Sep 11, 2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for posting that Kuz. I'm currently changing the landing gear struts on my F4 so the AOA isn't so high.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
The Earth got in the way!
No problem Will. It was fun. I'll be doing the F-4 this winter for sure!!
Sep 11, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
I'm not the guy who has one for sale up there but there is a NIB available here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1729657
Thanks, but I had some questions for that guy as I bought the plane from him.
Sep 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
Thread OP
We did upwind diving passes this year with atleast 100 feet of flat and level before the radar gun.

I compared the flat and level downwind pass to the diving upwind pass and they were almost identical. It was safer to split s back straight over the runway than to sweep in flat and be pointing at the hanger or crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg
were diving passes allowed in this years speed event?
Sep 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
Thread OP
sure, no problem. the a-10 flew great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
Kevin, thanks for the breif time we spoke and your assistance on the flight of the Hog. I know that an event such as EJets will be great to hold at your new field, when you can find one, but my 2 cents is for a repeat at Darby Dan next year. I really hope that the turn out and monies raised from spectator gate fees and such can justify another Darby Dan replay for next year.
Sep 11, 2012, 07:11 PM
Thread OP
i will pm you if i can dig up his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Who was the guy that had the ESM PC-21 for sale? He said he lived in Ohio and was a cop. Does he belong to this site? Whats his name. I need to contact him.
Sep 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
Thanks Kevin!
Sep 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
Fly more Foam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park
Hi Guys

Left Monday morning 9am after 10 hour drive arrived 7pm in Ottawa - Billy got the Viper through border no problems with customs.

*** Must say I really really really had a great time this year ****
Thanks everyone !!! " Terry and the whole team who made this possible"

Didn't know I was part of the airshow on Sunday? I was first out after the sponsor pilots noon time show but I got a big round of applause for flying my Phase 3 F-16 solo I was having a blast doing some real fun hot-dogging - I was amazed this thing could do a rolling circle and five non stop tight loops that even got me dizzy I even did a scrap-n-go! yeeehaw!

Terry hope we didn't cause you too much trouble? We Canadain's caused an international incident by claiming the field in the name of Canada late on Sunday afternoon by planting our flag on the runway but we couldn't help ourselves.

It was a complete good time from Thurs-through-Sun and Paul, Rob and myself all flew our foamy's together with no one else to finish up around 3pm Sunday.

PS: I will start going though my shots tonight after work so stayed tuned I will post my flicker link when its ready!
Hey Ken, i promise to not make straffing runs at you when your out flying next year with our A10's. Might cause some bad memories!!!!!!!
Nice meeting you and getting all of the Canadian input. Looking forward to next year!
Sep 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
Need 4 Speed!
Quote:
We did upwind diving passes this year with atleast 100 feet of flat and level before the radar gun.

I compared the flat and level downwind pass to the diving upwind pass and they were almost identical. It was safer to split s back straight over the runway than to sweep in flat and be pointing at the hanger or crowd.
Thanks for the response! Did you fly your Aggressor this year?
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Sep 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
Thread OP
I wish. No Aggressor, or any of my large edf's for that matter. 12FG issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg
Thanks for the response! Did you fly your Aggressor this year?
Sep 13, 2012, 06:34 AM

EJET Photos up on my Fliker account - ENJOY

Hi Guys

Please check out my Fliker EJets photo into 2 batches

EJets2012 Part 1 & EJets2012 Part 2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennethpark/

For those who wish to download - Isolate the photo by itself - Select a size of photo - look top left "Do you wish to download"

For those who wish to use photos for publication for product promotion or magazines require my permission please.

I will select about 20 shots for MAN magazine article in near future
Sep 13, 2012, 06:42 AM

Killed many times in my youth with NATO

Don't worry its was all in fun as a member of the CDN Forces with NATO war games in Germany mid 1980's.

Besides being straffed by A-10s I was once blown away by a Abram tank who shot a blank round from across a canel about 100 feet away. The 5/4 ton comms truck I was in almost flipped on its sided from the air-blast that hit the side of the truck while we were on the move. I swear we were on two wheels for a 2-4 seconds. We looked out the side window to see a giant white smoke ring and the tank pointed at us. Yes we got stopped 5 min later by the Ref who said we be dead yet again. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
Hey Ken, i promise to not make straffing runs at you when your out flying next year with our A10's. Might cause some bad memories!!!!!!!
Nice meeting you and getting all of the Canadian input. Looking forward to next year!
Sep 13, 2012, 07:37 AM
Old Skool
Ken,
Thank you for all the pictures!

Terry
Sep 13, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:

Did you find anything out?
Sep 13, 2012, 09:00 AM
These are really spectacular shots Ken! Thanks for taking the time to post them all up and share, it's not often you get the opportunity to collect a whole series of closeups from one fight. And, they all be in focus <g>.

Quick Reply