Apr 24, 2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyracer
I sell plasma every other tuesday, I collect empty soda bottles and aluminum cans. The nickles and dimes add up quick. My family knows me for the addict that I am... On my birthday, everyone gives me LHS gift cards... and sometimes they'll throw a couple of $10 bills in the birthday card.

Flyracer
good post! I can relate
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2012, 10:36 PM
im not sure if this will effect the plane alot but my elevator is a little uneven like the left side of the elevator is a tiny bit lower than the right side. would this effect 3d performance?
Apr 24, 2012, 10:40 PM
3d NOOBular
As long as they are close you will be fine. Nothing you can't trim out.
Apr 24, 2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
The removable liner pretty much trumps concerns about longevity as long as the parts are inexpensive. That is pretty sweet
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=OSMG1533&P=Z

looks like the only part you really dont want to lose is the carb! i can however vouch for its goodness at carburating!

Looks like you could do a top end on this engine for about 158 bucks.....

Cylinder liner
Piston
PIston ring
head gasket

of course more if you need to replace the connecting rod/piston pin/ bearings etc etc but i think you would have to run it on straight gas to ever need to replace all that though. this engine isnt strained a bit hauling the slick around.
Apr 24, 2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
As long as they are close you will be fine. Nothing you can't trim out.
well i cant trim it out im using just one elevator servo
Apr 24, 2012, 10:46 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry
well i cant trim it out im using just one elevator servo
No you can't trim it out with just the elevator... honestly I don't see it making one bit of difference unless it is a significant difference. If it does hurt it at all it will induce a little roll that will be trimmed with aileron and rudder. You will trim it out just like any other small imperfection in an airplane. No worries.
Apr 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
No you can't trim it out with just the elevator... honestly I don't see it making one bit of difference unless it is a significant difference. If it does hurt it at all it will induce a little roll that will be trimmed with aileron and rudder. You will trim it out just like any other small imperfection in an airplane. No worries.
see this is how i know i need to fly it cause im staring at the plane to long so im finding small problems lol
Apr 24, 2012, 10:55 PM
3d NOOBular
My 51" has that problem with the elevator and I have never had it be a big issue. Especially when huckin
Apr 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah venom she'll be fine as along as it's not drastic.
There problems with electrics as well as with gas. alot comes with knowledge.
But one thing for sure once you fire up that gasser and she roars down the runway, everything seems worth it.
there is nothing that beats the smell and feel of a gasser.
Apr 24, 2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Yeah venom she'll be fine as along as it's not drastic.
There problems with electrics as well as with gas. alot comes with knowledge.
But one thing for sure once you fire up that gasser and she roars down the runway, everything seems worth it.
there is nothing that beats the smell and feel of a gasser.
hopefully within this week ill have it flying i dont know if anyone else has one but i think i might put my gopro camera inside the cockpit and make the camera my pilot i think that be cool
Apr 24, 2012, 11:06 PM
if you do please post it.
Apr 24, 2012, 11:18 PM
this is a vid of my carbon z flying with a gopro on it. its ok but it was my first try at recording it so its not that great.
Carbon-z Yak 54 (4 min 19 sec)
Apr 25, 2012, 08:49 AM
this might have been asked before but what oil are you guys using for break in process and after break in? is there a certain brand that works best with the dle 30
Apr 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry
this might have been asked before but what oil are you guys using for break in process and after break in? is there a certain brand that works best with the dle 30
Just use Stihl HP Ultra oil at 32:1 from the day you start it till the day it dies
Apr 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410
OS have a (removeable) steel liner inside the cylinder instead of a plated aluminum cylinder.

its a small weight penalty but should enhance durability.

steel ring +steel cylinder liner should be reliable IMO.... no plating to peel off/wear thru if she gets lean every once in awhile..... Once the ring get seated it should be there awhile

I'll let you know when mine stops
I would rather have less weight to be honest and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a plated cylinder! That stuff is very hard and is made not to wear...just the ring wears. Plenty of places you can send it off to get re-plated too if need be......Dirt bikes have used that technology (Nikasil) for many years now. I did the pistons/rings in mine and my kids dirt bikes every year and the cylinder always looked perfect after a season of abuse. Take a bit of sand paper and clean it up and throw in a new piston and rings and you are done.

Venom, the DLE is a fine engine. I have at least 50 flights and she runs perfect and makes a lot of power. It really is a great match for the 71" SLick

Quick Reply