May 12, 2012, 04:09 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHavana View Post
Thanks, guess I'll do that then. The CF flybar seems to be out of stock everywhere anyway. Plus I got a couple of extra stock flybars coming with the BNF.

Is this the right tail motor to get as a spare. A few people recommend the Bravo Sx part, but I can't seem to find the motor on it's own.
I never had a tail motor fail on me, but more than a few times the tail motor wires had been severed. Takes a delicate touch to solder them back on, but it's doable.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
Heli Mania
I covered the end of the tail motor where the wires come out with some black silicone ... keeps them protected and safe.
May 12, 2012, 04:45 PM
As many times as I have gotten this stuck in trees, and crashed, never had a problem with the wires. Motor popped out once, but never again.
May 12, 2012, 05:02 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
MrHavana, the xtreme CF flybar rod is known to be pretty fragile, it will snap in two after some crashes. (Ask me how I know.) An alternative is to install the paddles on the stock flybar. This is described in MassiveOverkill's blog (I hope it's still there), as well as buried in this thread somewhere. This is what I do now, I ilke a shorter flybar, so I just cut the weights off and jam the paddles in from the larger holes on the other side of the paddles (not the hole where the CF rod goes). Good luck.
Well, for me the CF flybar was a VERY worthwhile investment and it finally snapped a few days ago after way more than 100 flights with many hair raising crashes!!
(but of course, everybodies mileage will vary - when the CF flybar finally snapped, it also was in a rather unspectacular crash ...

Anyway, while it was on, I was not even able to INDUCE a flybar strike ... and I will not go back to "stock". IF I did however, I would not use the V911 original flybar, but the "original" SP260 or 270 flyar (for the 270 it is also necessary to install the 270 rotor head!)
Oh, I I would not "jam" the paddles on from the "other" side, I would enlarge the hole with a #50 drill bit and put them on from the "right" side ...

... but thats just me,)

(how I did the 270 flybar is HERE:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=170
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
May 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Brosol

V911-XTreme with Tail Rotor Shaft Drive

Was up all night doing mods & just finished flight testing my V911-XTreme heli with Walkera 4G3 parts based Tail Rotor Shaft Drive.

Too tired so just a sneek peek for now, more info later:

Brosol: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post21595120

Brosol: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post21159745

May 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I covered the end of the tail motor where the wires come out with some black silicone ... keeps them protected and safe.
I've had the wires break and did the exact same thing as you. Works great.
May 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
Are you sure this is even a v911 anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Was up all night doing mods & just finished flight testing my V911-XTreme heli with Walkera 4G3 parts based Tail Rotor Shaft Drive.

Too tired so just a sneek peek for now, more info later:

Brosol: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post21595120

Brosol: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post21159745

May 12, 2012, 08:34 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)

Tx Issues

I posted awhile back that my Tx after X number of battery cycles went wonky.

I've just been waiting for the return address to send it back to...which never arrived so guess what...like all modders I said $@%* it and tore the Tx apart.

There's a few solder points to un-do to get it totally apart but it seems to have been worth it.

I pulled all kinda silicone glue hair sized strings out of it (maybe causing a bad or short connection?)...blew it out really well with canned air...and found about 2.5-3inches more antenna wire stuffed down in there.

SOO...I modded the stubby antenna with a small hole in the side and a bit of antenna tubing to run the 'surplus' antenna wire through just to get max signal, at a 90 degree angle of course. And yep, The antenna wire does extend all the way to the end of that tube.

And so far after 4 batteries not ONE FREAKIN GLITCH. My guess is it was either the silicone threads or dust that blew out but man this stock V911 is a blast to fly now. 5 minute battery times and rock solid all the way.
Last edited by BD Murdock; May 12, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
May 12, 2012, 08:44 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)

Tx Issues

Deleted
May 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

Deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmito View Post
WHY ARE YOU TWO SREAMING AT EACH OTHER ?
He's having hearing problems that's why he shouted out so loud right at the start. If I don't shout back, I doubt he'll hear me.
May 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I'd heard a lot about the 808 #11 key cam, so I got one to see for myself. $30 on ebay, plus about $7 for a micro SD card. Well worth the money. Anyway, had a few minutes to kill while the wife is out running errands.
Did you try mounting it to the V911? I mounted another tiny cam to my V911 but the videos were extremely jerky.

May 12, 2012, 11:34 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Did you try mounting it to the V911? I mounted another tiny cam to my V911 but the videos were extremely jerky.

The v911 is probably not the ideal platform for mounting a camera. My experience has been that they tend to vibrate, wobble, and shudder excessively. But I will give it a go anyway, time permitting.
May 13, 2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman65_79 View Post
the main shaft?

If it was me, I'd just stay with the stock metal one.
I'm back to the stock shaft on all three.
What a waste of time.
Just didn't fly right.
I think the larger diameter was binding where the shaft goes through the main frame between the bearings.

Sometimes the designers know what they're doing.

Engineers like me have to mess with success... It's what we do.
May 13, 2012, 01:45 AM
Well, my attempt to fix my tail motor failed miserably. Inserting the smallest of embroidery pins into the holes where the wires came out of the motor did work, but I don't think it got a good enough connection. Failing that, I attempted to try and solder the wires back to it. That didn't work either and ended up melting the plastic stuff on the motor back.

Oh well, such is the way for a noob heli pilot! At least the replacement main motor for my 9116 should be here on Monday. Now I'm contemplating ordering a spare BNF V911 from Banggood. These "cheap" helicopters aren't so "cheap"!
May 13, 2012, 03:02 AM
im pretty new to rc helis as well. Only had a cheap 3ch kmart $25 special and a coaxial 4ch one. The V911 is easy to pull appart and put back together and replace parts without breaking it. You get a booklet with it and part breakdown of the heli so you can see where everything goes when you do pull it appart. I'd recommend replacing your swash IF your heli suffers from the wobbles. I hardly ever get flybar strikes except if try to do crazy corners rather than flying smooth and even then it hardly crashes. I've crashed mine *alot* and even ran it into the concrete stairs at full speed and it still has never broke one part on it. And even if you do further down the track you can get a whole new copter for less than $30 sent to your door. I'd definately recommend the v911, its tough as and cheap and flies well.

Quick Reply