Jan 16, 2012, 06:03 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Hi there, JC (Bidule here on RCG) built a Rafale from plans some time ago

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=2#post7335149

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1252711

I think it was an Eddie Stahlie (spelling?) plan ? You might want to contact him (JC) directly ...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2012, 06:05 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
My friend Guy Hahn took a nice HD video of the Rafale twin 90mm a few weeks ago, thanks Guy !

Aeronaut Rafale Twin 90mm - Takeoff after sundown (4 min 18 sec)
Jun 22, 2012, 01:18 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
That looks like a good deal ! It seems all the bits are there.
Jun 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
Herb, I believe the fwd part of the intakes are missing. I was going to make a custom fit one using blue foam. The fuz, wings etc are in really good condition.
Jun 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer Driver
Why selling?

Ok, just saw the explanation!
Last edited by Jacques.Eloff; Jun 22, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Jun 23, 2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques.Eloff
Why selling?

Ok, just saw the explanation!
Wife !!

I've not flown anything in a good while, and I still have a half built Flair Mossie (could be next on the for sale list), unbuilt Lancaster, half finished Mig15 propjet and finally a quarter bullt Blackburn Buccaneer all ahead of the Rafale.
Jun 23, 2012, 04:15 AM
The missing intakes parts - are these the same as the parts shown in post #404?

If so, I could swear that I can see them in one of your pics (the pic with the dog!).

Or are you referring to something else?

Jacques
Jun 23, 2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
The missing intakes parts - are these the same as the parts shown in post #404?

If so, I could swear that I can see them in one of your pics (the pic with the dog!).

Or are you referring to something else?

Jacques
Those are the intake lips, which are with the kit.
Jun 23, 2012, 04:49 AM
Just looked thru the posts Jacques and I thought the missing part was similar to the intakes in post 1049, but I believe now I just have an earlier version of the kit which have f/g and polystyrene intakes.
Jun 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
That looks like a good deal ! It seems all the bits are there.
Herb (or anyone else familiar with this model) hoping you can help here: can you take a look at the pics on ebay - specifically the ones showing the intake ducts:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2510903337...#ht_879wt_1270

As you can see from the seller's posts upthread, he believes that either the front sections of the ducts are missing, or that it is an "earlier version of the kit which have f/g and polystyrene intakes".

From pics posted by others in this thread (eg post #1049) it does look like the ducts have separate front sections, which may be missing from this particular kit.

Can you comment? I would really like to take this model, and I am a reasonably adept builder, but my glassing experience is limited to repairing the odd bit of damage to composites. I don't really want to get into moulding/shaping work, etc.

Any comments/advice/opinion will be appreciated.

Jacques
Last edited by Jacques.Eloff; Jun 23, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Jun 23, 2012, 03:11 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Quote:
Herb (or anyone else familiar with this model) hoping you can help here: can you take a look at the pics on ebay - specifically the ones showing the intake ducts:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2510903337...#ht_879wt_1270

As you can see from the seller's posts upthread, he believes that either the front sections of the ducts are missing, or that it is an "earlier version of the kit which have f/g and polystyrene intakes".

From pics posted by others in this thread (eg post #1049) it does look like the ducts have separate front sections, which may be missing from this particular kit.

Can you comment? I would really like to take this model, and I am a reasonably adept builder, but my glassing experience is limited to repairing the odd bit of damage to composites. I don't really want to get into moulding/shaping work, etc.

Any comments/advice/opinion will be appreciated.

Jacques

I have the 120mm version (the kevlar version) and the intake setup looks the same, the pictures do show all composite parts needed but i can't say the same for the wood parts but that shouldnt be hard to fabricate.

Good luck.
Jun 25, 2012, 07:32 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Herb (or anyone else familiar with this model) hoping you can help here: can you take a look at the pics on ebay - specifically the ones showing the intake ducts ...Jacques
Hi, as far as I can tell all the bits are there. The intakes are btw FG, not plastic from what I recall.

I don't remember anything else being needed for the intakes.

It is nice that all the wood has already been cut out

The fan & retract installation is simpler for the single. Hope this helps, HWH.

Last edited by Herb; Jun 25, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Jun 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Hi, as far as I can tell all the bits are there. The intakes are btw FG, not plastic from what I recall.

I don't remember anything else being needed for the intakes.

It is nice that all the wood has already been cut out

The fan & retract installation is simpler for the single. Hope this helps, HWH.

Wooooooooo, the single Stu looks siiiiiiiiiick.....I like.

Which Stu unit is that???? Still haven't made my mind on what unit i'm going to power my rafale.........then again Im still working on my YA F16 so we have time.
Jun 26, 2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks for your replies, super kupfer and Herb. I have a £100 bid on the kit.

Jacques

Quick Reply