Mar 19, 2012, 02:26 AM
Junsi.

To simplify my request. I would like to be able to see how many mAh my flight has drawn after landing.

/Håkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank
I have a Powerlog 6S and a question. Is there a way to have the mAh NOT to reset when I throttle down to 0A? As it's now it will reset itself when 0A flow after about 5 sec.
Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2012, 10:02 PM
Just fly
Sorry for digging up an old question, but cant seem to find the answer let alone the question....

When connecting my 6S lipo at full charge, my reading a cell 4 is always way out. At 80% discharge or storage voltage it seems to be ok.

Can someone please tell me what is the fix for this problem?

I have a powerlog 6
Mar 24, 2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank
Junsi.

To simplify my request. I would like to be able to see how many mAh my flight has drawn after landing.

/Håkan
I think you are talking about the function of capacity, in the page8 of the manual.
Mar 24, 2012, 12:52 PM
Indeed.

Problem is the value is reset to zero again with no flow of current after about 4 seconds..

/Håkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveday
I think you are talking about the function of capacity, in the page8 of the manual.
Mar 26, 2012, 09:14 AM
"When there is no current flowing through T-Plug, if the displayed current is not zero, please press <▲>+<▼>+< > for 3 seconds" that is the original design from Junsi.
Mar 27, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hi
After the update i got the error: "ERR: Flash Memory" and it does not save any logging data. All other functions seem to work fine.

Any solution?
Thanks
Apr 08, 2012, 06:52 AM
UPz
UPz
Hi all!
I'm new here and I have a newby question:
I'm not into RC and I don't have very deep knowledge on electronics.
I'm considering buying a PowerLog 6S from hobbyking, to make my work easier.
I'm into flashlights world, and I review flashlight for several sites. I've been using a home made system (webcam+multimeter+timer) to grab the runtime on the diferent modes and record the current draw at every minute.

With the Powerlog I will be able to record Amp draws, cell volts and temperatures... which is very valuable information, but I'm not sure if it will work with single battery flashlights, NiHM or Li-Ion.

Will the powerlog 6s log data from a 1.2V NiMH powered flashlight?

I don't know if it can work with less than 4.5V, as stated on the manual.
Aslo, I don't know if it needs a external power supply (USB or battery).

Thanks in advance for your help!
Apr 08, 2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by driveday
"When there is no current flowing through T-Plug, if the displayed current is not zero, please press <▲>+<▼>+< > for 3 seconds" that is the original design from Junsi.
Thanks. I think it did the trick!

/Håkan
Apr 09, 2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPz
Hi all!
With the Powerlog I will be able to record Amp draws, cell volts and temperatures... which is very valuable information, but I'm not sure if it will work with single battery flashlights, NiHM or Li-Ion.

Will the powerlog 6s log data from a 1.2V NiMH powered flashlight?

I don't know if it can work with less than 4.5V, as stated on the manual.
Aslo, I don't know if it needs a external power supply (USB or battery).

Thanks in advance for your help!
If the battery connected to the main power port doesn't supply enough voltage for the PowerLog6S, supply it power via the servo or temp probe ports. An RX pack purchased at your local hobby store should work fine. I'd purchase a five cell NiMH pack built using 2000 mAh or larger cells. A four cell pack (very common) is cutting it a bit close, a five cell is a better choice.
Apr 09, 2012, 09:03 PM
ancora imparo
Also, if you are logging to a PC, the USB connection will supply the necessary power. No extra battery required in that case.

You could use the USB connection plugged into a USB car charger/wall wart as another option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan
If the battery connected to the main power port doesn't supply enough voltage for the PowerLog6S, supply it power via the servo or temp probe ports. An RX pack purchased at your local hobby store should work fine. I'd purchase a five cell NiMH pack built using 2000 mAh or larger cells. A four cell pack (very common) is cutting it a bit close, a five cell is a better choice.
May 01, 2012, 12:40 AM
In addition to the manual for the Powerlog 6s, are there any youtube or other videos available to show basic use?
May 11, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hi

Ive just bought a CellLog 8S, and cannot use LogView (stuck on a mac)... Im guessing my choices are a mac version of the fabulous-looking LogView - or of AJH's simpler display tool from 2009 - neither of which seems likely! - OR info on the serial settings for terminal software?

Can anyone provide the serial settings? I can download/send the logfile, but get lots of junk, as I dont have the serial speed, parity etc right. I guessed it might be 115k speed, but expect 8N1 parity and CTS flow control, but it is apparently not.

Then I'll have to work out what format the data is in (specs for Open Format, anyone?) but this comes first. Im hoping Excel does a pretty good job these days? All I need to do is locate a few dicky batteries!

Any suggestions please?
barns from oz
PS Im using a mac laptop with CoolTerm for Mac; I have 6 harnesses set up to monitor 150V worth of 45 LiPo ThunderSkys. Battery management error light comes on as soon as I put my foot down, but pack still charges to full (~154V) each cycle... now looking for a dicky battery or three
Last edited by barns_from_oz; May 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: added more questions...
May 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
AJH
AJH
AJH
"Can anyone provide the serial settings?"

128000-N-8-1, no flow control.

The repeated data fields will be of the form:

$1;1;;3945;3933;3938;3939;3930;3937;0;0;23622;20
$1;1;;3945;3933;3938;3941;3930;3937;0;0;23624;29

Decoding is left as an exercise for the reader. Clue: The above was a 6 cell LiPo.

AJH
May 12, 2012, 10:34 AM

Thanks, AJH for the serial and data formats...

Many thanks for the quick reply; nevertheless, so far Im snookered, as you will see below....

But first, is it true you are the person who wrote the 'simpler' display tool? As you can see I have no idea if this is a reasonable question, but is a mac version possible?

I ask because the serial specs you mention dont exist when I look at 2 bits of mac serial term software. They only know about speeds NEAR 128,000... specifically 115,200 and 230,400 bps. What a challenge! Should I keep looking? Ask the developers? Can the CellLog be persuaded to output at any other speed? A secret menu, perhaps?

Seems there are multiple standards for serial speed. That's what I like about standards, so many to choose from... :-))

Cheers, barns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJH
"Can anyone provide the serial settings?"

128000-N-8-1, no flow control.

The repeated data fields will be of the form:

$1;1;;3945;3933;3938;3941;3930;3937;0;0;23624;29

Decoding is left as an exercise for the reader. Clue: The above was a 6 cell LiPo.

AJH
May 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
AJH
AJH
AJH
"is it true you are the person who wrote the 'simpler' display tool?"
Guilty as charged.

"is a mac version possible?"
Not from me - I can't even spell Macin??, but I'm reliably informed that other programs of mine that use the same serial comms and graphing routines run on Windows emulators on Macs.

"A secret menu, perhaps?"
I have no information from the device manufacturer, I simply reverse engineered the data stream. I would think it unlikely, as the achievable Baud rates will be fixed by the processor clock speed.

Out of curiosity , I downloaded the Windows version of CoolTerm. Near the end of the help file there is a section entitled:
"Adding extra baudrates to the selection in Connection Options"

I did as instructed and got it to listen to my CellLog at 128000, successfully reading data shown in my previous post. I would expect the Mac version to be similarly capable.

AJH

Quick Reply