May 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
Look ma, no hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
I've been--for the last 2 weeks--alternately destroying parts and rebuilding my helis so much that I'm about ready to take up R/C cars. I've now torn down two helis, took the parts and reassembled one good one from all the best parts. And, after running 3 batteries, I've crashed it 3 times trying to get it adjusted right. The 3rd time was the charm and now I'm back at the bench. Oh, and did mention that all of these crashes were just in my garage???

You won't believe what I finally came up with, though, rebuilding from spare parts. I have parts from the SR120, the Solo Pro 328 and the Blade CX3 + Xtreme, Microheli and a couple of parts I don't know where they came from. I have some SERIOUS junk yard projects. Now if I can just keep the thing in the air with duct tape!!!!
Hmmm... brings to mind that old Clint Eastwood movie "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". The ugly guy built an awesome revolver from a mixed bag of piece parts... Hey Sax, looked in the mirror lately? Just sayin'...
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; May 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2012, 03:23 AM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
Do you think she will know I have been flying my 120SR ?
May 11, 2012, 05:12 AM
Run now Micro, while you have a chance!
May 11, 2012, 05:54 AM
but is the heli okay?....
May 11, 2012, 05:57 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro2000
Dude! You are so busted!
May 11, 2012, 06:00 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim
Hmmm... brings to mind that old Clint Eastwood movie "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". The ugly guy built an awesome revolver from a mixed bag of piece parts... Hey Sax, looked in the mirror lately? Just sayin'...
ROTFL!! I am SO ugly!!
May 11, 2012, 06:21 AM
Wind you go around in circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
There is no charge light. After a few hours it'll get to 5.6 volts and that'll be it.
Hi, There is no charge light, just make sure the TX is off. Let it charge all night. The most I ever show is 5.7 volts, a new TX will take about 10 hrs for a full charge. After using mine for a few flights I just charge overnight. I have not had any problems doing so.WS
Last edited by Wind Spirit; May 11, 2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Sorry clicked the wrong name
May 11, 2012, 06:24 AM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coptafeel
but is the heli okay?....
fortunatley the heli is good to go, unlike me
May 11, 2012, 06:34 AM
Wind you go around in circles
Quote:
Blame it on the neighbors cat.
May 11, 2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Is your swashplate level? CAUTION: Don't stop at half a turn or you may find the holes in the links too tight for the balls ...
I think the link ends for the servo arms are symmetrical to allow for 1/2 turns.
May 11, 2012, 07:56 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Is your swashplate level? You might have to adjust the length of the servo push rods to level it. The plastic links are threaded onto the metal rods. Try turning them each one full rev ccw; this should tilt the swash forward. CAUTION: Don't stop at half a turn or you may find the holes in the links too tight for the balls on the flybar.
Thanks Pilgrim. I'll start working on that and see how it goes.
May 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
micro, I just love the first aid you rendered to that poor plant. You should build a mini pair of crutches

Mike.
May 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
Look ma, no hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT
I think the link ends for the servo arms are symmetrical to allow for 1/2 turns.
I thought so too but in rebuilding my heli this week I could only get the dog bones onto the links one way. It wasn't the dog bones - they went onto the flybar easily.
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; May 11, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
May 11, 2012, 09:14 AM
Look ma, no hands!
Quote:
Hey, they were due for a good pruning anyway. It's your story - stick to it!
May 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
100k parts vibrating in unison
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
... I upgraded my 120SR today with the MH aluminum rotor head and Xtreme flybar. Must have moved the CG aft and can't keep it in the air without it tilting backwards. ...
I keep reading references to the MH aluminum rotor head on this thread, thing is, Microheli doesn’t even make an aluminum rotor head for the 120SR!

Yet people keep replying to these posts like they know what they’re talking about, even through the part doesn’t even exist!

The first step in helping someone is to Understand The Question.

Am I missing something here?

Randy

Quick Reply