Jul 21, 2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00
That is an AIO board, like I have.

I think you need to do some debugging on your serial to i2c converter, to confirm that it is actually outputting data. Do you have a spare arduino to play with?
No, this is the only board I have... should I order another converter or an arduino board? I am not a programmer...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09
You should be able to if the battery is 3S unless the whole thing is way overweight. If the battery is 2S, you may need bigger props.

Did you find your battery or connectors hot? Can you get one of those power connection boards and shorten the cables?
Got it figured!!! Messing around in the gui, I increased throttle pid to .89. That got it up off the ground!! This is what I did " " Now I have to get it stable.

Thanks A bunch TS00 and Wasp!! now on to the next challenge.
Jul 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWulf
Got it figured!!! Messing around in the gui, I increased throttle pid to .89. That got it up off the ground!! This is what I did " " Now I have to get it stable.

Thanks A bunch TS00 and Wasp!! now on to the next challenge.
Glad to hear it's flying :-) Just for the curious, which of the PID values did you increase to 0.89? (there are three values per axis)
Jul 22, 2012, 02:14 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by little nellie
No, this is the only board I have... should I order another converter or an arduino board? I am not a programmer...
I wouldn't bother with another board if you don't think you'll be able to write some code to debug it.

I'm going to look around for some specific info on the Crius i2c board, see what problems people have had. Sorry I can't help with more info right now.
Jul 22, 2012, 11:17 AM
I have the KK board and had programed it with the programmer that works with it.Should the GUI work with that board too? I connected it to the Crius board and the red led came on and the blue led flashed but when I click on the .exe to start the GUI it doesn't start. I can see that windows start running it for a second or two but I don't see the GUI on the screen.
Jul 22, 2012, 08:32 PM
I install the new Crius board in my nVader 600. With an afternoon of tweaking we took her out to the field. Winds were pretty high but she worked great.

nVader 600 2012 (3 min 9 sec)

Cheers Jerry
Jul 23, 2012, 05:31 AM
Discovery
I'm experiencing something weird with my crius se :

I can tune it pretty well so it flies stable, but when I give it full throttle it oscillates more and more until I stop giving it full throttle, if I keep doing it I suppose it's crashing but I never did.

My quad :

frame : tbs discovery
turnigy plush 30a
ntm 750kv
3s lipos
Jul 23, 2012, 12:57 PM

workbench for the Crius board and a gift for your girlfriend

Find a parfume (I used a 'Shiseido Zen', or find one with a similar top cap) for your wife / girlfriend and
convince her, that she does not need that huge (maybe you say *ugly*) plastic top cover of this stuff.
Keep that plastic cap! Drill 3 or 4 holes (M3) and you will have a perfect workbench for your Crius board.

The USB cable will not drag the board away anymore. Everyone will be happy ! She got a gift and you
are having a perfect stable board!

Last edited by wkm1; Jul 23, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Jul 23, 2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00
I wouldn't bother with another board if you don't think you'll be able to write some code to debug it.

I'm going to look around for some specific info on the Crius i2c board, see what problems people have had. Sorry I can't help with more info right now.
I got the GPS working.. DrTom from another forum pointed out where the i2c port is at for the CRIUS SE v0.2 board. Once connected to the right place, everything works....
Jul 23, 2012, 02:14 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by little nellie
I got the GPS working.. DrTom from another forum pointed out where the i2c port is at for the CRIUS SE v0.2 board. Once connected to the right place, everything works....
I'm confused - you said earlier you had an AIO, and posted a photo of how you had it connected that showed the Crius nano board connected to an AIO board.
Jul 24, 2012, 07:07 AM
Discovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulkar
I'm experiencing something weird with my crius se :

I can tune it pretty well so it flies stable, but when I give it full throttle it oscillates more and more until I stop giving it full throttle, if I keep doing it I suppose it's crashing but I never did.

My quad :

frame : tbs discovery
turnigy plush 30a
ntm 750kv
3s lipos
No one?
Jul 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulkar
No one?
What are your PID values, and what is the frame size?
Jul 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
I have been having a stange issue with my computer/multiwii board. Whenever I connect the board to the computer, it works fine. But after I unplug the board, my computer will not recognize any new hardware I attach. So this means that every time I unplug the board from my computer, I need to restart it in order to connect the board again. Also, after the computer restarts, I get an error message. Has anybody else had this problem or know how to fix it? I have windows 7. Thanks.
Jul 24, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hulk likes flying things
@need
try unplugging the usb connection from the pc. USB is supposed hot plug and play.
Poorly written drivers may not allow.
Jul 24, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hi

What's in fact the difference between these 2 boards? (except the price )
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mwc-multi...ard-quadx.html
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/crius-upg...r-v1-0-se.html

I searched through the topic but I just got to the 46th page and gave up

Quick Reply