May 01, 2012, 03:37 PM
nice video mate there were a couple of near misses there but yes very nice flying Today I tried it with the servo mod but it was very windy and I crashed into a wall after about 2 minutes flying!! only bent flybar and scratched canopy which I have already straightened out and tested indoors to see if it flies ok and it did!! very tough heli it took a real twack against the wall and come out unscathed!! The canopy has a bad scratch and will probably get a new one in future with the spare flybar that I will try to mod with paddles.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2012, 04:00 PM

Servo mod

Some people, ask me for place a pics of the servo mod for MJX F45

Its really easy, but for those who dont know what do i mean, here are the pics

1.- Try to gen an extra aleirons servo with arm, for MJX F45, (you can use an other if you have but must fit in the place of MJX frame, almost standar)

2.- take the aleiron servo arm cut it keeping 5 holes,

3.-with a sand paper or dremel, reduce the squares,

4.- use the aleiron servo arm, as a elevator servo arm, and the elevator arm instead aleiron arm,

5.- now you have the link in the 5 hole in elevator servo arm, and in the 4 hole in aleiron servo arm, (if you got an extra aleiron servo arm, you can place the link in the 6 hole, maximum)

Finish, know you have more movement in your swash plate, that allows you fly better in the wind.
May 01, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona
nice video mate there were a couple of near misses there but yes very nice flying Today I tried it with the servo mod but it was very windy and I crashed into a wall after about 2 minutes flying!! only bent flybar and scratched canopy which I have already straightened out and tested indoors to see if it flies ok and it did!! very tough heli it took a real twack against the wall and come out unscathed!! The canopy has a bad scratch and will probably get a new one in future with the spare flybar that I will try to mod with paddles.

I really do not recomend the flybar mod, even with paddles, I already tried and is not good

let me explain you

if you use a paddles insead weights, you will have a really slow flybar effect, that probabbly makes you dont able to fly. so that would be a downgrade.

if you place ligther weights, in your flybar, yes, you will have better response, from your swash plate, and a better flight times INDOORS, because a light weights in outdoors, its a really bad time, the wind will make with your heli what he wants

I had quit of that mod, I got noticed, that for better response in outdoors and wind, we dont need, a paddles, or lighter or shorter flybar, we need a hardder blades,

because the stock ones bends too much, (that makes them allmost undestructibles, and makes you heli pretty stable,) and that rest you response.

If you really want an upgrade, for out doors, try this blades:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtreme-Fiber...ht_2626wt_1139

http://www.pimp-my-helicopter.com/wo...ch-id-105.html

and I will recomend you also this mod

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtreme-Motor...item19d0587c63

12 th pinion for your stock motor or for this motor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESKY-Honey-b...item20b2ab9dac
May 01, 2012, 04:56 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonbm
I really do not recomend the flybar mod, even with paddles, I already tried and is not good

let me explain you

I had quit of that mod, I got noticed, that for better response in outdoors and wind, we dont need, a paddles, or lighter or shorter flybar, we need a hardder blades,

because the stock ones bends too much, (that makes them allmost undestructibles, and makes you heli pretty stable,) and that rest you response.
I agree completely with the blade issue. As I mentioned in previous post, I have a set of honeybee wood blades and a set of super skids blades on the way.
Both are a little longer but only 10 dregrees pitch where the MJX is about 12 degrees. The stiffer blade and less pitch will give higher head speed as well as more response.
May 01, 2012, 06:36 PM
Question BThirsk:
You put the shims on the blades? I have a heat sink on the motor and the
shims on the blades. My very unscientific test seems to show that the
combination has the motor running cooler. This is indoors in a gym where
the temps seem to remain constant. Is it my imagination or what/
May 01, 2012, 06:38 PM
Thank you so much guys for all the mod and picture I'm glad I found this forum because you guys have saved me from buying a suck heli and go with the f45..
May 02, 2012, 06:08 AM
this morning I went out a bit earlier than usual for work and decided to fly my F45 near a palace and managed to film a little bit from my mobile fixed it on my car's window hehe next flight will try a small mini cam attached to my sunglasses or something like that.

F45 flight after servo arm mod (3 min 5 sec)
May 02, 2012, 06:53 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly
Question BThirsk:
You put the shims on the blades? I have a heat sink on the motor and the
shims on the blades. My very unscientific test seems to show that the
combination has the motor running cooler. This is indoors in a gym where
the temps seem to remain constant. Is it my imagination or what/
The heat sink made mine run cooler as well, but more so if I am doing more hovering. I was practicing nose in hovering and landing on all my Helios and the motor on the F45 runs cooler.
Under aggressive flight, it did not seem too make as much difference. I think the canopy is a little too air tight. I am going to add several cooling ports to get air movement under faster forward flight.
I also got the extreme 10 degree blades. They look good, but are not a good choice for the application. The wooden blades have an aluminum insert for mounting that needs to be drilled out. One came loose during drilling. I removed the other after it was drilled and the is not enough meat to hold them in anyway.
I filled the holes with JB weld and will try to see if I can make them work for testing, but I don't expect them to live long.
May 02, 2012, 07:00 AM
Pity abt the blades Bthirsk there goes my next mod out the window then since I was planning on trying different blades!! That's not to say I m unhappy with the way it flies now but making an improvement is always a bonus especially for me that like flying fast and low!!
May 02, 2012, 07:13 AM
Another off the wall idea. I have one of the DH 9118 coaxials. Looking at the blades it looks like they use the same mount as the F45. I am thinking about
taking a set complete with their mound and put it on. I don't know the pitch and this would only be an experiment to see what would happen. The blades are a bit longer and wider at the base.
May 02, 2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Another off the wall idea. I have one of the DH 9118 coaxials. Looking at the blades it looks like they use the same mount as the F45. I am thinking about
taking a set complete with their mound and put it on. I don't know the pitch and this would only be an experiment to see what would happen. The blades are a bit longer and wider at the base.
Good luck on your experiment hehe. Don't forget that you have to match the size of the ball links on the mount and their position as well since the F45 blade mount has the balls really far out! I have been trying to find a 1800 or 2200mah lipo with the same dimensions of the stock battery but have been unsuccessful so far guess I ll get one that is a little bigger and mount it under the heli between the skids!
May 02, 2012, 07:37 AM
I was not clear I am only talking about the blade part itself. The part that holds the blade. It has the same size and placement of the screws (I think)
that is what I am about to find out. Looks can be deceiving.
May 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
I was not clear I am only talking about the blade part itself. The part that holds the blade. It has the same size and placement of the screws (I think)
that is what I am about to find out. Looks can be deceiving.
They probably will fit fine. I had some 9053 blades that would have worked, but I gave that heli to my grandson. The blades where a little wider and had more pitch so I felt the would slow down the head speed which is not what I want.
I still have a set of super skids blades coming so will try those.
I have filled the holes with JB weld epoxy, drilled new holes and filed the blade mounts to the correct thickness and pitch angle, so I will try the extreme blades anyway for a test. As I said, I don't expect them to live long.
May 02, 2012, 02:48 PM
Brent 黑雁
I got the Extreme wooden blades to fit. Tracking needs a little adjustment.
I only did a short test, but seems very responsive, yet still hovers well.
May 02, 2012, 03:05 PM
Update on my experiment.
Background: I have 2 F45's and I first flew them both stock. I then put the heatsink on the motors and shims on the first one. As I stated earlier it seemed to run cooler. Today I put the DH 1918 blades on the second one.
However, no shim.. I flew them both in the same room under the same conditions and found the first one with stock blades and shims ran cooler.
The second one with the DH blades but no shims ran a lot hotter.
The DH blades seemed to have a bit more lift and took less throttle to lift off.
No calibrated fingers so still a guess. Tomorrow I will have the shims on the
second heli and we will see what I get. I wonder if anyone else feels like doing something like this?

Quick Reply