Jul 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
Sorry rpedro, I just didnt think it looked very "ktm inspired" to me, but more just a copy.

but back to the real topic...
Hey Chris, Im in shock. What a bummer, especially right after the mm450 releases. Youve made an incredible contribution to the rc dirt bike scene, and to rc bikes as a whole too. Not sure why, or if your burned out, or something happened, whatever the reason it sucks but I wish you the best for the future.
Thanks I hope so and we'll see if it stands the test of time. Maybe later on I can come back and make a no compromises world beater bike, that would be nice.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
I hate to inform you guys that I no longer work at Venom/Atomik as of today. I hope the bike will continue to bring you guys a lot of enjoyment and thrills in the years to come. I will not be able to support the products and from here on out Im just a customer same as you. Im not planning on working in the RC industry at this time unless something attractive comes along or I decide to make my own company, only time will tell. Im taking a break from RC for a while.

I hope you guys can understand and keep the bike scene going forward.

Best wishes,
Chris Nicastro
Hey Chris, very sad news, sorry to hear, thanks for the great bike and I wish you all the best for future endeavors
I had some fun in the gravel pile out the front of my house. So good not to have to keep the gyro spinning.
MM450 (0 min 41 sec)
Jul 31, 2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Thanks I hope so and we'll see if it stands the test of time. Maybe later on I can come back and make a no compromises world beater bike, that would be nice.
I would buy one of those for sure. Would be nice. I understand the compromises made with this bike, still excellent job Chris you've really made RC dirt biking really easy and cheap for everyone. Good luck.
So I guess that's the end of any factory developments/ improvements now that Chris has gone. I hope not. Or let's hope the aftermarket guys start making more bits for this bike.
Last edited by chktm; Jul 31, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Jul 31, 2012, 11:53 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
Hey Chris, very sad news, sorry to hear, thanks for the great bike and I wish you all the best for future endeavors
I had some fun in the gravel pile out the front of my house. So good not to have to keep the gyro spinning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEqvb...e_gdata_player
Wow... so smooth over that gravel jump.... nice
Jul 31, 2012, 11:54 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Quote:
Well you KNOW I wish you the best... we talk a lot anyway so it's not like your gonna miss me... LOL

Good luck on your new venture, and if you need that help we talked about (at least the reviewing part) let me know
Aug 01, 2012, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
Wow... so smooth over that gravel jump.... nice
Here's some fun from today. Slow and normal. Amazing how slow you can go with this bike. Awesome.
MM450 (4 min 56 sec)
Aug 01, 2012, 09:19 AM
Looks like fun.I wouldn't know,i'm still waiting for egyro conversion.Maybe next year we will have the upgrade.
Aug 01, 2012, 12:35 PM
The only solution for this bike to really take off (sales) is to offer a roller version with a 250-300$ price range, I know I would buy a second one to go with my VMX.
Aug 01, 2012, 12:44 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntpower1
The only solution for this bike to really take off (sales) is to offer a roller version with a 250-300$ price range, I know I would buy a second one to go with my VMX.
I agree. It would deter those thinking of getting a cheaper vmx and upgrading to egyro. Unfortunately, it wont happen for long time.

chktm - Way better view angle. You put camera on a bucket or chair? What ever, it looks better. Hmm, I couldnt see the usual bobbing of riders head now that you mentioned it chktm.
Last edited by JohnnyMc; Aug 01, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Aug 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods
Looks like fun.I wouldn't know,i'm still waiting for egyro conversion.Maybe next year we will have the upgrade.
Hey Gurumods completely understand about the gyro, was peeved I couldn't get one for my VMX s . Resorted to buying new bikes. I was impatient and wanted it now. Am really glad I did because it's definitely worth it. Would be good if they offered a roller version or a basic kit.
Aug 01, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
I agree. It would deter those thinking of getting a cheaper vmx and upgrading to egyro. Unfortunately, it wont happen for long time.

chktm - Way better view angle. You put camera on a bucket or chair? What ever, it looks better. Hmm, I couldnt see the usual bobbing of riders head now that you mentioned it chktm.
Hey Johnnyfound a big box to put the camera on. The more I do the more I learn. Thanks for the tips too Johnny. Definitely see better. suspension feels awesome to be honest.
Aug 02, 2012, 05:41 AM
A bit of track work for Deegan, some wheelies camera roosts and slides. mostly slow mo as I can see things better. Lol
MM450 wheelies camera roosts and slides (5 min 26 sec)
Aug 02, 2012, 05:49 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Do you switch direction so you remember how to turn right? At least so your tires are not worn unevenly. haha. Ok, for real though, had you heard the suggestion by ChrisN about removing the footpegs? They do that over in Europe on the vmx especially on grass because the pegs catch. You can then consider length of crash guards for max lean angle, though your turning looks fine. (Warning - Ive seen pics of the toes ripped off. so not sure if good idea depending on if you like rider with toes or not lol)

Where you would really see how cool this is, is if you built up an inside rut for slow inside turning, but also build up the left side of that outside berm (where leaves are). You do that and build up a little more lip and you might be able to rail that whole berm. I know you got a bum knee sorry, not sure what you can handle. Its one thing Id like to see in videos some day, a soft loamy corner where rc dirt bikes after some riding build up a rut over time...now Im dreaming lol.
Aug 02, 2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Do you switch direction so you remember how to turn right? At least so your tires are not worn unevenly. haha. Ok, for real though, had you heard the suggestion by ChrisN about removing the footpegs? They do that over in Europe on the vmx especially on grass because the pegs catch. You can then consider length of crash guards for max lean angle, though your turning looks fine. (Warning - Ive seen pics of the toes ripped off. so not sure if good idea depending on if you like rider with toes or not lol)

Where you would really see how cool this is, is if you built up an inside rut for slow inside turning, but also build up the left side of that outside berm (where leaves are). You do that and build up a little more lip and you might be able to rail that whole berm. I know you got a bum knee sorry, not sure what you can handle. Its one thing Id like to see in videos some day, a soft loamy corner where rc dirt bikes after some riding build up a rut over time...now Im dreaming lol.
Ha ha Johnny actually I get twice the life out of my tyres because I wear out one side and then turn around and wear the other. Lol I have heard and seen the tip about the foot pegs ( I think the instructions even mention it ) but because of my suspension holding the bike up in its stroke in the corners ( the standard suspension can bottom in hard cornering on grippy surfaces ) I find the pegs hardly touch and the bar length is just right once bent slightly. I have left my riders feet loose this time though we will see how that goes. The berm down the other end is full but a lot slower, can rail that one great, will get some shots of more off the track and edit together. Not sure what I'm going to do with the track yet was waiting to see what the MM was capable of. When I first put the berms in they were sandy loam which the roost was awsome, looked great, but the berms blew out very quickly requiring constant maintaining. The hard clay doesn't move and just allows less track maintenance at the expense of grip. Will work on getting some different shots, I do sometimes go the other way on the track but just love that corner exit going that direction.
Aug 02, 2012, 10:08 PM
gravity tester
Looks pretty good Chris, you have your suspension set up nice!.....same here, i don't fasten down Deegan's feet....i like your track!

Quick Reply