Sep 13, 2012, 06:54 AM
Blue Skies

Blade 120SR or mSRX or a CP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam94z28
oops, forgot to update my original post. TBE is still there, but it's not the common TBE I see on the blade micro heli's, where it will do a small circle all in one place. This does large circles, and will keep doing them even with input, And If I'm going forward, for example, and it gets to the point in the TBE where it would have been at the rear, It will stop going forward, even with forward input. My Blade 120SR does this too, and I just can't figure it out. My luck with heli's is not that good lately. I'm thinking about getting a flybarless fixed pitch (msr x), or small size CP heli (nano CP). Are there any good clones of those?
You've picked the right helo for no TBE for the most part with the V911. I don't know if you've modded your 120SR but I have some TBE on my 120SR if I outfit with larger batteries. The CG is sensitive and you've got to really secure the battery. IMHO I wouldn't recommend the mSRX. Had 1 and got rid of it. It's a screamer but nowhere near as durable as the V911. It was always down for repairs. No matter how tight I made the main motor holder (upgraded CF mainframe) it needed to have the pinion moved back with the slightest crash or even hard landing. It got expensive and I only got to fly it every now and then due to repairs.

If I get a CP it's got to have wires bigger than human hair and screws I can actually put in a hole with my fingers instead of tweezers or needle nose pliers. For me the CP decision is to find something durable with low cost good spare parts availability (in the US) and not so big that I have to find a field or join a club to fly. I really don't plan to fly 3D but I don't think they make a FP FBL in the larger size, light weight with 4 channels that can handle something more than lazy 8s or circuits. Until then, probably after too, the V911 fills that need to fly anytime.
Don
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2012, 06:58 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808
I don't have a modded transmitter. The moment I saw the file format it was obvious to me what it was for. That's why I didn't bother searching for the app to upload them to my un-modded tx.

As I said in my earlier post :
"Maybe someone else cares to share some sensible settings with us v1 9x owners? Not all of us have it modded you know?"

Does anyone have any actual settings that I can input, other than the post that's been mentioned umpteen times, that does nothing but screw my radio up? Perhaps those settings don't work on un-modded Tx's, I don't know. I know they don't work right on mine. And in more ways than I care to elaborate on here. lol

I only ask because a number of people rant about how they love their 9x, but don't share the settings when politely asked to, that's all. After this I'll stop bugging people to do so, because it must be some secret they want to keep, I don't know. LOL

I know I can do more than REV, SUBTRIM, and ENDPOINT on this awesome radio. I'd just love to know what all that is, The rest is foreign to me, despite the manual. Unfortunately I don't have hours to spend searching and googling for answers, so you guys are my best hope.
Hi MC808,
I use these settings from ztoon13 which are for the stock TX. Is this the one you said was posted multiple times? It works great for me. I increased the timer to 5 min 59 sec.

SYSTEM (TYPE MODE) HELI TYPE1 - (NAME) v911 Outdoor
REVERSE (ELE) REV
THR/CV
NOR L=0% 1=40% 2=65% 3=82% 4=90% // take-off position (full thr isn't necessary)
ID1 L=10% 1=30% 2=35% 3=67% H=100% // 'acro mode' (10% thr for fast descent, use with thr cutoff button in mind in case of crash, thr will stay at 10% with thr all the way down)
SUBTRIM (THR) -30%
E. POINT (AIL ELE RUD THR) 120% // 120% is real max end points
THR HOLD (STATE) ACT - (HLD POS) -30%
D/R EXP (AIL ELE RUD OFF) D/R=100 EXP=00 - (AIL ELE RUD ON) D/R=80 EXP=0
FAILSAFE (AIL ELE THR RUD) 000%
TIMER (STATE) ACT - (MIN) 4 - (SEC) 59 // TRN (back right trigger button) is used to start/stop 5min timer (chime start at 4).
Sep 13, 2012, 07:24 AM
Stop me before I build again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
I've given up on Banggood. My first order was on Aug7 and today is 1 month and 6 days out.
My order shipped quickly ( within 48 hours ), but after that all it says is "left flytexpress sorting facility" and the tracking number comes up blank on all other tracking sites.
Sep 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
can anyone suggest where i should place my oder from being in UK, need it quick as been waiting for over a month to have one.
Sep 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
My Corter Is Borken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy
Hi MC808,
I use these settings from ztoon13 which are for the stock TX. Is this the one you said was posted multiple times? It works great for me. I increased the timer to 5 min 59 sec.

SYSTEM (TYPE MODE) HELI TYPE1 - (NAME) v911 Outdoor
REVERSE (ELE) REV
THR/CV
NOR L=0% 1=40% 2=65% 3=82% 4=90% // take-off position (full thr isn't necessary)
ID1 L=10% 1=30% 2=35% 3=67% H=100% // 'acro mode' (10% thr for fast descent, use with thr cutoff button in mind in case of crash, thr will stay at 10% with thr all the way down)
SUBTRIM (THR) -30%
E. POINT (AIL ELE RUD THR) 120% // 120% is real max end points
THR HOLD (STATE) ACT - (HLD POS) -30%
D/R EXP (AIL ELE RUD OFF) D/R=100 EXP=00 - (AIL ELE RUD ON) D/R=80 EXP=0
FAILSAFE (AIL ELE THR RUD) 000%
TIMER (STATE) ACT - (MIN) 4 - (SEC) 59 // TRN (back right trigger button) is used to start/stop 5min timer (chime start at 4).
Thanks Makdaddy, but what good does some of it do?
Say:
THR/CV

and...
Why have DR set at 80% instead of 100%
and..
SUBTRIM at -30 gives me partial throttle. Do the other settings allow -30 to be enough? You yourself said you had to have it at -46 or something to stop the throttle.

...and isn't EXP supposed to smooth out stick movements? I see it used nowhere.

Forgive the noob questions, but I'm used to car 2ch radios.
Last edited by MC808; Sep 13, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Sep 13, 2012, 01:45 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble
A string of forward biased diodes in series.. Each diode drops the voltage by 0.6 volts. Ten diodes will drop 6.0 volts. The diodes have to be rated for the current they will have to carry. Test to see if you get the voltage you want, then put the string in heat shrink tubing.
Thanks, Ill look into that.
Sep 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
for the umteenth millionth time
can some one post alllllllllllll the 9x settings for the v911.
like n,id1,id2, not just some of them from the beginning each setting. what the $%^&*(()) is acro. .
I use -55 for no throttle.
whew I didn't know this would be such a problem. maybe it's because some of us are from Ohio.
tonytester
Sep 13, 2012, 03:43 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Paddles from the Helios definately make the V911 nicer to fly.

Had a little TBE but it was friction from the ball joints another light sanding of them and its gone.
Sep 13, 2012, 04:40 PM
Blue Skies

tony testy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
like n,id1,id2, not just some of them from the beginning each setting. what the $%^&*(()) is acro. .
whew I didn't know this would be such a problem. maybe it's because some of us are from Ohio.
tonytester
Sorry Tony. Gettin a little testy, eh? I'd help but I use the stock TX. It's all I got.
Sep 13, 2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Paddles from the Helios definately make the V911 nicer to fly.

Had a little TBE but it was friction from the ball joints another light sanding of them and its gone.
Can't wait to compare them to my original mod. Are you running with the stock weights in the paddles or with them removed?
Sep 13, 2012, 04:52 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Can't wait to compare them to my original mod. Are you running with the stock weights in the paddles or with them removed?
The msr paddles perform way better IMO (at least indoors), more agile and responsive. Haven't tried with weights off though, might do that eventually, since I doubt I will send back the Helios package to BG. BTW, Makdaddy has graciously offered to give me his tx and pcb, so there's hope I'll get the Helios in the air soon.
Sep 13, 2012, 07:10 PM
My Corter Is Borken
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
tonytester
LOL Us Buckeyes don't deserve all the 9x settings.
Sep 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808
LOL Us Buckeyes don't deserve all the 9x settings.
Nope, you goof ball Ohioans deserve a smack in the face!

Oh wait........... That's me too.
Sep 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
My V911 finally came after 38 days from aliexpress. O god it was a horrible wait. I wish I had ordered from the US.

I have had it about 3 days now and man its definetly worth every dollar. I am having a ton of fun with it. I crash it a billion times even into trees and no problem. yet.

I decided against the CNC head after reading about it just being bling basicly. I have been searching this thread and its just massive so if anyone wants to give me any advice on some nice upgrades that will affect stability that would be awesome.

I defiantly need some more batteries so I ordered this combo with 2 batteries and the new fish eye swashplate and CF main shaft.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/V911-...600109979.html

I figured that will be a nice little upgrade and 4 batteries total will be fine for me for now.
Sep 13, 2012, 07:58 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21
Nope, you goof ball Ohioans deserve a smack in the face!

Oh wait........... That's me too.
maybe we could be alloted a few settings at a time so as not to overload our buckeye brains. Im really not upset it flies good for me with the stock tx but i bought the new 9x from hk just to think it would be cool. I love to fly(play) like its a real heli like precision flying not shooting back and forth all over the back yard like a humming bird on crack.
tonytester

Quick Reply