Jul 17, 2012, 10:29 AM

Mqx ladybird hybrid

Sweet indoor bird, makes limited flying space seem bigger..
Cost about $ 85 buying all parts new
2 ccw Ladybird motor assy.
2 cw Ladybird motor assy
1 Mqx control board
1 Mqx mounting frame
Ladybird prop set
Thats all thats needed for the hybrid.
Added nose ball for orientation..
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Anyone have a bnf mqx they want to sell me?
Jul 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
Well my lhs offered to sell me one of these bnf for $130 so i took that offer. Should get it friday. Cant wait. Ordered a 550mah 25c hyperion battery for $10 for it as well. Should fly better with that battery.
Jul 17, 2012, 05:58 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
Well my lhs offered to sell me one of these bnf for $130 so i took that offer. Should get it friday. Cant wait. Ordered a 550mah 25c hyperion battery for $10 for it as well. Should fly better with that battery.
I run my Hyperions since last February. They still run strong and they are a better choice than the stock ones.
Jul 17, 2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis
I run my Hyperions since last February. They still run strong and they are a better choice than the stock ones.
I figured they would be. if I really like this thing, I will order some more Hyperions for it. rclipos.com has a great deal on them for $9.95 and free shipping. great customers service too.
Jul 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
I figured they would be. if I really like this thing, I will order some more Hyperions for it. rclipos.com has a great deal on them for $9.95 and free shipping. great customers service too.
Allerc sells 1s550mAh Hyperions (fits mQx) for ~US$6 each. Shipping was $5 total for me (in the US).
Jul 17, 2012, 08:41 PM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REPEAT.
I got 1s600mah turnigy nano-techs for like $2.50 @ HK. I picked up 5.
Jul 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama
Allerc sells 1s550mAh Hyperions (fits mQx) for ~US$6 each. Shipping was $5 total for me (in the US).
hmmm, good to know. for just one, rclipos is cheapest, but for 2 or more, allerc would be cheaper with $5 shipping. I prefer hyperion over turnigy. They hold their power better over the flight and last longer over time. get more charges overall.
Jul 17, 2012, 09:23 PM
Thought I would try and contribute something to the thread.

Blade mQX RC Helicopter (0 min 51 sec)
Jul 17, 2012, 11:31 PM
Registered Toaster
I went for both, why not? (Hyperion and Turnigy). I am still waiting on the Turnigy packs to arrive from HK though. I also have a couple 600mAh packs from Lighning Power that work really well, but they are a pain to unplug. the Hyperions are only a tad more difficult to unplug than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem
Thought I would try and contribute something to the thread.

I like the stealth look, do you have any trouble with orientation?

oh and cool helipad
Jul 18, 2012, 05:06 AM
I thought I would have a problem as well, with orientation. But actually with the black canopy, the white blades really stand out.
Jul 18, 2012, 05:52 AM
XRSMITH, are those motor mounts plastic or aluminum so they help dissipate heat? I liked the Ladybird for the possibility of indoor flying for my 7 month Winter, but didn't want to spend an additional $50 for the transmitter. Nice job!
Jul 18, 2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
XRSMITH, are those motor mounts plastic or aluminum so they help dissipate heat? I liked the Ladybird for the possibility of indoor flying for my 7 month Winter, but didn't want to spend an additional $50 for the transmitter. Nice job!
It's plastic. You may find more info about this hybrid here :
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1647401
Jul 18, 2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the link. I doubt anybody could find it otherwise It's interesting that the direct drive rather than the gear drive whines like it does.
There was discussion on HeliFreak a while ago about making those mounts out of aluminum to act as heat sinks.
Jul 18, 2012, 06:20 AM
I have held and compared both the WL Toys V929 and the Blade MQX last night. I would say most of the parts, most importantly, motors, booms and blades are interchangeable. They look identical and seem to have the same amount of teeth (I can't count those tiny teeth). I will try using these motors if I need replacements. I did not fly it enough for an impression, as it was a gift for someone else and did not want to ding it, but it seemed stable, and others have reported it flys quite well. I plan to buy the micro one (V939) when it comes out, since I already have a Blade MQX.

Quick Reply