Team Hillbilly
RF6
Huckfest
addict
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129
+1, you are absolutely correct, plus anyone with a half decent charger/batteries can charge at least a 5c charge rate and have them done in no time in the morning. that's what I do
I think charging at 5c is more damaging than charging the night before or even 3 days before. Just my opinion.
Aug 17, 2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa Breaker
I think charging at 5c is more damaging than charging the night before or even 3 days before. Just my opinion.
there are several facts/tests that disprove that, check out the batteries section of rcg, many have been charging at 5c for 5+ years, well before it was accepted, there are several informative threads with real world tests that are very interesting, todays technology is awesome and getting better!
Aug 17, 2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129
there are several facts/tests that disprove that, check out the batteries section of rcg, many have been charging at 5c for 5+ years, well before it was accepted, there are several informative threads with real world tests that are very interesting, todays technology is awesome and getting better!
Like I said, from what I have seen in the field with my batteries and my fellow flyers, it's just my opinion. All though I will at times charge at 5
Aug 17, 2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Yeah.
I had two Gens 1000 25C 3S. bought at the same time.
Charged one at 2 amps it whole life span, and one at 5C every single time.
The 5C one is completely shot, thr 2C is fine.
Who knows? Maybe the 5C one was just in a bad batch
I'm hard on batteries...and now I read people BREAK THEM IN
I leave mine charged fully or dishcharged fully
Well, I only have 7 batteries so I'm good
I need to go read in the batteries section for a while so I don't ruin my new 51 Slick batteries.
Aug 17, 2012, 10:05 PM
I charge my 2500 3s gens ace at 4C, usually leave them charged and they have lasted over a year so far with no real change from new. They still balance great, I continue to put the same amount of charge back into them and have abused them to the point of ridiculousness. My 4S 4K's are the same deal, just not as many cycles and I can only charge them at a little over 2C due to my 10A charger. I really need to upgrade as I can pump 24v 60a from my PS.
Aug 18, 2012, 09:04 AM
Plus members don't forget to nominate Steve T. for Plus User of the Month and don't forget the period after the T.
Aug 18, 2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06
RF6
Huckfest
addict
Thanks for your RF6 planes, keep them coming they fly great and a lot better than some of the other ones in RF5.5
Aug 18, 2012, 09:49 AM
Team Hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by renoglowflyer
Thanks for your RF6 planes, keep them coming they fly great and a lot better than some of the other ones in RF5.5
No problem. Were you just flying with me?
Aug 18, 2012, 09:51 AM
How do you make them?
Like what software?
Aug 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
tominator06 I have your Slick but is there a listing of your other planes?
Aug 18, 2012, 09:59 AM
Team Hillbilly
I use the included realflight editor. My custom color scheme was done for me by a friend. He uses a free program called "Gimp". You import the .cs file you want to modify and go to town.

I just posted 2 new variants. One extra 300l and one Slick. These are both Da60 powered and are a little heavier than my previous electric versions. They are still a little floaty but I've sort of come to a standstill in tweaking right now so I figured I would post what I have been working on.

The easiest way to get my planes is to type tominator06 into the searchbar on the swap pages home screen. Its down on the bottom left.
Aug 18, 2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06

The easiest way to get my planes is to type tominator06 into the searchbar on the swap pages home screen. Its down on the bottom left.
Okay thanks I see it. Bummer though as I am still on 5.5 and that DA-60 Extra was what I was looking for but you need the base model from RF6
Aug 18, 2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
As stated before check into the battery thread, I think you will find that you are wrong.

Long term storage seems to be a real factor in battery life, what you get is a change in IR so the battery has to work harder to deliver the same power. they get hotter.

Over discharging and heat would be the biggest factors in short battery life.

If you are using a quality charger with a balancer that can keep up charging at ' 2-5 c does not measurably shorten battery life

I think everydayflyer is one of the most knowledgeable posters in the battery and charger forum, check out his posts.

He even says that charging a warm battery is OK as long as it does not get hotter during the charge.

Dennis
Aug 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
Plus members don't forget to nominate Steve T. for Plus User of the Month and don't forget the period after the T.
Thank you kind Sir....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....

Quick Reply