Sep 05, 2012, 12:30 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Lol! Jk! Hey gotta get em while their hit n instock and I'm sure other P51 kits in this scale will grab em once word spreads.

Oh ya and I couldn't find the green drab paint, but found that testores flat army olive drab was a close match. Thanks!
Last edited by v8truckin; Sep 05, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2012, 01:07 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Cool...I just got home ...and the color I used on FF Mustang was Green Drab FS34086

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHG55&P=7
Sep 05, 2012, 04:27 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Here ya go V8...Eat your heart out!!!...

RC Castle
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 4925
Detailed Invoice: (Edited-Blocked information)
Date Ordered: Wednesday 05 September, 2012

The comments for your order are

ACCORDING TO YOUR ORDER CARGO, WE HAVE
ALREADY SEND OUT BY AIRMAIL ON TODAY AND THE
TRACKING NO. IS RC004808915HK , YOU CAN CHECK
THE SITUATION OF YOUR CARGO AFS:

ANYWAY, PLS CHECK AND NOTE, TkS

P.S.; WE HAVE SEND YOU WITH THE NEWEST UPGRADE VERSION, PLS KINDLY NOTE, TKS.

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Delivered

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
Sep 05, 2012, 08:06 AM
Lol! Strut Monger! Mine next pair of sets also just shipped out today just checked my email and confirmed that it will be newest version.
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Sep 05, 2012, 02:57 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin
Lol! Jk! Hey gotta get em while their hit n instock and I'm sure other P51 kits in this scale will grab em once word spreads.

Oh ya and I couldn't find the green drab paint, but found that testores flat army olive drab was a close match. Thanks!
What color green are you looking for Nick?

Gary
Sep 05, 2012, 03:39 PM
Gary

Was at Michaels craft store and was looking for a closest match to the ferocious Frankie green. I accidentally got tape on the elevator and tried to pull it off slowly but the paint came with it. BM said that he used testors green drab, but they didn't carry it. So I went with the army olive drab which was very close but a shade too light. Might have to add a dab of flat black to get it to match. BM brought up a good point while I was on the phone with him, that some his 2 frankies are slightly different shades of green vs each other. Gonna check hobbylobby this wknd and hopefully the have the green drab of I can't get my army olive drab and flat black to match. Unless you have another recommendation.
Sep 05, 2012, 06:06 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin
Gary

Was at Michaels craft store and was looking for a closest match to the ferocious Frankie green. I accidentally got tape on the elevator and tried to pull it off slowly but the paint came with it. BM said that he used testors green drab, but they didn't carry it. So I went with the army olive drab which was very close but a shade too light. Might have to add a dab of flat black to get it to match. BM brought up a good point while I was on the phone with him, that some his 2 frankies are slightly different shades of green vs each other. Gonna check hobbylobby this wknd and hopefully the have the green drab of I can't get my army olive drab and flat black to match. Unless you have another recommendation.
I wasn't sure if you were referring to the green used on the interior surfaces?

Hobby Lobby does carry some of the Testors Model Master paints. Testors shows 3 different variants on Olive drab, but it is hard to determine the correct match with those example dots.

Gary
Sep 05, 2012, 07:28 PM
As V8 alluded to... you are better off getting whatever is close and matching it off yourself then.
Then you get a perfect match....

Use wet newspaper to mask...... no paint rip offs then.
Sep 05, 2012, 07:54 PM
Wet newspaper aye! hmmm and the paint doesnt run underneath it?
Sep 05, 2012, 09:53 PM
It 'sticks' like tape pretty much. Newspaper is very thin.
Use big pieces, not just "tape width" strips! So you get fair areas of the main masking done too.

Do some test painting....
Sep 06, 2012, 02:51 AM
Finally made a maiden flight!
I have the 1100 mm Mustang. I took it directly to home depot. the matched the green and yellow perfectly. I payed three bucks or something ridiculous for a whole pint!!! Felt like I was robbing the place!!! Point is, easy way to get the paint matched perfect... Also I bought a roll of scotch blue with edge lock.. It works fairly well over the silver and yellow but the green is a PIA!!!
Sep 06, 2012, 03:02 AM
That is one good way to get matching paint... but..... at $7 a go, 250ml a go, you end up with tons of paint.... and the dollars add up.

So I have my 'stock' colours (8 or so?), then the handful of matched colours (as per hardware matched - 4 or so), and then my own matched colours (6 or so) that I have done for specific planes. I have not had any issue matching any plane near perfect (hmm, probably perfectly really) - at least as good as the hardware scan achieves.
At 250ml per all cans, there is tons for the home-brew matching amounts too!

But then you have the different bases. Which technically do not "like" each other. So the home-brew mixing separates in the tin/jar over time.... But that doesn't matter at all, just remix when next used. (of course it doesn't separate before it dries, or after it is dry).

I used masking tape ONCE...... LOL
Wet newspaper ever since. Though the majority can be done freehand anyway. (not spray very often of course).
Sep 06, 2012, 04:37 AM
Instructions are a little lacking. Which Wing multi connector plugs into the top / bottom of the recepticle in the fuse? What is the separately packaged multi connector for? The external pins coming out of the BEC are for what? The power (red/black) connector from the BEC is for what?

1700mm Mustang For Dummies!

Thanks,

Aaron
Sep 06, 2012, 05:22 AM
Most people are stupid!
Are you asking these questions or just making suggestions for a new set of instructions?

The multi connectors have no order preference. Just plug both of the ribbon plugs in and it will be fine.

Can't remember what the separate multi is for. I don't think I had one in my box.

The external pins are the voltage selection jumper. DON'T FIDDLE WITH IT!!!! Just make sure the jumper is on the middle two pins.

Not sure what you mean with regards to the red/black wires. They should already be connected to the ESC. Mine were soldered onto the main power attachments on the ESC.

Cheers,

Steve
Last edited by dambit; Sep 06, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
Sep 06, 2012, 06:02 AM
MYC
MYC
Inconceivable!
There is more to Aarons questions than that Dambit...
Instructions are a little lacking.--- They sure are
Which Wing multi connector plugs into the top / bottom of the recepticle in the fuse? --- Follow Dambits advise.
What is the separately packaged multi connector for? ---No idea! Got one myself but its in my spare parts box and the plane has been flying for months
The external pins coming out of the BEC are for what? As Dambit alluded these are the voltage jumpers for the BEC, leave them as is...
The power (red/black) connector from the BEC is for what? I originally thought that this was seperate power for the BEC but I tried leaving it off (the RX) and the servos still operate without it. If anyone else has knowledge of what this is for, Id like to know too!

Quick Reply