Aug 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Tchuss,
That was a scary launch...even with a high C 2S. Remind me again if you're using 3 or 5 bladed fan?

I'm looking to retire my 50mm T-45 and this 35mm might be a good replacement. Does 3S make launching simple?
I never ran my t45 on 2s, I jumped it up to 3s after I saw the improvement on my 2s sabre. On 3s, I barley toss the t45 and the sabre and they are up and away. If you like your 50mm 45, you are going to love this micro. It flies like a much larger plane and is crazy fast for its size on 3s! I crammed a 3s 460mah nano tech into the nose after removing a little foam from the canopy and the cg is spot on.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2012, 09:25 PM
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Anybody willing to doppler me for check my speed ... I made some low pass at around 2m40 second mark ...

Tchuss
Hi Tchuss, I dopplerred your hawk at 65.94 KPH as the highest speed using RCSpeedo, which detects the temperature as 29C using my location. If your temperature is lower, then speed is also lower.
I dopplered my 2S F-86 at 71 km/h, BUT there was some tailwind.
It's not exactly stock as I had to replace the faulty stock ESC with a Turnigy Plush 6A esc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVKrf...ailpage#t=469s

I have never flown the T-45/hawk on 2S before. On my maiden flight, I dopplerred it at 91kph around the 3 min mark. I wasn't able to get a reading on the other passes as I kept pulsating the throttle (it's a habit).

Jpower skyangel 35mm Hawk maiden and first flights with aerobatics and crashes (4 min 41 sec)
Aug 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
I did change my under-hand bowling style for a more conventional over-hand ... and I think it is more easy ... even if the previous bowling style was working to me ... but maybe I lost practice to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird_one
You're right.
I find out yesterday that the over-hand-launch does always work if you throw strong enough and a little upwards. My hawk is a bit nose heavy (I love it) and when it's thrown up in the sky, it falls down gets speed and ....away
Lol! I went from underhand swing to overhand chuck for my 50mm T-45.
I did the same transition for the 35mm T-45, but it kept rolling half the time it left my hand. I had to settle for the underhand toss for it. It could be because I throttle up too much for the launch.
It also rolls to the left in my underhand launch, but I find it easier to catch and correct as I can toss the plane higher with an underhand swing than an overhand chuck.
It comes down to what works for you and technique, or in my case, the lack thereof
Aug 22, 2012, 09:41 PM
I have an a-10 on the way and was wondering what the ideal setup for it is, as far as 2s/3s, batteries, cg and such. I seem to remember a few folks saying it was fine on 2s with a 2s 700 pack and that if any of the 35mm jets didnt need a 3s upgrage this would be the one. But, that was a while ago when they were just released. What am I going to want in this little fellow? I have a feeling I will want to go 3s on it unless the weight of the bigger esc's and pack arent worth the higher wing loading. What have you guys found to be the sweet setup?

Thanks,

Mendo
Aug 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo
I have an a-10 on the way and was wondering what the ideal setup for it is, as far as 2s/3s, batteries, cg and such. I seem to remember a few folks saying it was fine on 2s with a 2s 700 pack and that if any of the 35mm jets didnt need a 3s upgrage this would be the one. But, that was a while ago when they were just released. What am I going to want in this little fellow? I have a feeling I will want to go 3s on it unless the weight of the bigger esc's and pack arent worth the higher wing loading. What have you guys found to be the sweet setup?

Thanks,

Mendo
I will be posting a review on the A-10 as well as the F-15 shortly.
Aug 22, 2012, 10:16 PM
Mike
Mendo, I didn't find a sweet setup for it. My idea of a sweet A-10 is one that floats and can fly slow.
on a 2S 610, I needed nose weight. 5-10g IIRC.
on a 3S 500, I didn't need nose weight.

So I stayed with a 3S and fly it in an unscale fashion. On 3S, it does hammerheads quite well using thrust differential. I have a post on the Tx mixes and also a video of the A-10 executing them.
I think the A-10 has too high a wing loading regardless of 2S or 3S.
Aug 23, 2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Tchuss,
That was a scary launch...even with a high C 2S. Remind me again if you're using 3 or 5 bladed fan?

I'm looking to retire my 50mm T-45 and this 35mm might be a good replacement. Does 3S make launching simple?
Tchuss is like cheers/bye/ciao ... but in German dialect

Anyhow, yes it was a bad launch ... recently I'm doind too many of them also with other small birds ... guess my hand is too shaky

Luckily most of time I recover ... going fast on my tx

Anyhow, I'm using the 5 blades ... all is stock as it come in pnf version

I found out that my turnigy plus 6amp in a different bird made a hell of difference from default low timing to re.configured high timing ... but stock esc has no info about how it can be programmed

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Aug 23, 2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre
Hi Tchuss, I dopplerred your hawk at 65.94 KPH as the highest speed using RCSpeedo, which detects the temperature as 29C using my location. If your temperature is lower, then speed is also lower.
I dopplered my 2S F-86 at 71 km/h, BUT there was some tailwind.
It's not exactly stock as I had to replace the faulty stock ESC with a Turnigy Plush 6A esc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVKrf...ailpage#t=469s

I have never flown the T-45/hawk on 2S before. On my maiden flight, I dopplerred it at 91kph around the 3 min mark. I wasn't able to get a reading on the other passes as I kept pulsating the throttle (it's a habit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkatpLZdOg
Thanks Mike

Ok 66kmh is not too bad for the size
It was a totally calm day, I did not even had to look for wind direction for hand launch it

I guess my RadJet 420 on 3s may be two time faster ... it is also much more stressing to navigate in the air, even if it has better visibility due to the color used on the bird

Anyhow, more then speed ... I like to make loops ... fast aeroplane are booring

Tchuss

E_lm_70

ps: You have a nice video about your T-45 35mm ... wandering if the speed reading with doppler is valid in case of a turn ... mine was going straight line ... but in case of turn I guess the dopler reading should show a speed in defect not in excess ... so I guess your micro bird goes probably above 100km/h ... anyhow ... you don't show so many loops ... as well ... how much fly time you get with a 360mAh 3S ? Mine is just 3m20 on 2S 300mAh ... was 4m with the 360Rhino ... I also think a 3S 300mAh nano-tech will give you even better performance ... lighter and more powerful for sure then rhino.
Last edited by e_lm_70; Aug 23, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Aug 23, 2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying
I never ran my t45 on 2s, I jumped it up to 3s after I saw the improvement on my 2s sabre. On 3s, I barley toss the t45 and the sabre and they are up and away. If you like your 50mm 45, you are going to love this micro. It flies like a much larger plane and is crazy fast for its size on 3s! I crammed a 3s 460mah nano tech into the nose after removing a little foam from the canopy and the cg is spot on.
I have all the Foamy T-45

35mm , 50mm and 64mm

All run stock .. so 2S (300mAh) , 3S (1200mAh) and 3S (2800mAh)

The smaller side has is fascination ... but ... bigger is better

The 1m wing span 64mm T-45 is almost a glider at zero power ... and take off easy ... it is mega visible in the air ... and normally people are impressed by ... as bigger as better ... little is normally associated to a toy

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: About stability .... bigger is more stable ... all my T-45 have been trim on spot out of the box ... only the micro 35mm was very off on aileron trim .... since a lttle wrap in one of the wing ... and this need to compensated by aileron ...
Aug 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
F-15 review has been started.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post22527312

These 12 hour work days are killing me so be patient, it should be finished tonight.
Aug 23, 2012, 11:41 AM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
F-15 review has been started.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post22527312

These 12 hour work days are killing me so be patient, it should be finished tonight.
Can't wait to read this one, I'm curious to see if someone else love's this micro F-15 as much as I do.
Aug 23, 2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
Can't wait to read this one, I'm curious to see if someone else love's this micro F-15 as much as I do.
I just know that in spite of hideous work hours, I have to get this in the air pronto..... there's a hurricane heading our way and it will be no joy by this Sunday. I should have the ESCs wired up and everything running tonight and with a little luck, might be able to squeeze in a flight on video before the weather turns bad. Then I can do the A-10 during the downtime that the storm produces. I have something different planned for that one.
Aug 23, 2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
I love mine! and I've only had 1 1/2 flights on it so far. Now its converted to 3S and repaired from that '1/2 flight' so I'll be flying it some more while visting Las Vegas next week. (There is a beautiful county park system R/C airfield with large paved landing strip that anyone with an AMA license can fly at right next to the UNLV stadium.)

Are you running on 3S? And if so how much throttle do you give it for hand launching?
Aug 23, 2012, 07:57 PM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom77
I love mine! and I've only had 1 1/2 flights on it so far. Now its converted to 3S and repaired from that '1/2 flight' so I'll be flying it some more while visting Las Vegas next week. (There is a beautiful county park system R/C airfield with large paved landing strip that anyone with an AMA license can fly at right next to the UNLV stadium.)

Are you running on 3S? And if so how much throttle do you give it for hand launching?
Yup 3s here never even tried her 2s. I launch her around 2/3 throttle around 15deg up.
Aug 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
Jagd Flieger
Hi guys

I am interested in buying a edf micro jet, F-86 Sabre, I saw that Hobby King has the Nano Micro F-86 , does it fly well, are there any problems with it, how does it compare to the Banana Hobby Blitz Works F-86 or the Great Planes F-86. I am not to sure about buying planes from Hobby King or Banana Hobby, I got to fly the E-flite Mig 15 last week and was very impressed with how it flew. Now I am deciding on which one to get?????

Thanks Sabastian

Quick Reply