Sep 18, 2012, 02:24 PM
Team Drone Art
@RacingSOUL
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

@Rickster:
The 808#16 has the ability to enable video rotation and flip so you can flip the entire unit.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2012, 05:08 PM
GOT WINGS
RicksterRc, I mounted my 808(I think #3) camera without case or battery near the bottom of my skids on my 9958(sorry for cross posting, but you guys inspired me to try this experiment, and my V911 is in transit),lol. The buttons are easily accessible there. Hotwired the cam to the heli battery leads. 1st brief flight, the video is kind of shaky, need to stabilize the camera a little, but the heli flew surprisingly well
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
Sep 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
RicksterRc, I mounted my 808(I think #3) camera without case or battery near the bottom of my skids on my 9958(sorry for cross posting, but you guys inspired me to try this experiment, and my V911 is in transit),lol. The buttons are easily accessible there. Hotwired the cam to the heli battery leads. 1st brief flight, the video is kind of shaky, need to stabilize the camera a little, but the heli flew surprisingly well
Cool. I'll try one of mine without the battery.

The bottom of the skids probably vibrates a lot if there's any weight on it.
Others have found similarly poor results.

I was thinking that the least shaky point on the v911 is probably the battery itself.
Large mass at "center" of heli.

I think I'll try attaching to the battery mount and see how that goes.
Sep 18, 2012, 06:30 PM
GOT WINGS
Well, I flew it with the camera, got the shakiness out of the video, but had vertical waviness in it, and the camera shut down after about 30 seconds. Less than fair video. My 808#3 was not very good to begin with, maybe a #16 would work better. I did get a little over 4 minutes flight time though, and the 9958 handled fairly well. Got the camera weight down to 6.2grams, Heli with camera and battery is 37.5grams. experiment failed, don't know if I'll try much more.
Sep 18, 2012, 07:22 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo

help help

now i really goofed up I reset my 9x to stock settings then i added a few of ztoons but now it won't boot up it says switch error , so iturned it off and flipped the throttle hold switch the other way it still won't go . still gt switch error.

can any one straighten me out.
thanks
tonytester
Sep 18, 2012, 07:31 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
now i really goofed up I reset my 9x to stock settings then i added a few of ztoons but now it won't boot up it says switch error , so iturned it off and flipped the throttle hold switch the other way it still won't go . still gt switch error.

can any one straighten me out.
thanks
tonytester
You need to put all of your switches back to the stock position, You can do this while radio is on, and when you flip the switch back it will load up.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
GOT WINGS
on the 9x, all of the toggle switches have to be pushed all the way up or all the way back, or you will get a switch error.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:08 PM

First time V911/4 channel heli owner/flyer

Wow! This little copter is amazing. I've never flown 4 channel before. I was coming from an s107g and was expecting that I would have tons of issues. Man, was I wrong! My first two flights couldn't have been any smoother. Yes, I crashed a lot. I mean A LOT! But after trimming a bunch on the remote (I still can't quite wrap my mind around the mechanical trimming), I got it to hover very well. I even zoomed around the room a bit... Well kinda. My noobie-ness didn't let me go too fast in my tiny garage.

Now, my question is this: Does anyone else's heli make a laughing kind of sound (like a cartoon hyena) while flying? Is this normal? I'm not overly concerned, but it's eerie.

Ais the battery supposed to be so difficult to put in and take out? I understand you don't want it to fall out during flight or as you crash, but it's rough.

Charging for one more flight tonight. It's stellar having 2 batteries.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:41 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Hi elkabong80!!!

Welcome to the V911 club!

Yes, the batteries can be a pain to pull in and out. The plastic of the skids is sometimes molded slightly off, I think.

The laughing sound is a little odd though. Can you post a video? Mine certainly doesn't sound like you describe...
Sep 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to hear its not just me on the battery thing. As soon as I can figure out how to post a video (this is actually my first time joining/posting to a forum for ANYTHING), I will do so.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
If you're crashing a lot, you might want to order some replacement parts (e.g. landing skids, batteries, flybars) as they take a long time to reach you. You wouldn't want downtime, right?

Alternatively, get a BNF instead. The yellow V911 has a tougher land skid.
Sep 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
If you're crashing a lot, you might want to order some replacement parts (e.g. landing skids, batteries, flybars) as they take a long time to reach you. You wouldn't want downtime, right?

If he is in the states,he can part in few days,Amazon,Tmart,and Ebay.I have had good luck with Tmart,good price,and free shipping.My orders from east coast to California are 4 days.
Sep 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
If he is in the states,he can part in few days,Amazon,Tmart,and Ebay.I have had good luck with Tmart,good price,and free shipping.My orders from east coast to California are 4 days.
I'm in upstate NY, so I'll check out these vendors. I got this little bugger off Amazon and got one day shipping! I'm gonna see what they have for parts as soon as I can trim this bad boy out. Thanks for the info!

To update a prior post: The noise I am hearing seems to be air displacing in an oscillating, high pitch whine. I figured out the video thing, but can't make it make the sound while filming. lack of coordination!
Sep 18, 2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I'm in upstate NY, so I'll check out these vendors. I got this little bugger off Amazon and got one day shipping! I'm gonna see what they have for parts as soon as I can trim this bad boy out. Thanks for the info!

To update a prior post: The noise I am hearing seems to be air displacing in an oscillating, high pitch whine. I figured out the video thing, but can't make it make the sound while filming. lack of coordination!
Tmart.com is in N.J. so you shipping time would be good plus there prices are better then Amazon.I sound like a Tmart employee.They have BNF V911 for $25,that would give you a spare bird.Skids and flybars are $2 a piece..These birds are a bit of chalnge to fly indoor at first.You can move the links to the short balls on the swash plate for more stability.Also check the pivot points and the flybar should be loose but not to loose.Make sure you have her on level spot before syncing with the controller.Enjoy!!
Last edited by Jasen40; Sep 18, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Sep 18, 2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Just the stock ones? Or are there different ones you would recommend? Are there longer lasting batteries that will work without modding?

Quote:
I haven't seen a yellow one. Is this new? I apologize if this has been brought up, but I haven't been able to make it through ALL 800+ pages.

Thanks for answering all my questions, guys. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply