Sep 17, 2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany
Yes, the tail motor of 9100 and 9116 are the same.

Update to exchange tail motors:
Today came my last 4 different N20ies. ALL of them were too weak to hold the tail.
My conclusion is now that I've tried 5 different manufacturers and different voltages that there is NO N20 motor replacement besides the original motor in that size.

I will not test the "longer" N20 versions that are used in F45, 9117 or similar sized helis. Don't want to throw money on that. This I leave as a job for another freak here.

-mike-
Hi Mike and all

I am back, had a long break due to work

did not fly my 9116 during break. It looks like start over again for me.

Talk to you soon

Bimal
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2012, 06:43 PM
HI, I've been flying the 9116 for a while now and I have had to change the tail a couple times but nothing else really, other than the stupid battery that I never really used. I got my tail units from focalprice for about $11 for 3 shipped, but it does take some time.
http://www.focalprice.com/YE630S/Dou...rs_Silver.html
Also I have read the last few pages and I saw some modded theirs to be much lighter and I like the idea but don't know if I will bother. I initially was using 850 and 900mah lipos but I could notice the difference and the 900 felt kind of sluggish so I got a couple 800mah lipos and if really does fly better the lighter it is it seems like.
Sep 17, 2012, 07:21 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
You guys got me all freaked out about tails so I ordered 10 tails and 10 main motors today. Someone's laughing at me!
Sep 17, 2012, 07:38 PM
The other mod I made besides the lipo batteries is get rid of that canopy screw to make changing batteries easier. My canopy cracked right where that screw is from a crash so I taped it and poked a small whole to fit over a little piece of tootpick that I glued where the screw goes. And my 800mah are a perfect fit after taping the battery tray that I can basically just wedge them in there good enough without needing a screwdriver to change my batteries.
Sep 17, 2012, 07:43 PM
Blue Skies

New Servos design?

I'm wondering if anyone has had problems installing a servo. I received mine over the weekend and installed it. The wires are out of the side rather than the back of the servo. It's impossible to install it the same way the old one came out because the wires block it from going in. I had to remove the side frame and install it from inside the frame. The wires are very close to the main shaft. It took an hour to install vs 5 mins for an old design servo. I bought it from egrandmart on eBay. Just wondering.
Sep 17, 2012, 08:10 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless
You guys got me all freaked out about tails so I ordered 10 tails and 10 main motors today. Someone's laughing at me!
Ordered 10 tails, too. Main motors still hold well - just one gave up yet of 8 9116 flying for 2 months.
Had to replace tail of every bird twice at least since.
-mike-
Sep 18, 2012, 09:35 AM

Don't panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany
Folks - buy 9100 tail units!
banggood is sold out - not listed anymore - other shops too!
this is the beginning of the end..
-mike-
Don't panic yet: I just ordered 4 units from Banggood this Sunday,9/16. Check their site again; at first I didn't find them either.
Sep 18, 2012, 09:40 AM

Purpose of D/R setting

Does anyone know the purpose of the D/R setting in the 9116 tx? It just seems to limit servo travel the same as the EPA setting and as we all know, the Chinglish manual is about useless in explaining anything.
Sep 18, 2012, 01:00 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer
Does anyone know the purpose of the D/R setting in the 9116 tx? It just seems to limit servo travel the same as the EPA setting and as we all know, the Chinglish manual is about useless in explaining anything.
It basically does just that, reduces the travel to make it easier to handle for new flyers. The difference is it is switchable from the QS dual rate swithch.
Sep 19, 2012, 06:25 AM

Battery question

Can using a battery with a higher C rating than stock in any way be injurious to the electronics on the pcb? I've noticed when pushing my helis hard the motors seem to heat up more quickly using a 20C rating battery vs the standard 10C rated one. Maybe this is a dumb question, but my knowledge of electronics is obviously limited!
Sep 19, 2012, 07:46 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer
Can using a battery with a higher C rating than stock in any way be injurious to the electronics on the pcb? I've noticed when pushing my helis hard the motors seem to heat up more quickly using a 20C rating battery vs the standard 10C rated one. Maybe this is a dumb question, but my knowledge of electronics is obviously limited!
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most of us run 20C batteries.
Yes, the motor will get hotter because you have more current and are making more power. The MOPS should protect the motor and PCB. The biggest cause of failure to the PCB is crashing. I'm sure I have at least 150 flights and only ever killed one PCB in a crash.
Sep 19, 2012, 12:16 PM
Blue Skies
I've asked this question from suppliers and sales people and they all have conflicting answers. Can anyone here definitively tell me which Xtreme Pro motors turn CW and which turn CCW? The A and B versions are used in coaxial helos and each turns the motors in different directions. But no one can tell me which one turns CW for a single blade helo. I'm getting ready to order one for my 9116 and already got a replacement one for my 120SR because the vendor sent me the wrong one. I don't want to have to wait for a replacement again.
Don
Sep 19, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hi Guys,
Just replaced my PCB. I got a DOA and instead of replacing it Banana Hobby sent me a replacement. After reading this thread I had already bought one and got it before BH could diagnose the problem. I saw earlier that some of you had epoxied some of the components and would like to see where you applied it. Could you please post some pics? I don't want to start flying it until I've implemented some precautions measures. Also I am very excited about being able to bind the TX to a v911 and v929. Hopefully Santa will be good to me this year and I'll be able to do some 4ch indoors once the snow starts to fly. Thanks again for all your awesome input!

Neil
Sep 19, 2012, 04:01 PM
Wow, the sky is clear

Dh 9116

I replaced my canopy on my DH9116 by DH9100 canopy, it has a beautiful look .....
Sep 20, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wow, the sky is clear

TAil motor

Hello guys
Is there among you who has you change the tail motor DH9116 for another motor other than that proposed by Double horse.
For example N60 or N20 Motor or N30?
And have you had good results?
Bye Gilles

Quick Reply