, 2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
I just received two Red/White BNFs from Tmart. They have the old style battery connector. Took 10 days to get here. I'm in West Bloomfield, MI.

Only had time for a quick test, but both birds fly OK after a bit of tuning.

PS. They both have the new flybar, but I ordered a spare flybar and the one I got is the old one.

Owen
Yea mine took a couple of extra days also - usually get them in 5 days or less. It seemed that DHL had it for quite some time.
Maybe us southeastern Michiganders ought to get together sometime and scare some dragonflies
I really like my Red and white - did not require any buckle adjustments as of yet (had a little breeze this evening so hard to figure out for sure).
Oct 02, 2012, 07:03 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdpl686 View Post
I just received my Y911 and have a weird problem.
While mechanically trimming and testing it; it does not bind normally with my 9x.
Doing the conventional procedure (install heli battery then turn 9x while pressing bind button, then turn off everything. Turn on heli then 9x) It does not bind.
I have to place battery in heli, turn 9x pressing button, then turn off 9x and finally turn on 9x to get it bound. This is every time I remove battery (either manually or crash).
Another thing I notice, once getting bound, servos make noises and are twitching until moving aileron or elevator, from there, everything is fine.
I tried original Tx and it bound without problems and kept it when removing battery and turning Tx off. The problem is only with the 9x.
Any ideas?
With the 9x I turn it on with bind button pressed, after i flip on the switch i let go of bind button, Then I plug in bat to v911, after it initializes, then i flip the power switch off and on again on 9x, and it is bound.
Oct 02, 2012, 07:05 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVA View Post
Okay Gents,

It is time for me to make the plunge on V911.

Best source? banggood

Parts Source?banggood

Can I bind it to my DSM2 Module on my JR9303 Transmitter?no

Thank you,

Martin
Here you go.
Oct 02, 2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000
With the 9x I turn it on with bind button pressed, after i flip on the switch i let go of bind button, Then I plug in bat to v911, after it initializes, then i flip the power switch off and on again on 9x, and it is bound.
Be carefull as sometimes the copter will spin up if you turn on the 9x after you put the battery in the copter. Had one almost take my head off messing around with the 9x (well not literately but figuratively) - woke me though .
Oct 02, 2012, 07:18 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
[QUOTE=Makdaddy;22894733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
You should see a download buttton on the upper right corner of the page.
i do but i get a bunch of lines of cumputer symbols when i open it
thanks
Oct 02, 2012, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=tonytester;22897175]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post

i do but i get a bunch of lines of cumputer symbols when i open it
thanks
There is a drop down that says download as zip. Unzip to a folder.
You have to have the program eepe to view the file. Do not use notepad.
Are you using the smartieparts board and updating the firmware to ER9x?
If you are not, this file will do you no good. I have some settings I used using stock firmware - just click on my name.
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 02, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Oct 02, 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000
Do you have to do it every time?
Oct 02, 2012, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=Makdaddy;22897736]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester

There is a drop down that says download as zip. Unzip to a folder.
You have to have the program eepe to view the file. Do not use notepad.
Are you using the smartieparts board and updating the firmware to ER9x?
If you are not, this file will do you no good. I have some settings I used using stock firmware - just click on my name.
I just uploaded the spredsheet with settings for 9x stock firmware.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkyg9bxidhmo6el/IgglM08h07?m
Oct 03, 2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
So, my V911 arrived in the mail just now and while im really excited to fly it, I found something to my great disappointment. My batteries and battery receptacle are the "updated" connectors. (Small, white blocks at the end of the battery) not the traditional V911 battery connection.

This means, the 150mAh batteries I just ordered are absolutely USELESS, and in searching for more batteries that fit the new receptacle, I couldn't find anything. Im pretty bummed out about it.

Does anyone else have the "updated" battery contacts? If so, have you found anywhere to buy additional batteries?

I mean, I suppose I could return the helicopter and try to purchase one from a different source. But that is such a hassle. Im already going to have to return the batteries as it is right now and wait for a refund.

What would you guys recommend?
You could mount an old style skid?
Oct 03, 2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdpl686 View Post
Do you have to do it every time?
With the Yellow or the White, Yes!
You will have the same with the v939 quad. Call it "bug" or "security feature"
Oct 03, 2012, 05:22 AM
Hi, look at this! Sometimes things are to easy to see
I unscrewed landing skid to look if i can mount it a bit forward. There is a little piece of plastic to stop the battery! It is glued so you are able to easily take it away! Than just desolder cables and solder it changed back on! Now you're able to put the battery from the nose! Look at my pictures please! No more extra weight, canopy can be mounted a bit more to the back so it looks more scale! It flys wonderful!!!! Now I'm completely happy
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1349259639098.jpg
Views: 115
Size: 40.9 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1349259653795.jpg
Views: 98
Size: 46.3 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1349259670437.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 44.1 KB
Description:
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1349259686139.jpg
Views: 89
Size: 20.8 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1349259704566.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 47.9 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1349259719854.jpg
Views: 96
Size: 38.9 KB
Description:
Last edited by Cyrus85; Oct 04, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
Oct 03, 2012, 06:02 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!

I improved upper head again.

I changed the ratio of the bell-lever.
So She can fly better than before.
See my video,She has four blades.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDU3MzA1NzI4.html

Quick Reply