Aug 08, 2012, 04:32 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero
Are you online and is the Tool set to work online?
The 0.63 is no longer in beta so you have latest stable version.
Thanks for the replay LZ. Yes I was online and the tool was set to online. I could see firmwares for other boards, just not the KK2.

I checked it again, and for whatever reason now it is working correctly.

Below is my log after I got it running... is the list supposed to reload several times?
Code:
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:07 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool <init>
INFO: Splash not loaded.
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:07 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool <init>
INFO: C:\Users\Kevin
INFO: Windows 7
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:07 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool setLocale
INFO: en_US
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:07 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
INFO: C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.63\tmp\
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:08 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:09 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool initGUI
INFO: Set the port from the properties [usb]: usb
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:09 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool println
INFO: List reloaded.
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:09 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool println
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:09 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool checkVersion
INFO: Check the version: 0.63 online is version: 0.63
Aug 08, 2012 2:33:34 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
Aug 08, 2012 2:34:10 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
Thanks,
Kev
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
New FW for the KK2.

CHANGES:

1: Removed: LCD contrast adjustment: Not necessary.

2: Removed: "I of PI" on/off mode: No practical use found.

3: Removed: I part of self-level: Does not work with slow reacting ACC.

4: Changed: default gains to 50/50/50 (roll/pitch/yaw) P-term, and 25, 25, 50 I-term.

5: Added: beep (short beep, 2 sec delay) when armed and throttle closed, for extra safety. Makes the KK2 a bit more noisy when armed so the user does not forget it is armed.

6: Added: longer arm/disarm beep.

7: Added: ACC trim. Use it to adjust self-level attitude, no need to recalibrate sensors. Adjust in "Self-level Settings" menu.

8: Added: factory reset.

9: Added: status messages on the "SAFE" screen. The KK2 will not arm unless it says "OK.". Error messages can only be reset by cycling the power, except for the "sensors not calibrated" message, which is reset after a successful sensor calibration. Error messages include lost RX connection.

10: Bug fix: wrong offset in flying wing mix table.

11: Changed: doubled self-level stick response. Let you have more control in self-level mode.

12: Added: CPPM (sum PPM) mode. Turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu. Also the assignments of the CPPM channels can be changed in "CPPM Settings".

13: Added: Y4 and V-tail layout.

14: Added: shows battery voltage on the "SAFE" screen.

15: Added: lost aircraft alarm. Starts to beep (1 sec on and 4 sec off) after 30min of no activity (arm/disarm).

16: Added: LP filter on servo outputs. Adjust in "Misc. Settings". A good start value is 50.

17: Added: auto-disarm. The KK2 will disarm itself after 20 sec if throttle is at idle. For extra safety. Can be turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu.

Download it below. You only need the "kk2.hex" file. The source is also included, with a license.

REMOVE PROPELLERS BEFORE FLASHING!!!11one0x31

(At least throw a blanket over the propellers if you are to lazy. )

Also check for correct operation before mounting the propellers.

Note that all settings is returned to default.

Have fun!
Thanks

Just flashed without issues using the eXtreme Burner ... just need to select chip 324PA (already in the list of supported chip) ... open the .hex file from downloaded zip file ... click on Write Flash .... and ... DONE ...

In my case I just unplug ESC and RX ... just naked KK board, power by the USBavr adapter-cable ... extra easy and extra safe ...

Tomorrow I will check if I can experience some difference ... old firmware was already good for me ... but having the source code now it open new dimensions.

Thanks again for your incredible work ... I will have to buy more KK2.0 ... since the old KK board, they just look so old and cheap

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Aug 08, 2012, 04:36 PM
Master of Flash
I had a ton of downloads last hours maybe the server was to slow and went into timeouts.

@David drop me a pm when you release openareo2.
Aug 08, 2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays
Yay! Now I can release OpenAero2 for the KK2
I'm waiting for it
Aug 08, 2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite
Thanks for the replay LZ. Yes I was online and the tool was set to online. I could see firmwares for other boards, just not the KK2.

I checked it again, and for whatever reason now it is working correctly.

Below is my log after I got it running... is the list supposed to reload several times?
Code:
INFO: Splash not loaded.
INFO: C:\Users\Kevin
INFO: Windows 7
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:07 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool setLocale
INFO: en_US
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:07 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:08 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:09 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool initGUI
INFO: Set the port from the properties [usb]: usb
Aug 08, 2012 2:31:09 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool checkVersion
INFO: Check the version: 0.63 online is version: 0.63
Aug 08, 2012 2:33:34 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
Aug 08, 2012 2:34:10 PM de.lazyzero.kkMulticopterFlashTool.KKMulticopterFlashTool getTempFolder
Thanks,
Kev
I know LazyZero is a nice guy ... but if you have a windows PC ... why you want to use his tool ? ... instead of a fully GUI flashing tool like eXtreme Burner ... I'm using version 1.2 ... downloaded somewhere from the net ... and it is working perfectly ... it take away all the risk and all the guess

Plus it has independent option for read/write EEPROM, FLASH and Fuse Bit.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Aug 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
Master of Flash
What risk and guess?

Kkflashtool is for the beginners and not so experienced users, that can use extremeburner or other tools.
Aug 08, 2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
I know LazyZero is a nice guy ... but if you have a windows PC ... why you want to use his tool ? ... instead of a fully GUI flashing tool like eXtreme Burner ... I'm using version 1.2 ... downloaded somewhere from the net ... and it is working perfectly ... it take away all the risk and all the guess

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Because KKflashtool is designed for flashing KK boards. If you are going to use eXtreme Burner you might as well use AVRstudio both of which wont work for Linux or Mac users.
Aug 08, 2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
I know LazyZero is a nice guy ... but if you have a windows PC ... why you want to use his tool ? Tchuss e_lm_70
1. Great tool that works
2. Translated into several languages
3. Keeps the repository up to date quickly - see how fast new KK2 fware was loaded?
4. Is on several rcgroup threads and can be contacted easily regarding issues
5. Supports flashing various boards and even ESC's
6. Option to configure firmware
and so much more!
Aug 08, 2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero
What risk and guess?

Kkflashtool is for the beginners and not so experienced users, that can use extremeburner or other tools.
Personally java stuffs, no gui ... sound more complicated

To me, eXtreme Burner is looking designed for unexperienced people

Anyhow, since you offer free tool, and extensive support online ... I can see why your tool is popular

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Aug 08, 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:

Tchuss

e_lm_70
I actually think LZ's tool is very user friendly, and it is all GUI AFAIK. I also use AVR Studio and Winavr for other projects, but for basic KK work I think the KK flashtool is hard to beat.

@LZ, yeah you must be right about the server. I've been watching progress, and it's taking an average of 6min to cache a 45kb zip form the quad repository. I'll kill the process to let others in; don't need those files right now anyways.

Kev

[edit: I noticed that "aircraft locator beep" feature on the new firmware. Sweet, now I have an excellent reason to flash the KK2 on my FPV quad. I got an e-mail notification about the ISP pin1 being closest to the buttons; forgot who it was that posted, but thanks!]
Last edited by Truglodite; Aug 08, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
Aug 08, 2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:

15: Added: lost aircraft alarm. Starts to beep (1 sec on and 4 sec off) after 30min of no activity (arm/disarm).
Now I know why alarm was not working for me
30minutes ... it is an eternity ... should be no more then 1 or 2 minutes

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: cppm mode, once activated I would expect that the kk2 board does not read anymore the rx signal with kept the 4 independent channels, instead it work in the same way independently by the configuration .... strange .. tomorrow I will plug my rx with cppm support ... it would have been nice to read also rssi (ppm), since most of rx that support cppm also provide rssi
Aug 08, 2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose
1. Great tool that works
2. Translated into several languages
3. Keeps the repository up to date quickly - see how fast new KK2 fware was loaded?
4. Is on several rcgroup threads and can be contacted easily regarding issues
6. Option to configure firmware
and so much more!
... and not having several unecessary buttons to click is great for the complete newb. The esc repository really helped me too; I used avrdude, but the hex files I downloaded elsewhere didn't work on my ss20-hw escs. Tgy.hex from LZ's repository did.

Kev
Aug 08, 2012, 05:21 PM
How to connect HK programmer.

Btw, in red soldered pin for voltage monitoring
Aug 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose
Auch

People should know that is all about read.write.verify the data in a atmega chip

The board, or esc ... doesn't matter ... what matter is the chip type, and source the right .hex file in case somebody want to make a flash

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: anyhow thanks for LazyZero for share his knowledge ... I was 'studying' his tips and info from his web site months/years ago ... a nice place for learn, mainly as a start
Aug 08, 2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isvedic
How to connect HK programmer.

Btw, in red soldered pin for voltage monitoring
Doesn't matter the orientation, if you do wrong nothing happen
If you do it right, then the lcd get a light ...

My cable for instance have to be plug in the opposite way ... but was a self made one ... one of the LazyZero tip if I recall right ... I got a 10pin usb programmer from ebay ... was the cheapest and I was unaware of the 6 and 10 pin plugs

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Quick Reply