Sep 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Try turning your I on the yaw down and see if that decreases the problem. Because that is where you need to look.
The yaw is not stablized, such as the pitch and roll!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
Something that is easily looked over looked that I had dialed into my radio once:

I had my radio set for vtail and it was still flying but doing some weird crap because my corrections were commanding yaw and ail mixed. Other mixes could cause similar problems so check into that too. Doc will get you taken care of but I hadn't seen that mentioned yet so give it a look.

KFM
Sep 22, 2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum961
Something that is easily looked over looked that I had dialed into my radio once:

I had my radio set for vtail and it was still flying but doing some weird crap because my corrections were commanding yaw and ail mixed. Other mixes could cause similar problems so check into that too. Doc will get you taken care of but I hadn't seen that mentioned yet so give it a look.

KFM
Drumbum961:

Thanks for posting the point!!!!!!!
I allways assume that these simple things have already been checked two and three times. But, you are so right! He could have something turn on in the radio that could cause and weird response from the Quadrino.

It has been kind of silent around here in the past weeks.
Oh damm, that makes me sound lonely. LOL!

Remember guys, you really want to get ready for tomorrows WEBex disscusion time.
All those that are having issues.
Make sure you have the latest firmware (2.1) and Arduino (1.1).
It will make it easier to get you taken care of and move on to the next subject.
I have a feeling we are going to see that new GPS module, which is built for the Quadrino, with a 20 hz cycle time which means it talks to you board faster and more often to give you a more accurate position.
I know most of you are iching for one. Well guess what, so am I!

Well guys, back to working on some of my projects.
Sep 22, 2012, 07:57 PM
Guys I've been toying around the the I2c expansion board.

It works.... An added bonus! The mounting holes almost perfectly line up with the stand offs on the board. I say almost because you need to file about 1 mil from each hole on the expansion to not stress the boards.

Some pics

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1348361827931.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 148.8 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1348361809188.jpg
Views: 91
Size: 99.7 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1348361785042.jpg
Views: 85
Size: 161.1 KB
Description:
Sep 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93

It works.... An added bonus! The mounting holes almost perfectly line up with the stand offs on the board. I say almost because you need to file about 1 mil from each hole on the expansion to not stress the boards.

Some pics

Attachment 5176656Attachment 5176654Attachment 5176653
Cool but you going to need shorter standoff's
Sep 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
I'm more than likely going to mount it under the board. But I do have to sort the stand off question.
Sep 22, 2012, 08:51 PM
Here is the eBay link where I purchased it. It took about a month to arrive down here from Hong Kong if you're interested.
Sep 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Sorry I'll share the link tomorrow on the meeting. Can't paste in tapytalk.....
Sep 22, 2012, 08:54 PM
Just search eBay for sandboxelectronics .com
Sep 23, 2012, 02:27 AM
Hey Guys,

What is the latest version of the Quadrino Board. I am looking at HoverThings.com and they say that they sell board 3.1 -- RCDude sells 2.0 .. both say in the picture REV 1E ... so what is the actual latest board version? RCDude is $150 while HoverThings is $145..
Sep 23, 2012, 02:38 AM
There is the 1C , 1D and 1E boards.
The 1E boards have EZ-connect plurgs and wires on it!
There is a new gyro on some of the 1E.
It is no better that the gyro that is on the others.
But what it has as an advantage at this time is it does two jobs.
The boards with the new Gyro has no ACC chip on them because the new gyro does both jobs.
But the is no real version 2 - 1000.
Maybe thay see it as RC Dude carried the Quadrino basic and the zoom!
Could his thought process be that the zoom which has more features, would be two time better than a Naza. Hahahahahaha!
Okay that was a joke.
I just watched some one do the Naza dance for GPS calibration.
it was so funny he did it like three time before he got it straight.
Sep 23, 2012, 02:49 AM
Thanks DA!
Sep 23, 2012, 02:51 AM
Np.
Sep 23, 2012, 07:53 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93

Some pics

Attachment 5176656Attachment 5176654Attachment 5176653
Nice, mines on the way. Glad it works.
Sep 23, 2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
There is the 1C , 1D and 1E boards.
The 1E boards have EZ-connect plurgs and wires on it!
There is a new gyro on some of the 1E.
It is no better that the gyro that is on the others.
But what it has as an advantage at this time is it does two jobs.
The boards with the new Gyro has no ACC chip on them because the new gyro does both jobs.
But the is no real version 2 - 1000.
Maybe thay see it as RC Dude carried the Quadrino basic and the zoom!
Could his thought process be that the zoom which has more features, would be two time better than a Naza. Hahahahahaha!
Okay that was a joke.
I just watched some one do the Naza dance for GPS calibration.
it was so funny he did it like three time before he got it straight.
Is there a new sketch in the works that will take advantage of this new chip, and possibly enhance its capabilities?

Quick Reply