Sep 20, 2012, 05:56 AM
Southern Pride
post 4609 snip

Quote:
OK, I flew it...right now wishin' I hadn't bought it The tail servo, upon spool up (yes, on the ground, not in my hands) will NOT operate because of the immense vibrations. When I get to 3/4 stick it will lift off and start to pirouette like mad, with no tail control AND the gear has slipped so even if I had tail control, it would still spin like crazy
post 4615

Quote:
The first two flights were really nice! Now...

One post sounds like it never was flyable then a follow up reads like it flew fine twice and then developed issues.

The tail boom not being fully inserted or being lose and backing out is a well known issue as well as many other issues.

With HH / E flite /Blade aircraft one can either look at them as a ARTF that
(only ?) needs a complete going over and deal with it ,

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4611

which may take two months which is a very long time to have $300 invested in a useable product.

The first post of this thread has a lot of great info.

FWIW

I have had mine for two months. I spent 5 hours going over it before the first flight. After 10 flights I added a thrust washer to preload the tail shaft bearings.

I have 129 flights on mine. Right cyclic servo failed at flight #62, I replaced A gear with metal one after 40 flights, 100 + flights I crashed and split tail boom and bent TT,repair cost approx. $12 which is nothing compared to repairing a Blade 400 and the 130 X flys better IMO.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 20, 2012 at 06:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
Finally got a chance to call HH. Tail shafts r out of stock till the 27th...they're sending a new tail shaft, bearings, gears and a tail pitch slider...the tail shaft will come in later :-( about the same time as my nano cpx...
Sep 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Just got my lightweight Hyp 500 35c Babbelbatt to test.

Weight w/Velcro is 26.50g, and the dimensions are 12 x 24.5 x 44. It just finished charging. Unfortunately, the wind is up to 13-24 MPH. Has anyone on here tried to fly the 130X in a 25 MPH wind?

Joel
I have.... 20+ mph winds is no match for the HP08 along with the Hyperion 500 haha. You will be surprise how well the 130x flies in wind.
Sep 20, 2012, 09:52 PM
34 years of flight.
Stock 130X does well in wind, lot better then the MCPX it always knew the wind was there the 130X I compare more to the 450 fbl I do not mind the wind.
Sep 20, 2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
Stock 130X does well in wind, lot better then the MCPX it always knew the wind was there the 130X I compare more to the 450 fbl I do not mind the wind.
130x handles the wind better than 450 3D (flybarred), and close to 300x and 450x. Blade FBL control systems work very well in wind, gives more confidence. Larger heli's or faster blade speeds will be more stable in wind (stating the obvious I guess). MCPX actually does pretty well in wind, considering its light weight and motor driven tail
Sep 21, 2012, 07:49 AM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonjams
130x handles the wind better than 450 3D (flybarred), and close to 300x and 450x. Blade FBL control systems work very well in wind, gives more confidence. Larger heli's or faster blade speeds will be more stable in wind (stating the obvious I guess). MCPX actually does pretty well in wind, considering its light weight and motor driven tail
I flew my mcpx in wind all time was just saying it knew it was there the 130x fly like a larger heli you do not even notice the wind with it. My zyx b450 does fly better then my old b450
High hs and fbl does help
Joel, nice flying spot you have looks slike quite a back yard big enough for lots of things wish my current yard was bigger
Sep 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
Boost rules!
I have flown my 130X in 10-15 MPH winds, and it did just fine. However, 25 MPH is a substantial increase. I was just wondering if anyone had tried flying in winds that strong with the stock motor.

Got a few flights in with the Hyp 500 VX pack. I love it! Lots of punch, even though it's only on the third cycle. Definitely more punch & a lot less bog at max collective than my Hyp 450 25c packs. I think I can tell that it's heavier than my TP 325s when doing flips & such - but that could have just been my flying! The Hyp 500 is my new favorite for general use. I'll still pop in a TP 325 when I practice aerobatics though.

Today, I'm heading up to my hometown on Lake of the Woods for a week or so to do some walleye fishing with my brother & to do some flying with a friend of mine who built a flying field this summer. It started out as a pair of crossed 500' runways, but he has now extended the N-S runway to 1000'! (He's also building a full-scale runway & a full-service A&P shop.) I'm bringing the keychain cam & my 3CCD camcorder w/gyrostabilized lens. We'll be flying helis & fixed-wing. If I get any decent video, I'll post-up.

Epowered - we meet again! BTW - thanks for the sub on my YouTube channel! Yes, I love my yard! It's the first time I've ever had a yard large enough from which to fly anything larger than an mSR or Vapor. BTW - you're only seeing my backyard in the video. Off to the left (north), I have an open yard that's approximately 330' x 160'. I can fly both yards from one spot (not from the deck, though). I often fly a 2-dimensional L-shaped circuit from that spot with my fixed-wing UMs. That way, one circuit is about a 1/3-mile or so in circumference. It feels like I'm actually flying somewhere, and maneuvering between the trees & my ham radio antenna keeps things interesting. I find that to be much more fun that simply 'flying the pattern' at the club field. When I get a bit more comfortable with the 300X, I plan to do the same with it. Aught to be great for big-air maneuvers, which is also my favorite fixed-wing flying style.

Yeah, the mCP X definitely knows when it's windy! Almost lost my brushless mCP X a few times due to a combination of extreme translational lift & the inability make headway. I bailed & hit TH before the wind took the bird into my woods.

Joel
Sep 21, 2012, 12:24 PM
Thread OP
Anyone able to log on to helifreak?
Sep 21, 2012, 12:34 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno
Anyone able to log on to helifreak?
Not in the past 24 hours or so..
Sep 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
Not in the past 24 hours or so..
I'm having withdrawals..lol
Sep 21, 2012, 12:48 PM
Team CJ Youngblood
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno
I'm having withdrawals..lol
It works fine for me on my computer. On my phone it doesn't
Sep 21, 2012, 12:48 PM
Yeah, what's up? I got on here to see if anyone knew anything.
Sep 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony7820
It works fine for me on my computer. On my phone it doesn't
Really? Hmm! Maybe I will try restarting my computer and clearing my cookies.
Sep 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
That didn't work.
Sep 21, 2012, 01:27 PM
Haven't been able to get on since yesterday afternoon.

Quick Reply