Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
HobbyEurope
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). It is temporarily hidden while HobbyEurope edits it.
Aug 11, 2012, 06:30 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33
Mcpx parts do fit straight onto the fbl100 I am now using mcpx main shaft main gear and swashplate many crashes pick it up fly it again. I have also owned both genius cp and minicp they outperform both and hold up well in crashes except for the servos as they do strip gears if you are not quick on throttle hold when you crash.
That is what I was really wondering since the minicp and genius far out performed the mcpx. Maybe they should have cloned the minicp instead. Would be very nice to get cheaper servos and parts for that. Still would be nice if they lowered the price of the hisky to a more reasonable level i might pick the 100 up as I have been done with the mcpx for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope
Justify what? And to whom?

Check at the factory yourself. Easy I guess. Hong Kong is not that far from them. Shenzhen is even closer; but even then ....

You should have all possibilities to check what are facts and what are not.
Easy; but you maybe cannot? Why? Problematic question eh?

HobbyEUSZ
He was reffering to giving a complete comparison of why it is better in flight as you say when compared to the minicp Genius, mcpx and your 100. Yet instead you just write him off with some sort of challenge?

If you are so confident in your product and you state it flys better than other micros of its size you should have already tested the rest of the small market when directly comparing it to such. Then giving specifics on where and what is better about the heli you are selling.
Quote:
Somebody wrote this (but seemed to be too heavy for the moderator):
It was because the user was insulting others instead of getting to the real issues at hand if your product flys better and what changes have been made to make it an overall better product

Though sadly now it seems you are doing the very same thing and communicating at low level instead of addressing questions
If you cant answer direct questions about your product with honest answers then dont be the frontman of a product. Typing away on a keyboard with nothing backing up the statments that you have made and insulting others is not the best way to conduct business

It would actually seem that those on here who have actually flown most of the micro helicopters available are indeed better informed then the casual user. if you sat back you would realize no one here is trying to play favorite brand and instead trying to get a decent heli at a more reasoable price...
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 11, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Aug 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
With a programmable radio the fbl100 would be better the tail was a little slow stock and I would like it to flip and roll a little faster. The fbl100 linear servos are very good they have less slop than the mcpx servos. I was on the search for the best micro and after trying almost everything the mini cp and genius cp are the best performing they fly like bigger helis whereas the others feel like really good toys. I was thinking of making a frankenheli minicp board on my fbl100 mcpx mix to be the ultimate micro heli. But I now have a 130x and spending my money on upgrades and I prefer the 130size. I'm looking forward to the hisky 80 though more Msr size 3d
Aug 12, 2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli
He was reffering to giving a complete comparison of why it is better in flight as you say when compared to the minicp Genius, mcpx and your 100. Yet instead you just write him off with some sort of challenge?
Yes, yes and yes.

Have flown them all. HiSky is the far most powerful and responsive one, and fly more like a bigger size helicopter.

About crashing; I cannot tell. Helicopters are contructed to fly in the air, where I like to keep them too.

If you care to read all posts in here, and elsewhere, you (and others) can easily make up your (their) own opinion instead of keeping on repeating yourself. Nothing comes closer to the truth just keeping on repeating the same thing again and again.

HiSky is not mine, even you keep on repeating that too. We deal with more than hundred manufacturers. HiSky is just one of them.

HobbyEUSZ
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 12, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
Aug 12, 2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
With a programmable radio the fbl100 would be better the tail was a little slow stock and I would like it to flip and roll a little faster. The fbl100 linear servos are very good they have less slop than the mcpx servos. I was on the search for the best micro and after trying almost everything the mini cp and genius cp are the best performing they fly like bigger helis whereas the others feel like really good toys. I was thinking of making a frankenheli minicp board on my fbl100 mcpx mix to be the ultimate micro heli. But I now have a 130x and spending my money on upgrades and I prefer the 130size. I'm looking forward to the hisky 80 though more Msr size 3d
Absolutely correct. You need the programmable TX to get the most out of it. The difference is actually huge. Change to carbon blades will also make a noticable improvement. They will also come up with an even better linear servo soon.

HobbyEUSZ
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 12, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
Aug 12, 2012, 02:31 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:

Check at the factory yourself. Easy I guess. Hong Kong is not that far from them. Shenzhen is even closer; but even then ....

You should have all possibilities to check what are facts and what are not.
Easy; but you maybe cannot? Why? Problematic question eh?

HobbyEUSZ
Seems a little playing on the person. First, you were the one making claims about the HiSky being better, with little to back this up. I can understand why some would be calling out to show the cards. But shall we put this aside now? I'd rather read first hand experiences by people that don't have any commercial gain by telling good things about a product, like the message below:

Quote:
Ok I own both a mcpx and a turnify fbl100. I have extensively flown and crashed both, the fbl100 has a more locked in feel and is very stable when transitioning inbetween 3d manoeuvres it does not have the pitching tendancies or the cyclic wobble that the mcpx gets. The tail is also very locked in and it has a little more power. However it is not as crashable as the mcpx I found the main gear came off the main shaft very easily, the bearing would come out of the frame and also the swashplate would come apart. Mcpx parts do fit straight onto the fbl100 I am now using mcpx main shaft main gear and swashplate many crashes pick it up fly it again. I have also owned both genius cp and minicp they outperform both and hold up well in crashes except for the servos as they do strip gears if you are not quick on throttle hold when you crash.
Interesting write up. So the flb100 is more powerful, but also more smooth. Odd to see that mCP x parts are still a drop in fit, if the heli is not a clone...
Aug 12, 2012, 09:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
HiSky is not mine, even you keep on repeating that too. We deal with more than hundred manufacturers. HiSky is just one of them.

HobbyEUSZ
If you answer the questions that have been put forth I am sure not much would need repeating

Anyhow didn’t say or mean Hisky was yours as we know you only advise. I said "your product" as in a product you sell in your webstore (the link you gave earlier with the same web address as your name)
I also used frontman as you seem to be the only online persona for your webstore and this product.

Quote:
Change to carbon blades will also make a noticable improvement.
HobbyEUSZ
What improvement do the carbon blades have upon this heli?

AFAIK and have personally tested carbon blades for 125 size and less are not the same upgrade carbon blades are for larger heli's. Mainly due to increased weight over stock plastic and foam blades available, the carbon blades dull flight characteristics. While the carbon is great for stability due to the increased weight it seems to always sacrifice agility.

Do you know where to get some ultra-light yet stiff carbon blades for this heli that don’t dull the cyclic? If so please do tell as I would like to order a set or two
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 12, 2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added question
Aug 13, 2012, 01:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
My issue here is that you have stated clearly that you have got some connections that are probably commercial in nature with the manufacturer. Besides making big claims about this product, you have badmouthed its competitors badly, both without providing substantiation.

We just do not see people who have openly stated to be connected with Blade or Walkera to bad-mouth competitors' products here. It creates a very bad impression on the person himself and the company it is associated with.

All the user feed backs on this product has been along the lines of achogg33. That it flies more like a larger heli but at the same time, it is more twiichy and trickier for beginners because there is less self-stabilization. In any case, there are very few videos on this heli available for people to make a judgement.

All micro CPs appear to be greatly overpriced compared to larger helis. More competition is definitely welcomed.
Aug 15, 2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
My issue here is that you have stated clearly that you have got some connections that are probably commercial in nature with the manufacturer. Besides making big claims about this product, you have badmouthed its competitors badly, both without providing substantiation.

We just do not see people who have openly stated to be connected with Blade or Walkera to bad-mouth competitors' products here. It creates a very bad impression on the person himself and the company it is associated with.

All the user feed backs on this product has been along the lines of achogg33. That it flies more like a larger heli but at the same time, it is more twiichy and trickier for beginners because there is less self-stabilization. In any case, there are very few videos on this heli available for people to make a judgement.

All micro CPs appear to be greatly overpriced compared to larger helis. More competition is definitely welcomed.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the gyro.

And you can also program dual rate from zero to 100%.

So some news from the factory:

"2 samples of heli combined with RF MODULE for your testing, and these two samples will be sent with the spare parts together to you today. Every RF MODULE has two wire, one for Futaba,one for JR."

And a not-so-documented fact. Suggests that the price will go down, not up, pretty soon.

HobbyEUSZ
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 15, 2012 at 04:49 AM.
Aug 15, 2012, 04:39 AM
"Originally Posted by achogg33
Ok I own both a mcpx and a turnify fbl100. I have extensively flown and crashed both, the fbl100 has a more locked in feel and is very stable when transitioning inbetween 3d manoeuvres it does not have the pitching tendancies or the cyclic wobble that the mcpx gets. The tail is also very locked in and it has a little more power. However it is not as crashable as the mcpx I found the main gear came off the main shaft very easily, the bearing would come out of the frame and also the swashplate would come apart. Mcpx parts do fit straight onto the fbl100 I am now using mcpx main shaft main gear and swashplate many crashes pick it up fly it again. I have also owned both genius cp and minicp they outperform both and hold up well in crashes except for the servos as they do strip gears if you are not quick on throttle hold when you crash."

Absolutely correct. The main gear can come off too easy sometimes. The factory has been noticed about that.

The landing gear is a bit weak and thin even if it is very flexible it can be broken in to pieces. The factory is noticed about that too.

HobbyEUSZ
Aug 15, 2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:

And you can also program dual rate from zero to 100%.

So some news from the factory:

"2 samples of heli combined with RF MODULE for your testing, and these two samples will be sent with the spare parts together to you today. Every RF MODULE has two wire, one for Futaba,one for JR."

And a not-so-documented fact. Suggests that the price will go down, not up, pretty soon.

HobbyEUSZ
The module comes with both a Futaba and JR adaptor then, this sounds exactly like the "Anylink Tx-R" modules for several models of planes.

Does this module use the same protocol as the Tx that comes with the current RTF model? In other words, if I were to buy the Turnigy FBL100 today, could I buy the module when it comes out and connect it to my Futaba to control the existing FBL100? Will the module be available separately?
Aug 15, 2012, 02:06 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Change to carbon blades will also make a noticable improvement. HobbyEUSZ

Quote:
Gyro sense is only needed if people want to change for more powerful tail motors or gyro isnt set right from factory but still a nice upgrade from the mcpx and would make brushless tail easier.

Speaking of brushless - Any possiblitiy of going single or dual brushless from the factory?

Quote:

HobbyEUSZ
This is good news
Aug 17, 2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Stiffer blades. Less flexing. Faster respons, if power enough. I suppose you know this already. This concerns all propeller driven aircrafts.

Quote:

Speaking of brushless - Any possiblitiy of going single or dual brushless from the factory?
Yes. Coming. Pushing them on that too. And more metal parts.

HobbyEUSZ
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 17, 2012 at 03:17 AM.
Aug 17, 2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmors
The module comes with both a Futaba and JR adaptor then, this sounds exactly like the "Anylink Tx-R" modules for several models of planes.

Does this module use the same protocol as the Tx that comes with the current RTF model? In other words, if I were to buy the Turnigy FBL100 today, could I buy the module when it comes out and connect it to my Futaba to control the existing FBL100? Will the module be available separately?
Sorry, I cannot tell much more before I have the report from our technicians.
But what your are suggesting: I hope so.

Just some facts about us. We have been in this business for more than 40 years selling all over the world. I am not sure how much they allow me to tell in a forum like this. Maybe they will delete me.

Just now we are setting up a storage, warehouse, in Shenzhen, where most of the manufacturers are situated near by. The idea is to send everything from there to end users all over the world with the lowest freight costs possible. We have worked for å long time how to lower the freight costs, but that is our secret how we do. And we can support people (at least by email) in every language. The logistics are not quite clear yet, but much of the items are stocked there already. I am not talking only about small helicopters, but big size 2m airplanes and up that is possible to ship out for less than 100 USD to USA and rest of the world.

And PowerPro brushlessmotors and ESC that have proven to outperform wellknown brandnames to more the tripple of the price. Same about our T-Power batteries (OEM made honest quality) and the Power Pro LiPo that outperform completely the newest Thunder Power Batteries, made by Fullymax, at a fraction of the price. The Thunder Power battery blew up but the PowerPro one was barely warm.

But first you USA citizens has to trust that people from other parts of the world can make things working too.

We have already beaten the Hobby Kings LiPo price of the "Turnigy" 3 S 2200mah LiPos.
But; the idea is not to throw out crap or beat Hobbyking, but deliver quality items to a fair price delivered at your doorstep.

HobbyEUSZ
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 17, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Aug 17, 2012, 03:28 PM
I bought this turnigy FBL100 largely base on the postive feed back on this thread.
The FBL100 did try to make it better than mcpx in some way.

The pros:

1) They have more powerful main motor. It definitly climb faster than stock MCPX.
2) It has better gyro chip MPU-3050 (mcpx has ITG3200).
3) I also like their remote very much. This is the best RTF remote I have used.
Better than DX4e. I recall remote has ball bearings. It feels very smooth.
4) the swash has bigger balls. It is less likely to damage during fly.

However, for my personal experence, FBL100 is not as good as MCPX.
For a few reasons:
1) The tail like to blow out if you give a lot of pitch. I have to constantly
watch out of the tail blow out. The pitch need to stay at very narrow range
to avoid tail blow out. In fact that cause me crash at the very first 20 seconds
trying just pitch pumps. I think MCPX has much better locking feeling during
3D. It feels more perdictable if you know what I am saying.

2) The tail rotor is a joke. It is small and have very narrow middle section.
It break into two piece in the first 20 second crash. I have been flying
with MCPX v2 tail blade since.

3) The sevo is not very durable. My back servo start to develope big shaking
at about 10 packs. It make the heli nodding the tail like dolphin. It is not clear
it is the servo or the software problem. Pretty much it is unflyable as it is.
I can do flips, and during the flips the heli does not have the nodding. Let
it level and it will nod. It is possible I might get a bad one. Only 10 packs??
Their servo is definitly not as smooth as the mcpx's. Again, it could be
the software. Also I try to call the manufacture, the support said just buy
new servos.

At this point I would not recommand this FBL100 other people. I think if you
already have the Spectrum remote, it is much better getting the mcpx.
You will likely get more enjoyable fly out of mcpx than FBL100.

I think some of the parts are great alternatives to mcpx. I haven't try out
all the combinations yet. I think it would be interesting to try the FBL100
main and tail motor on the MCPX. They are cheap and seems more powerful
than stock mcpx. Might be a good way to get more performance out of
mcpx without going the BL route.

Quick Reply