May 14, 2012, 07:12 PM
Any recommendations for what full wheel pants work well.
I seen this photo.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...%20fairing.jpg
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown
Any recommendations for what full wheel pants work well.
I seen this photo.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...%20fairing.jpg
yep that's my photo.
I was selling my used shapeways pants--sold.

to buy new:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/30623...eel-pants.html

shipping is steep so consider also getting the beefy prop adapter--
and/or order directly from ICU here on the forums. He might have some himself and shipping directly from him may be less. ICU is the designer of the pants I believe.
May 14, 2012, 07:42 PM
stuck elevator servo--creative solutions desired

1. replace whole brick--most likley--waiting on backorder
1.5 clean out elevator servo and lubricate a bit--helped some--not enough..
2. replace elevator servo (nope soldering and wiring too advanced for my skills)
3. reroute rudder servo and control arm to elevator . program dx6i to have rudder be on the right elevator stick? possible ? if so, how ? intermittent rudder no problem. intermittent elevator-big problem.
May 14, 2012, 08:08 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim
stuck elevator servo--creative solutions desired

1. replace whole brick--most likley--waiting on backorder
1.5 clean out elevator servo and lubricate a bit--helped some--not enough..
2. replace elevator servo (nope soldering and wiring too advanced for my skills)
3. reroute rudder servo and control arm to elevator . program dx6i to have rudder be on the right elevator stick? possible ? if so, how ? intermittent rudder no problem. intermittent elevator-big problem.
If this is a Beast3D you cant swap the control arms. AS3X would then be making pitch corrections on the rudder and yaw corrections on the elevator. Needless to say it would fly very poorly or most likely not at all.

looks like best option is to wait on the new brick.

-Brian
May 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4flyr
My last 2 flights on the 3s I have experienced LVC type cut off in the 1st min. Or so,battery was fully charged, landed oK but I am wondering what is going on, running 5030 prop, motor is fairly cool.
ANY input or cause would be appreciated.
Thanks,
KF
Update:
I have flown 2 180-3S Babbel Batts since above issue & now the LVC like symptoms ("touch wood") seem to have gone. The only thing I changed was the prop to a new 5030, It seems I had a light prop strike which cracked 1 prop tip & I am assuming that maybe the unbalance caused it to respond as low battery or overtemp.....go figure.

I am having so much fun I will likely need more 3S batteries !!
KF
May 15, 2012, 06:14 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Update:
I have flown 2 180-3S Babbel Batts since above issue & now the LVC like symptoms ("touch wood") seem to have gone. The only thing I changed was the prop to a new 5030, It seems I had a light prop strike which cracked 1 prop tip & I am assuming that maybe the unbalance caused it to respond as low battery or overtemp.....go figure.

I am having so much fun I will likely need more 3S batteries !!
KF
KF,

Excellent news!

When I first started flying (3S) in my B3D, my slightly out of balance prop was freaking out the AS3X system at WOT.
Once I got everything balanced it's been pure joy!

rc
May 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Parkzone junkie
I just posted my 3S opinion over on the other Beast thread here.

-Brian
May 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
I just posted my 3S opinion over on the other Beast thread here.

-Brian
Interesting comparison & may be worth a try. I assume you extracted the 3000 kV motor from the GeeBee ?
I hope I didn't miss it but did not cover any flight time differences, knowing that we all fly different power settings at times, but a estimate would still be interesting....
Thanks for your work in starting this comparison,
KF
May 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Interesting comparison & may be worth a try. I assume you extracted the 3000 kV motor from the GeeBee ?
The Stryker runs the 3000kv motor.
May 17, 2012, 12:54 PM
**I'm Battman**
Check out my B3D flying field...
Google Earth.
Search: 371 Eastland Dr. N. Twin Falls, ID

Ascension Field.
Perfect RC name.
Always empty during weekdays.
Comes with my own porta potty.
New restrooms currently being built just for me.
The Church leases the land to the Cily.
Recently the minister came out to check on me.
Just wanted to introduce himself and see if I was having a good time.
I'm spoiled!

rc
May 17, 2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
The Stryker runs the 3000kv motor.
Sorry if already asked but I am curious......
Does Stryker have same board/ESC as B3D for running 3S with confidence ?
KF
May 17, 2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
KF
No, it does not. It's very different with elevons and all, plus no on-board servos. I'm not sure anyone has tried the Stryker on 3S. It's so crazy with a 4040 prop and good batteries I don't think anyone has thought they needed to! But there are always those envelope pushers.
May 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
KF
Quote:
No, it does not. It's very different with elevons and all, plus no on-board servos. I'm not sure anyone has tried the Stryker on 3S. It's so crazy with a 4040 prop and good batteries I don't think anyone has thought they needed to! But there are always those envelope pushers.
The Stryker & Sbach use the AR6400NBL non-AS3X brick. If I remember correctly, running 3s in the Sbach turned out to be a crap-shoot.

Joel
May 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
The Stryker & Sbach use the AR6400NBL non-AS3X brick. If I remember correctly, running 3s in the Sbach turned out to be a crap-shoot.

Joel
Yeah that's correct, There were quite a few reported failures, even some at 12.0v

Quote:
I hope I didn't miss it but did not cover any flight time differences, knowing that we all fly different power settings at times, but a estimate would still be interesting....
Thanks for your work in starting this comparison,
KF
I bought a 3000kv motor from HH. I used a safety pin to remove and then reverse 2 wires from the connector so the direction would be correct. It was VERY easy, no soldering required.

Flight times are not going to be very useful as I think my brick is a "Monday" weak quality one. On 3S I can't fly any sustained 70% or more throttle without hitting OCP. So the flight times are a little longer than If I could really fly it hard. I guess comparatively speaking I was getting 5:30min to 80% with leisurely sport 2S flying on the 3000kv. And even though I've only had a few 3S flights I've been landing at 5min and been at about 65% discharge so it'd appear that for the same type of flying it's pretty close. Although I definitely do not have a lot of 3S data to confirm that. I'd assume that at the higher voltage the amp draw should be slightly lower for similar flying.

My last charge:
5:00 flying
battery 3S 180
put back 123mAh - 68%
to get to 80% would be 5:50 flying
.41mAh per sec on 3S

my average on 2S
5:00 min flying
210mAh MA battery
put back 150-160mAh
.5 - .53 mAh per sec on 2S 3000kv

my average 2S flying is much more hard aerobatics, not much 3D though. Even so a .1mAh per second draw is enough of a difference to get another min of flight especially considering its lugging another 8 or so grams of battery around.

-Brian
May 17, 2012, 11:11 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
I got one (3S) Stryker 4040 flight in a few months ago.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3583
WOW was she fast!
Flight attempt #2 cost me my brick.

For some strange reason, the AR6400NBL Rx in my Sbach doesn't mind 3S power.

rc

Quick Reply