Aug 28, 2012, 05:59 PM
Andy,

In fact when you try to adjust the end point it didn't seem to change opposite end point just the servo did not move any more or any less. It just stayed the same. Like the number in the radio didn't matter.

It is a significant bug and needs to be dealt with quickly. If you shipped this radio knowing full well that bug was there then I think a LOT less of Horizon Hobby then I did. Horizon has the best service there is PERIOD. I've been a JR guys for almost 20 years. I really like the radio, but since it isn't going to be solved soon as you say I take it, solving it isn't very easy or requires a major rewrite of some code.

If it is in all Airware radios like DX8 and etc as long as they have been out then that is for sure REALLY LOUSY.

I sure hope to see a solution soon.

Norman Ross Jr.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
The work around for now is very simple.

To make right adjustments move the stick to the left, you won't see anything happening but when you move the stick back you will see the change did in fact move the oppposite end.

It wasn't ALWAYS like this and it will be taken care of.
Aug 29, 2012, 05:54 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It's the way it behaves in ALL the AirWare radios, Norman. Actually, what is happening is it's changing the opposite side vs. the one you have selected. It's slated to be fixed at some time in the future, but I wouldn't expect it in the next update.

Andy
About what I expected but still disappointed in how Spketrum deal with such bugs. There really needs to be a change in their process on issues like this beyond "we will fix it sometime".
Aug 29, 2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
About what I expected but still disappointed in how Spketrum deal with such bugs. There really needs to be a change in their process on issues like this beyond "we will fix it sometime".
I hate to say it but the same old tune does began to sound old. For a flagship radio, this should not be happening. I do know that when and if this fix occurs, there will be a lot more happy campers in the DX18 group including me.

Bob
Last edited by Willyboy; Aug 29, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Aug 29, 2012, 08:21 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I hate to say it but the same old tune does began to sound old. For a flagship radio, this should not be happening. I do know that when and if this fix occurs, there will be a more happy campers in the DX18 group including me.

Bob
The DX8 was a flagship, now the DX18. "flagship" seems to only matter when a new radio is released, then it becomes hurry up an wait for fixes, as they seem to jump to the next new product.

I've no big issue waiting for firmware updates that add features, but releasing buggy firmware and then syaing it will be fixed sometime later, and not even in the next release, is a bit much IMHO. They need to either have better QC before release or issue patches when these issues are found.
Aug 29, 2012, 08:23 AM
Remember: they don't work for you, you work for them....

Quote:
Aug 29, 2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
They need to either have better QC before release or issue patches when these issues are found.
Agree with releasing a patch when issues are found but don't they need time to find a fix and then test that fix?
Aug 29, 2012, 09:28 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Agree with releasing a patch when issues are found but don't they need time to find a fix and then test that fix?
Yes they do, but should be a priority, not "sometime" and not one or two releases later as part of a regular release. Current issue sounds like they will fix it but not in any rush to do so.
Aug 29, 2012, 10:29 AM
IMO, this has been the attitude all along...another example is discontinued support for model presets on the "community" site after getting the DX8 out the door. they have your money on the DX18, so there is no need to hurry when they could be putting their efforts into new equipment (which is what is going on now). They are also banking on the fact that new DX18 sales will not be affected by the timeliness of software updates (which is true; you don't consider that when you buy something new).

Quote:
Yes they do, but should be a priority, not "sometime" and not one or two releases later as part of a regular release. Current issue sounds like they will fix it but not in any rush to do so.
Last edited by teryn1; Aug 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Aug 29, 2012, 10:32 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by teryn1 View Post
This has been the attitude all along...another example is discontinued support for model presets on the "community" site after getting the DX8 out the door. they have your money on the DX18, so there is no need to hurry when they could be putting their efforts into new equipment (which is what is going on now).
Agreed, the model SPM files is one of the bigger jokes so far, the list on the community is old and out dated soon after the DX8 launched. I would have thought that making a file for every new HH model would have been a given, but seems not, little more than a marketing bullet.
Aug 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
yes, IMO, it was just purely for marketing, simply to get people to register at the site, which helps them further for sales (like club cards at the supermarket).

The new tactic is to force you to register using nag screens on the radio. That's why you don't see any presets available for the DX18; because they don't need them to get you to register.

The whole way that Spektrum management goes about this is actually really fascinating. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see the politics that goes on there....

Quote:
Agreed, the model SPM files is one of the bigger jokes so far, the list on the community is old and out dated soon after the DX8 launched. I would have thought that making a file for every new HH model would have been a given, but seems not, little more than a marketing bullet.
Last edited by teryn1; Aug 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
Aug 29, 2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
It is a strange way of developing an maintaining software IMO. I bought my DX8 two years ago and it is still not free from bugs in the basic functionality advertised at that time.
Aug 29, 2012, 04:37 PM
I have two DX8 radios, and they work just fine.

Am considering a DX18...

Does anyone know if there is a utility to convert DX8 setups to DX18 format?

Chuck
Aug 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrcpilot View Post

Am considering a DX18...

Chuck
There is, it's call BY HAND.
It's fun this way also, you get to learn your new radio.
Aug 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrcpilot View Post

Am considering a DX18...

Chuck
If you troll back through the thread you should pick up on posts from Andy about how they are not the same and you will have to reprogram stuff for your 18.

If this was complete maybe, but I am not sure how far along it is. Drop him a line and check it out.

Quick Reply