Sep 20, 2012, 09:40 PM
Custom quad builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite
+1

I installed KK2 boards on 2 quads using this gyro tape from Esprit Models:

http://www.espritmodel.com/esprit-gyro-tape.aspx

I cut 2 pieces to run the width of the board, which gives nearly 100% coverage. Both boards feel as if they are solid mounted to the frame, but the foam dampens higher frequency vibration. The only down side to this product: it is very difficult to remove and clean everything once it is stuck. This could have to do with my 100% coverage, but I have not experimented with lower coverage because both quads turned out to be extremely stable. I even have altitude damping working decent on quad #2.

Kev
You have got quite a lot on that DJI nice
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
Dixie Normious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd
Have you tried a factory reset and reflash of 1.2 yet.

I flashed mine for my Tricopter to 1.2 and set main PI values to same as I had on V1 and my Tricopter flies exactly the same, with Autolevel on (left them as default) flies great, with Autolevel off its just as aerobatic as before.

It has not done weird things or drifted with V1 or V1.2
No i havent, but im at a stand still now!! waiting on my New DJI450 from UAV Products.

Once i get her rebuilt, ill factory reset and see how it is.

I love this this board, coming from a HKv2 that had a wondering YAW. this board rocks.

When it does AL correctly, its freaking nice!!

AdamChicago I've been using Double sided foam tape on my KK's from day one.

But this time with the 450, i decided to try the foam casing it comes in. Works great.

You can use the DBL tape to stick the foam case to the frame. Then add some hot glue on your board and press it in gently. try to get it as level as possible.
I then added a little dab on each corner.
Sep 21, 2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter
Dont Jump to such wrong conclusions....
the gyro direction can easily be reversed by going to mixer editor as stated above but ..
on a tri physically reversing the gyro will do the trick but if the gyro compensation
is wrong on a quad then what would one do...
cant expect KK to have skipped that thought...
we know we can't expect every newcomer to read the whole thread... its a long thread but
just reading the first page would have solved this problem...
Thanks for putting me right... I learn more every day...
A question however.. with the tricopter selected from the board, everything should have been programmed correctly, so why would the gyro need reversing
Sep 21, 2012, 04:36 AM
AVR Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
A question however.. with the tricopter selected from the board, everything should have been programmed correctly, so why would the gyro need reversing
There is no standard for which way the servo tilts the yaw motor. It's a 50/50 chance due to the direction the servo moves, how and where the servo is mounted and how it is mechanically coupled to the motor mount.
Sep 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78
No i havent, but im at a stand still now!! waiting on my New DJI450 from UAV Products.

Once i get her rebuilt, ill factory reset and see how it is.

I love this this board, coming from a HKv2 that had a wondering YAW. this board rocks.

When it does AL correctly, its freaking nice!!

AdamChicago I've been using Double sided foam tape on my KK's from day one.

But this time with the 450, i decided to try the foam casing it comes in. Works great.

You can use the DBL tape to stick the foam case to the frame. Then add some hot glue on your board and press it in gently. try to get it as level as possible.
I then added a little dab on each corner.
My quad looks just like yours after I lost orientation except I just broke one red arm but in the exact same spot. I epoxied it back then let some gorilla glue fill the triangle areas at the end and it seems to be okay now. I ordered another airframe and a red arm to replace it and to have spare parts.

Auto level would have saved me but when I turn it on, the quad goes slightly forward and the right so is tilting the quad back and the left during a sensor recalibration the normal way to fix it? Also I have never calibrated it out of the box so should I try just calibrating it on a level surface first? I'm a noob to quads but not to airplanes and helicopters
Sep 21, 2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis
There is no standard for which way the servo tilts the yaw motor. It's a 50/50 chance due to the direction the servo moves, how and where the servo is mounted and how it is mechanically coupled to the motor mount.
I was forgetting the gyro on the board will also control the direction of servo movement, and its not purely your rudder inputs.. so although the rudder control might be ok , the gyro might send it the wrong way, or not, depending on your linkage setup..
gets fair confusing thanks
Sep 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago
Being new to multi-rotors I was afraid that wouldn't hold it well enough...keeping in mind that's what keeps it flying. But if that's what most people do that'll work for me:

Thank you!!!!
Yeah It works!! look at what I have Done....I have NOT mounted the board with just the corners of the board resting on the double sided tape...
I have made a complete bed of single layered double sided tape.....
so the area of contact with the board increases so naturally the strength of the bond increases..
As a matter of fact my tri..weighs almost 1.3 kg AUW..
And the bond is so strong that I can lift the copter by holding just the kk2 board on its sides and it does not come undone..I'll try and post pics to reduce my blabbering..
Sep 21, 2012, 10:35 AM
Dixie Normious
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft
My quad looks just like yours after I lost orientation except I just broke one red arm but in the exact same spot. I epoxied it back then let some gorilla glue fill the triangle areas at the end and it seems to be okay now. I ordered another airframe and a red arm to replace it and to have spare parts.

Auto level would have saved me but when I turn it on, the quad goes slightly forward and the right so is tilting the quad back and the left during a sensor recalibration the normal way to fix it? Also I have never calibrated it out of the box so should I try just calibrating it on a level surface first? I'm a noob to quads but not to airplanes and helicopters
yea if she wants to go in a certain direction, while calibrating the sensors add shims of some sorts, i used paper and kept adding it till the Board was level.
Use a small bubble level.

But with FW1.2 it has ACC trim feature. (pitch and roll) which is "supposed" to be able to trim the AL out, so no need to recalibrate with the KK level.
But im having issues with the AL feature period...

I just got refunded my $ from UAV Products

I sent them a email last night, wondering if my order has been shipped as its has been a few days.
Wake up this am, and noticed i have gotten a pal pay refund!

Contacted Robert asking why i got refunded? seems there having issues with Int orders.

Quote"
"USPS and customs with us is screwed up. For some reason they have us locked on international shipping AGAIN"

Im bummed! ZGot to shop for DJI replacement arms again...
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Sep 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Sep 21, 2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
Thanks for putting me right... I learn more every day...
Only the motor layout is specified...but the way a servo should be placed on the tail mechanism has not been specified...hence the problem of gyro direction reversing on a tri...
but on a copter not requiring this servo mechanism...following the motor layout wont create such a problem of wrong gyro compensation...
but ...
just some days ago I was in a very funny situation when I connected all the motors on my quad in the exact same way as shown in motor layout but the motor spin directions were completely opposite to the ones shown...
ignorant soldering I guess but...
the yaw gyro correction on this setup would lead to disastrous results so I toyed with the mixer editor values..I wont go In a lot of details..as to how I did it... I had to change the rudder mix for all the four motors... but it worked quite well..
so just for some very rare coincidences occurring out there there can be a scenario where an individual..can end up in a situation where reversing the yaw gyro compensation on may be necessary....
Sep 21, 2012, 11:22 AM

Anyone knows how to fix a broken kk2 board?

The M1 port of the kk2 board seized to work. I'm able to provide power to the board though through the M1 terminal and able to operate M2 through M8, but when I attempt to turn on the M1 using the throttle stick, the motor does not spin. It seems that the M1 signal terminal is not working.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue, a broken circuit trace perhaps?
Sep 21, 2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
The M1 port of the kk2 board seized to work. I'm able to provide power to the through the M1 port and able to operate M2 through M8, but when I attempt to turn on the M1 using the throttle stick, the motor does not spin. It seems that the M1 signal terminal is not working.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue, a broken circuit trace perhaps?
I had the same problem - sadly. I;m not sure what caused it, but here's a fix that you can do:

1- Solder the power pins from M1 to M2 (as I think you've already done) so that the board gets power.
2- Change the mix settings to enable M8 (just copy the settings from M1); then take the cable you normally plug into M1 and plug it into M8;

It should work then.
Sep 21, 2012, 12:06 PM
So for Low Voltage Alarm i can just solder a cable to the hole in the board and on my Battery Solder Point?
Sep 21, 2012, 12:10 PM
Custom quad builder
Good ? I would like to know that to
Sep 21, 2012, 12:11 PM
I heard many people using their balance plug, but will the main battery wire work fine, too?
Sep 21, 2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcflyer444
So for Low Voltage Alarm i can just solder a cable to the hole in the board and on my Battery Solder Point?
Yes just that

Quick Reply