Jul 01, 2012, 01:35 PM
I am sure you guys will all hate me for asking the following question. I just do not want to look through all the pages to get my answer. So please ignor me if you don't feel like answering.
I do not want to pay $109 for the recommended power system. I'm thinking I'll use tower pro 9g servos and a cheaper motor and esc. What do you guys recommend for this?

It just seems so expensive to buy the recommended set up. And not necessary. Thanks guys!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2012, 01:52 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoitall
I am sure you guys will all hate me for asking the following question. I just do not want to look through all the pages to get my answer. So please ignor me if you don't feel like answering.
I do not want to pay $109 for the recommended power system. I'm thinking I'll use tower pro 9g servos and a cheaper motor and esc. What do you guys recommend for this?

It just seems so expensive to buy the recommended set up. And not necessary. Thanks guys!
i'm using all hk gear, except for my tail servos (some hs-85mgs that i had lying around) we will see if it works as soon as i finish my build (currently waiting for the glue to dry on the wing spar)
Jul 01, 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoitall

From HeadsupRC.com in the USA. Just look up the plane and this is what's recommended.

Recommended Power System, Components & Accessories:
Jul 01, 2012, 08:12 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
From HeadsupRC.com in the USA. Just look up the plane and this is what's recommended.

Recommended Power System, Components & Accessories:
Prof, If your going to answer questions like this you need to put some detail in there .... you totally forgot to mention a little dab of grease on the prop adapter to prevent the alloy from binding
Jul 01, 2012, 08:17 PM
Big Jim

Here is some fun flying last week

Love my cub
25 May 12 Cub and Glider time.wmv (9 min 13 sec)
Jul 01, 2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha
Prof, If your going to answer questions like this you need to put some detail in there .... you totally forgot to mention a little dab of grease on the prop adapter to prevent the alloy from binding
I love you Aussies.
Jul 01, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hobby King Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
I love you Aussies.
I was wondering what brand of coffee I should drink while
working on my Cub??
Jul 01, 2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber
working on my Cub??
Hey Kimber when are we going to see flight footage of the infamous cub??

I am still really jealous that you are into the planes with your partner ... I have to supply a financial report and costs justificaton monthly and then nothing more is heard or said until next months inquisition, ... unless my creative accounting is uncovered

I am selling my FC to a friend at the field ... he is going to teach his daughter with it ... can't think of a better way to force myself to open the NIB FC I have had for over 12 months

Oh and the coffee brand is irrelevant so long as it isn't one of those soy late' drivel woosey things or worse still ***decaffinated***!!
Jul 01, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hobby King Hater
I am getting an EasyStar,, because Brad failed to mention a helio he bought and
put him over the quota last month.

When we fly the Cub there will be video... We had a radio problem and
need to reset all the servos,,,,,,again....
Jul 01, 2012, 10:59 PM
well, i got most of the build done today (best way to spend a birthday ever!) all i have to do now is connect the control linkages for the tail and program my radio. should get a flight in on wednesday (i'm going camping tomorrow through tuesday) can't wait! by the way, i noticed that if i put the flaps down all the way they lock, and when i try to put them back up the servo pushes them down even more. am i doing something wrong? or do i need to adjust my servo travel?
Jul 02, 2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
I am getting an EasyStar,, because Brad failed to mention a helio he bought and
put him over the quota last month.

When we fly the Cub there will be video... We had a radio problem and
need to reset all the servos,,,,,,again....
EasyStar is nice but if you want a little more get up and go then get the AXN Floater Jet (AKA Clouds Fly) ... long term (IMO) much more fullfilling in what it can do..
Jul 02, 2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha
EasyStar is nice but if you want a little more get up and go then get the AXN Floater Jet (AKA Clouds Fly) ... long term (IMO) much more fullfilling in what it can do..
agreed.
Jul 02, 2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
I have G10 1100kv on it now
Hi,

What prop size are you using with the G10 1100 on the Funcub?

Thanks,

Ron.
Jul 02, 2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
working on my Cub??
Haven't you guys done the maiden flight yet? Haven't you had the cub for several months?

It took me 2 nights to get everything done, with cheap HK stuff. It was also my first build ever.

No need to make it perfect, it's a EPO, fly it, enjoy it and glue it together if it does crash
Last edited by beamen; Jul 02, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
Jul 02, 2012, 07:25 AM
CRASHING IS THE EASY PART
Hi all this will. Be asked for ever but how. Do u fix the vibration with. The engine mount????

Quick Reply