Jul 10, 2012, 11:10 AM
kitesurfer
Thread OP
Discussion

Activating 3 position switch on turnigy 9x

hi guys,

ive been searching everywhere but i cannot find the answer.

all i want to do is assign the 3 position switch so i can select between normal, autolevel and baro hold.

but i cannot get any option to set and aux switch up for the fmode switch.
i can get all the other aux channels working but not this..

any help?(preferably not to get er9x)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
Atomic Playboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB
hi guys,

ive been searching everywhere but i cannot find the answer.

all i want to do is assign the 3 position switch so i can select between normal, autolevel and baro hold.

but i cannot get any option to set and aux switch up for the fmode switch.
i can get all the other aux channels working but not this..

any help?(preferably not to get er9x)
Try this video:
Turnigy 9x - Flaperons using 3 position switch (8 min 0 sec)

This should at least tell you how to set it up.

My 9x just arrived yesterday, I'll go take a look at it if I have time today, but that's a big IF. I'm also waiting on a Smartyparts board (on sale right now for $32) for it and I'm going to flash it with er9x before I even start using it. The stock menus on it suck, even compared to my DX6i. I would highly suggest considering er9x. Everything I read makes me think I'd be an idiot to NOT flash it.
Jul 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
Suspended Account
i tried to make 3pos switch to work on stock firmware but its not happening.
er9x went in.
Jul 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
This worked for my Eurgle version. You don't need page 5.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1334
Jul 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
RC Wannabe!
Cool, but i think that in order to have the 3 way switch enabled to control a channel we will need to flash it...

OT/
What's up with timecop posts again?
/OT
Jul 10, 2012, 02:08 PM
I won't be a happy camper when I get a Turnigy 9x and it doesn't work. Worked perfect on the Eurgle so I don't see why it wouldn't on a Turnigy unless they messed up the software.
Jul 10, 2012, 02:17 PM
kitesurfer
Thread OP
how do you get to the mix curve after putting the option to tune?
Jul 10, 2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
how do you get to the mix curve after putting the option to tune?
It's been a while and I no longer have that TX but I believe it's the same button you used to get into mix 6. "Menu" button I think on the right side of the TX. If not the Menu button then maybe hitting the top button the left side of the tx.

If that doesn't work then hit each button on the tx until you go in. Then post for us which button it was
Last edited by RCvertt; Jul 10, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Jul 10, 2012, 02:32 PM
This is what works for me. I use this on my MWC. Someone here claimed it didn't work for them, but it's worked every time for me.

1. Go to the AUX-CH menu and set CH6 to "PIT TRIM'

The Pitch Trim dial will be the "basis" for the mix, leave it at FULL, turned all the way clock wise.

2. Go to PROG-MIX menu and enter MIX 1, then enter the following settings

STATE ACT
MASTER FLP
SLAVE AUX (The first one)
OFFSET -100
UPRATE -100
DNRATE -100
SW NOR

3. Go in to MIX 2 and enter the following settings

STATE ACT
MASTER FLP
SLAVE AUX
OFFSET 000
UPRATE 100
DNRATE 100
SW ID2

That's it! Go to the DISPLAY menu and you can see that channel 7 is now being activated by the 3-position switch with low, mid, high output for the 3 positions. You can now connect channel 7 of your Rx to the Mode input of the MWC and it will activate the three settings.

Took me a while of trial and error to figure out.

(Note, you can turn the Pitch Trim dial all the way down and it will reverse the operation of the switch. Up will be High, mid-mid, and down will be Low if you prefer that configuration for whatever reason)
Jul 10, 2012, 03:07 PM
kitesurfer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeaudio
This is what works for me. I use this on my MWC. Someone here claimed it didn't work for them, but it's worked every time for me.

1. Go to the AUX-CH menu and set CH6 to "PIT TRIM'

The Pitch Trim dial will be the "basis" for the mix, leave it at FULL, turned all the way clock wise.

2. Go to PROG-MIX menu and enter MIX 1, then enter the following settings

STATE ACT
MASTER FLP
SLAVE AUX (The first one)
OFFSET -100
UPRATE -100
DNRATE -100
SW NOR

3. Go in to MIX 2 and enter the following settings

STATE ACT
MASTER FLP
SLAVE AUX
OFFSET 000
UPRATE 100
DNRATE 100
SW ID2

That's it! Go to the DISPLAY menu and you can see that channel 7 is now being activated by the 3-position switch with low, mid, high output for the 3 positions. You can now connect channel 7 of your Rx to the Mode input of the MWC and it will activate the three settings.

Took me a while of trial and error to figure out.

(Note, you can turn the Pitch Trim dial all the way down and it will reverse the operation of the switch. Up will be High, mid-mid, and down will be Low if you prefer that configuration for whatever reason)
this one didnt work for me.
Jul 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
kitesurfer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
This worked for my Eurgle version. You don't need page 5.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1334
this one almost works. but if i leave it with just 3 values, it doesn't give me +1,0,-1 ( i know these arent the real values, but a simple way of thinking about it)

it gives about 0.5 , 0.25 , 0
Jul 10, 2012, 03:58 PM
q {bld(); fly(); brk(); q();}
I managed to get mine to work when I got it, but it was a pain. After flashing to er9x I'm not sure why I ever bothered using the stock firmware.
Jul 10, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
this one almost works. but if i leave it with just 3 values, it doesn't give me +1,0,-1 ( i know these arent the real values, but a simple way of thinking about it)

it gives about 0.5 , 0.25 , 0
On page 3 set the curve to 100% instead of 75%.
On page 4 set the curve to 000% instead of 25%

This should make it similar to (+1, 0, -1) range.
If you are using the MultiWii or a board that gives you access to the code then it shouldn't matter where it moves to as long as it is three different places preferable with at least a 20 unit gap between each position.
Last edited by RCvertt; Jul 10, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
Jul 10, 2012, 05:15 PM
This guide worked for me:

http://www.dronevision.de/3426/baube...-konfigurieren

After you have set up the 3 way switch you can fine tune the middle position with sub trim and the +1 and -1 position with end point adjustments.
Jul 10, 2012, 06:18 PM
kitesurfer
Thread OP
cheers vertt. that got it working winner

Quick Reply