Apr 15, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, just got my mQX a couple days ago Love it , can't fly it worth a darn, but I'm trying. I thought since I can fly my V911 prety good the quad would be a cinch. Not so, handles like it's on ice. I bought the bnf and a spektrum 5e, never used a tx like this so maybe that's the problem. Anyway a real gas and now I'm hooked on quads. Just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice I'm finding here and now back to reading, only 3,000 more posts to go!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer
Boy, that's a good price on that battery! HobbyKing has a Turnigy battery for about that price too, but the $20 + shipping wipes out any savings.
Shipping is only $3 for small orders. You can order 3 or 4 batteries and still be under 100g and get the $3 shipping. I have 3 batteries on the way from Hobbyking because I wanted the nanotechs.
Apr 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Here are the batts I bought. Three for 19 and some change shipped priority. Took about two days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8#ht_500wt_969

600mAh 35-70C
Last edited by FoggyFPV; Apr 15, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Apr 15, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hi Guys,

There is probably a more appropriate thread to ask this in, but here goes.

When putting together components for a quad (i.e. control board, ESCs, motors, receiver, etc.) how do you know what the appropriate VOLTAGE battery to use to power everything? It seems each has it's own requirements.

Thanks,
Apr 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram
Here's a really short video from a tail-in perspective of two front flips with the stock battery on board..
Very cool, thanks for the vid! I am losing far more altitude in mine but I have my t/a and d/r set to only 100%. Need to try with full deflection as well. Can't wait to fly it outdoors again. I need more batts!
Apr 15, 2012, 04:36 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4rc
Very cool, thanks for the vid! I am losing far more altitude in mine but I have my t/a and d/r set to only 100%. Need to try with full deflection as well. Can't wait to fly it outdoors again. I need more batts!
Thanks. I have another one uploaded but I realized after I upped it that the song in the background says the F-word a few times...lol. I'll post it but if anyone is easily offended or has tots around then turn your volume down BEFORE HITTING PLAY. There's my warning I hope it suffices. Anyway these are corner flips for lack of a better term.

WARNING 3 Curse Words in the background song. Mute if you are easily offended. Otherwise it's a great song, IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exwz5...ature=youtu.be
Last edited by FoggyFPV; Apr 15, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Apr 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Thanks. I have another one uploaded but I realized after I upped it that the song in the background says the F-word a few times...lol. I'll post it but if anyone is easily offended or has tots around then turn your volume down BEFORE HITTING PLAY. There's my warning I hope it suffices. Anyway these are corner flips for lack of a better term.

WARNING 3 Curse Words in the background song. Mute if you are easily offended. Otherwise it's a great song, IMO.

Great flyin' and great tune!

b
Apr 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
fotoflyer, I was interested in what guys were getting out of that heli. I have personally gone to a brushless conversion on my CX-2 since decent 180 size brushed motors aren't readily available anymore. The guys on the 350 thread started having reliability problems with the 380 size motors on that one and I lost interest.
Apr 15, 2012, 05:14 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
Great flyin' and great tune!

b
Hey, thanks. Yeah, I really like Mumford & Sons and some of those other hipster bands; Avett Bros and the Black Keys. It's not my first love in music but it's pretty good, imo. I think I might be heading to Bonaroo this year even though I'm really too old for that kind of thing anymore...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4rc
Another way to keep from losing altitude I think is a steady increase in throttle just before the flip then cut throttle right as it flips and increase again after it rights itself. I have far from mastered it but it's getting a little better each flight. It's tough on props though. I've bent most of both sets practicing (corner flips anyway). They seem to bend right back into place though.
Last edited by FoggyFPV; Apr 15, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Apr 15, 2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis
i have never seen any poster so far claiming a repair for $75-$95, never mind three times. I agree probably he does not own a Mqx.
lol

$7.50-$9.50

Sorry bout that.
Apr 15, 2012, 09:32 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toywizard
lol

$7.50-$9.50

Sorry bout that.
Now we are talking. What a big difference a decimal point makes.
Apr 15, 2012, 09:57 PM
Cranky old fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash
Hi Guys,

There is probably a more appropriate thread to ask this in, but here goes.

When putting together components for a quad (i.e. control board, ESCs, motors, receiver, etc.) how do you know what the appropriate VOLTAGE battery to use to power everything? It seems each has it's own requirements.

Thanks,
7.4v or 11.1v would be the most likely. Most brushless motors will run on either of these voltages, but 11.1v will provide a lot more kick. Other components are fine with these voltages.
Apr 15, 2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
7.4v or 11.1v would be the most likely. Most brushless motors will run on either of these voltages, but 11.1v will provide a lot more kick. Other components are fine with these voltages.
Thank you, it just seemed odd to me that there were so many options in batteries, yet the other components rarely even specify voltage requirements.
Apr 15, 2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Here are the batts I bought. Three for 19 and some change shipped priority. Took about two days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8#ht_500wt_969

600mAh 35-70C
That looks exactly like the Turnegy nanotech battery I was looking at on HobbyKing. They sell it fo $2.58.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=20385

They are currently out of stock but they DID have stock yesterday when I looked.

Three of these batteries would be $7.74 plus the $3.00 shipping mentioned above would be $10.74! Your price for the same batteries from eBay was $19.92.

Oh well, we always find out about a better deal AFTER we order!
Apr 15, 2012, 11:10 PM
Québec!
i have 3 of these on hand but haven't got the chance to try it yet since its been really windy last past days. all i can say is that they weight 16.17g each (14.23g stock eflite) according to my scale.

Quick Reply