Sep 28, 2012, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Phoenix Sim: T-28 Trojan color scheme

Anyone ever heard of a method to change the color-scheme of aircraft, specifically the T-28 Trojan, in the Phoenix sim?

Phoenix's default for the T-28 Trojan is the blue-grey-black color scheme, and since I am going to buy the red-white-black color scheme it'd be pretty cool to change it in the sim-software.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg33
Anyone ever heard of a method to change the color-scheme of aircraft, specifically the T-28 Trojan, in the Phoenix sim?

Phoenix's default for the T-28 Trojan is the blue-grey-black color scheme, and since I am going to buy the red-white-black color scheme it'd be pretty cool to change it in the sim-software.
Hi,

Check my post for the red-white-black color scheme here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1751

Cheers!
Sep 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
And then I should...
Oct 01, 2012, 10:40 PM
Thread OP
Hold the phone...

I checked out your .BMP file and then fumbled around in PhoenixCreator so I think I have a fair feel at how much work you put in (unless I'm not seeing things correctly). Granted, I would luv to change my Phoenix T-28 color scheme but not bad enough to have to put time in as a graphics artist to do what you did. And by chance if I'm completely missing the simplicity of how to accomplish the aforemention result, please do share.

If someone has a method to share with me their hard work on taking what you did and just placing a given file(s) into the appropriate PhoenixRC folder, it would be greatly appreciated. Else I think I'm good flying the grey-black version. Thx
Oct 01, 2012, 11:53 PM
I put mine in c: programs 86/Phoenix/objects/fixed wing/electric/t-28. Folder or somewhere in that gen vicinity since I'm not looking at my pc and it worked perfect I'm back in love with the 28 on the sim now if I could figure the settings to make it a micro lol
Oct 02, 2012, 01:52 AM
Thread OP
Can you be more specific in what you're trying to tell me.

What exact file, FILENAME.EXT, are you saying to copy into folder ../objects/fixed wing/electric/t-28?

The closest similarly named folder I found on my PC is:
..:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\objects\aircraft\fixedWi ng\Electric\parkzoneT28

Thx
Oct 02, 2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg33
Can you be more specific in what you're trying to tell me.

What exact file, FILENAME.EXT, are you saying to copy into folder ../objects/fixed wing/electric/t-28?

The closest similarly named folder I found on my PC is:
..:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\objects\aircraft\fixedWi ng\Electric\parkzoneT28

Thx
Please check this Thread for more schemes/info etc. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1045667

To use my T-28 scheme, you can unzip the file(s) into your schemes folder, eg ..\Documents\PhoenixRC\Schemes\
Or in the folder you mentioned above ..:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\objects\aircraft\fixedWi ng\Electric\parkzoneT28
Start the sim, load the model and switch to my scheme "Navy".

So you don't have to do anything with Creator, the schemes posted are ready to use.
Oct 03, 2012, 12:55 PM
Thread OP
Got it! Thanks a bunch.
Apr 05, 2014, 06:57 PM
rc user
i'm surprised more people haven't commented on this.
The Navy colors look great. I just followed the instructions above and had no problems.
Thanks so much for the effort!
May 26, 2014, 05:51 PM
The Future is Gnar

Perfect

Installed as described.

Works awesome and looks great.

Thanks.

Quick Reply