Mar 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD rc boater View Post
Rik,

Since you have both the Impulse 31 and the Spartan, which do you like better? I am thinking of getting one those 2 boats.
[COLOR="Navy"]Hey SD,I forgot to answere the million dollar question.......Impulse or Spartan?....well both out of box are great...the Impule runs on 14v...spartan 22v...so right there is huge....Impulse is a little more flat on the bottom,so its a little more unsteady in rough H20,..Spartan...more length,deeper V...and really screams.....ya like[ Mike said already for me.......Spartan.........but I can slam the trim tabs down and go 5s on Impulse and see....this Saturday maybe I will try and get Vid.....hope all that mumbo jumbo helped...lol................... ./COLOR]
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikyrik2112 View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]Hey SD,I forgot to answere the million dollar question.......Impulse or Spartan?....well both out of box are great...the Impule runs on 14v...spartan 22v...so right there is huge....Impulse is a little more flat on the bottom,so its a little more unsteady in rough H20,..Spartan...more length,deeper V...and really screams.....ya like[ Mike said already for me.......Spartan.........but I can slam the trim tabs down and go 5s on Impulse and see....this Saturday maybe I will try and get Vid.....hope all that mumbo jumbo helped...lol................... ./COLOR]
WHat are the hulls made of ? So out of the box Spartan is the better of the two ?
Mar 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy View Post
WHat are the hulls made of ? So out of the box Spartan is the better of the two ?
[COLOR="Blue"]Yes true to this...Impulse..fiberglass....Spartan Plastic.....My exact spartan had a collision with my Geico a while back with the original owner before I got it...lets see my Fiberglass geico cracked made whole and had too epoxy and the whole thing...my Spartan just discolored a bit and little crease....drop my Impulse 1 foot of the floor and chipped and broke gelcoat....drop Spartan from 1 foot and nothing.....so Im not sure anymore....one more,....My mini mono slammed straight into metal skimmer at 25mph nothing to the body but a tiny bend on the nose...if it were glass...mmmnnn I dont know.......video of that mini,mono slam you can see one page back....so I really am re thinking that plastic deall......"So Far"......we shall see in the long run after months of choppy running...[../COLOR]
Mar 28, 2012, 10:09 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
All good stuff Rik, you are da man !!
Mar 29, 2012, 12:07 AM
rLu
rLu
Rik,

Thanks for the pictures. I can not believe that I missed the sub!

rLu
Mar 29, 2012, 03:54 AM
Age quod agis
Thanks Rik. I was thinking fiberglass hull, but now you got me thinking the plastic Spartan hull is one tough SOB!

Oh yeah, did I see a video camera on that yellow Neptune submarine? Any underwater video from it?

Now you have a t-rex 400 or was it a 600? I can't remember, anyways you have the perfect heli to mount the Gopro to now.
Mar 29, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'll put in my $.2 on the spartan question since I built one from a bare hull. Unless you plan on running it with the stock electronics it's OK, I guess. But if you plan on modifying it then you might as well throw all your electronics in a bucket full of water and at least enjoy the smoke up close because there is no way you will ever tape it down to where no water gets in to the hull when it eventually flips. And it will flip! lol

The Impulse isn't really a good boat to put against the Spartan anyways. The Pursuit is better suited to be put up against that boat and is a much more stable and better handling boat for 1/4 of the price.

And keep in mind that glass is reparable for just a few bucks. Spartans need new hulls for $100. But everything has it's limits
Mar 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
Age quod agis
I like your thoughts on the matter Losi. Where does one find the Pursuit?
Mar 29, 2012, 08:57 PM
I was going to say in my garage but I sold mine before it even hit the water. Had a real nice Leopard 4082 2200kv motor that I never got to get we ether. Oh well, I sold all my boat and related parts now. Concentrating on having fun riding my street bike and trying not to get killed by drivers checking their Facebook status updates from behind the wheel, lol.

One finds it here:https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16603 When you sign in it's $198 shipped to your door. This is a perfect motor for it on 4S, 2P:https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17698 That's the motor I had in my Spartan and it moved like hell with a 48mm carbon prop on 4S, 2P. 6S, 2P was way too much, IMO even with a 42x55 prop. A T-180 will handle ether voltage just fine as long as you run an external BEC.
Mar 30, 2012, 03:26 PM
Ok whos going out Saturday...
Mar 30, 2012, 08:11 PM
Longhorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmoto View Post
Ok whos going out Saturday...
I'm In !...
Mar 31, 2012, 02:51 AM
EJE
EJE
I'm in too!!!
Mar 31, 2012, 08:53 AM
Thread OP
I'm out!!..................the Door to HD!!!....lol...
Mar 31, 2012, 10:55 AM
Grumpa Tom
The Violator's are hanging out in the drizzle right now I imagine. Cold and wet Saturday morning.
Mar 31, 2012, 04:38 PM
some what irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
The Violator's are hanging out in the drizzle right now I imagine. Cold and wet Saturday morning.
annnnd that is why I took the wife and #3 son to see 21 Jump street

Quick Reply