AND
Height < some threshold THEN MOTOR OFF

just my two cents.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2012, 08:50 AM
The Flying Circus
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV
Two days ago AHI of my RVOSD5 gave me some problems. During a short flight AHI began to malfunction. I landed immediately and I did some tests that you find in the video below. You will see that the AHI sometimes turns on itself, turn upside down and sometimes is blocked. You will see that I set Neural AHI several times but nothing. I have connected battery in RVOSD first and then battery in current sensor. I make the tests both with rx frsky connected and disconnected and RV board is oriented correctly. I think there is a malfunction and maybe it is better that I send RVOSD to you for a repair. My RVOSD5 is one of the first ordered on 06/23/2011.
My RVOSD5 is one of the first ordered on 06/23/2011 with order 14144.

I just try to Contact Range Video support two times with contact page form but no response came. Please reply to me with some indications on returns because I would like to repaire RVOSD and restart to fly... thank

Here you can find the video:

http://vimeo.com/38508064
Replace the top board.
Mar 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
The way of being is doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn
Replace the top board.
Do you mean that I have to replace with this ? http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=259

But maybe just a repair ?.. and perhaps it is better that RV check the two boards. Anyway I'm a fan of Range Video OSD and one of the first owner of the GEN5 but now I'm a little disappointed because from two days none reply from Range Video support.
Mar 16, 2012, 10:19 AM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
Quote:
Do you mean that I have to replace with this ? http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=259

But maybe just a repair ?.. and perhaps it is better that RV check the two boards. Anyway I'm a fan of Range Video OSD and one of the first owner of the GEN5 but now I'm a little disappointed because from two days none reply from Range Video support.
Get ready to wait for a long time, in my opinion RVOSD is dead on my list...
Mar 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
I had the exact same issue a few months back. Had to send it back to RV for repair. It took a little over a month to get it back. But it works great now.

Quote:
Two days ago AHI of my RVOSD5 gave me some problems. During a short flight AHI began to malfunction. I landed immediately and I did some tests that you find in the video below. You will see that the AHI sometimes turns on itself, turn upside down and sometimes is blocked. You will see that I set Neural AHI several times but nothing. I have connected battery in RVOSD first and then battery in current sensor. I make the tests both with rx frsky connected and disconnected and RV board is oriented correctly. I think there is a malfunction and maybe it is better that I send RVOSD to you for a repair. My RVOSD5 is one of the first ordered on 06/23/2011.
My RVOSD5 is one of the first ordered on 06/23/2011 with order 14144.

I just try to Contact Range Video support two times with contact page form but no response came. Please reply to me with some indications on returns because I would like to repaire RVOSD and restart to fly... thank

Here you can find the video:

http://vimeo.com/38508064
Mar 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
Registered Loon
Quote:

But maybe just a repair ?..

i had the same problem ,

i changed the bearing in my motor and fitted a new balanced prop , problem solved
Mar 16, 2012, 04:07 PM
His issue is not related to vibrations caused by an out of balance motor/prop. The motor isn't running. RV replaced my OSD when mine had this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrat
i had the same problem ,

i changed the bearing in my motor and fitted a new balanced prop , problem solved
Mar 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
Today Range Video support send me a new graph board. Great.. I hope to restart to fly soon and I can truly be considered satisfied of RV support. Thanks Vova and thanks Alex.

It's easy to replace the graph board ?
Mar 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
The Flying Circus
Plug n play.
You got spare clear plastic heatshrink?
Mar 17, 2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Plug n play.
Do you know a shop which sells wide clear plastic heat shrink to cover RVOSD? Thanks
Mar 17, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sirach 6:7-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp
Do you know a shop which sells wide clear plastic heat shrink to cover RVOSD? Thanks
You can buy on ebay. I forget the size but search in this thread and you will find it. Also, you can carefully slit the old one off and put it back on with some Scotch Tape.
Last edited by CN I Dawg; Mar 18, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
Mar 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Plug n play.
Yes, Vova put heatshrink in the package also.
Mar 18, 2012, 03:25 PM
On a holiday?
Regarding heat shrink tube, this one works great: http://www.ebay.com/itm/66MM-42MM-PV...item7914af59ba
Mar 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
The Flying Circus
Heres my latest effort from Downunder. Its my latest platform, a 3.1m flying wing called BigAss. It carries 30,000mAh of 3s lipos. (6x 5000/3s).

Max distance 24km (15 miles). I engaged the RTH at about 12k out and was a passenger for the last leg of the flight. The autopilot tracked perfectly, right down to zero, and then orbited waiting for me. It was beautiful to see, like a cruise missile, or homing pigeon. At one stage I removed my goggles, put down the RC and walked 100m from the GS. I phoned the plane, and it responded with an SMS of its coordinates. I love this stuff.
Congratulations to Alex for a truly brilliant piece of software and hardware engineering.
Cheers
Frank

Tapanappa to Newland Head, South Australia. Flown with Dragon Link and RVOSD Gen 5 (11 min 3 sec)
Mar 19, 2012, 12:54 PM
Quite an accomplishment, congrats! What exactly did you phone on your plane? Or do you have you planes full specs posted somewhere?

Quick Reply