Mar 05, 2012, 04:22 AM
Maiden>Confident>Cocky>Crash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Holy Cow! 1 minute? That sounds like my Habu32. I kill the power in that and do one complete circuit around my field and I still come in too hot sometimes. Anyways, enough about my plane. Again, that was really cool. I hope to maybe get one when they are back in stock. What size servos, esc and motor are you using?
Anyone tried reverse-thrust? Works pretty well on my AXN CloudsFly e-glider. Only change required is to re-program the ESC (can only do with certain brands of ESC though).

Hey Opt (fellow Kiwi) where did you bring your X8 in from?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2012, 04:27 AM
Night flier
For the price of this model plus shipping i would rather go for a large glider and FPV it. Just smacks a bit of a rip off to me. Its only foam and a bit of wood. I can get a 3M glider plus motor and folding prop for Ģ149 shipped in 2 days. I like the X8 dont get me wrong but i rather just go for the glider plus you can easy get over a hours flying if you know wot ur doing.
Mar 05, 2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws
you can easy get over a hours flying if you know wot ur doing.
So why do you think the X8 will not glide.
BIG wing, light (remember made of foam and a few pieces of wood),
install a folding prop and a vario and have fun with it.
Much easier to install stuff then a small glider fuselage.
Mar 05, 2012, 06:00 AM
Real Time Recon
How about a Ballistic chute inside that big fuse,as seen here. If deployed at 100 ft. or so That would allow for landing in a tighter spot >>> http://www.flyingmag.com/brs-parachute-recovery-systems
Mar 05, 2012, 06:26 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Just whack a couple of but glider style air brakes on the wings. That'll let you drop it where you want. It'd be an easier mod than a parachute. And you could abort the landing safely should you need to.

CJ
Mar 05, 2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001
Any chance of seeing installation photos of the FY31 with batteries and all other gear in place? We had to throw our FY31 in front of the front bulkhead as 24 amps of battery took up almost entirely the whole central payload area.
FY31AP position should be near the C of G - otherwise it will not work efficient
Mar 05, 2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001
Any chance of seeing installation photos of the FY31 with batteries and all other gear in place? We had to throw our FY31 in front of the front bulkhead as 24 amps of battery took up almost entirely the whole central payload area.
hereīs the chance to see a photo
Mar 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet72
FY31AP position should be near the C of G - otherwise it will not work efficient

Why would that be the case?
It has no idea where it is located in the plane just how much it is tilted in any given direction and the degree of tilt is the same regardless of location.
Mar 05, 2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans
Why would that be the case?
It has no idea where it is located in the plane just how much it is tilted in any given direction and the degree of tilt is the same regardless of location.
the guys from feiyu tech told me that....think they know how their products work
Mar 05, 2012, 09:41 AM
FY does not HAVE to be at c of g... yes it will peform better at c of g but really it atually performs quite well of c of g in the front back direction.

Steve
Mar 05, 2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
FY does not HAVE to be at c of g... yes it will peform better at c of g but really it atually performs quite well of c of g in the front back direction.

Steve
Originally Posted by jet72

it does not have but it should be...thatīs what i wrote
Mar 05, 2012, 12:53 PM
Every part of the fuse rotates exactly the same as every other part of the fuse at the same time, near the CG or not.

ian
Mar 05, 2012, 01:07 PM
I don't own an FY31AP (or any of that family), but from what I understand it has integrated accelerometers as well as gyros? If this is the case and it's using the accelerometer inputs to base it's stabilisation on, then it would seem to follow that it could make a difference where you place it.

e.g. putting an accelerometer on the outside of a bicycle wheel would read different than were it closer to the rotational centre/axle.
Mar 05, 2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Every part of the fuse rotates exactly the same as every other part of the fuse at the same time, near the CG or not.

ian
Indeed. That's relatively straightforward to understand for the mathematically inclined, but absolutely counter-intuitive for the mathematically declined.

Still, accelerations and vibrations are different in different parts of the fuse, and they can adversely affect the performance of a gyro and the control system built around it to some extent. As it happens, the smallest extremes typically occur near the CG.
Mar 05, 2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon

ian
21. FY-31AP installation: Orientation, Position and level
a) The FY-31AP has an arrow printed on the top of it. Orientate the
arrow towards the front of the craft (i.e. direction of flight).
b) When installing, please keep the FY-31AP horizontal and as close as
possible to the "Centre of gravity" (COG) of the aircraft.(as the
following diagram)

so point 21.b. in the feiyutech manual is just for fun?

Quick Reply