Mar 02, 2012, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Walkera DEVO 10

Another new Walkera Devention Tx:
http://www.devention.com:82/en1/part...jsp?pn=DEVO_10
http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=449

Now that's really like the old WK-2801 Pro, only plus 2 channels...
Last edited by FDR_; Mar 21, 2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Corrected the lost link
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_
Another new Walkera Devention Tx:
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=DEVO_10

Now that's really like the old WK-2801 Pro, only plus 2 channels...
From the single picture the screen certainly seems more like the 2801 than the devo 7 - could really do with more screen shots to confirm that its the same all the way through - for instance is the definition of the screen high enough to allow graphs for the pitch and throttle curve screens ?

Also looks to have a USB port which is another improvement on the devo 7

Regards David
Mar 02, 2012, 07:54 PM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
I will buy this TX!

http://www.walkera.com/cn1/devo10/devo_10_index.html
Mar 02, 2012, 09:00 PM
maybe somehow someone could take the software from the devo 10 and put it into the devo 7
Mar 02, 2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM
Ah man, my google seems to be broken and wouldn't translate that for me...
Mar 03, 2012, 02:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream
maybe somehow someone could take the software from the devo 10 and put it into the devo 7
For what purpuse?
The hardware is quite different...
Mar 03, 2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream
You'd need to replace the screen too.

The RX801 is now less than $30. Now Walkera just needs to put out a line of (not with 3 axis gyros) micro receivers for Devo transmitters.

Quote:
For what purpuse?
The Devo radios are all built around STMicroelectronics ARM Cortex9 based microcomputers so the hardware is actually very similar. That's why they can be sold so cheaply, Walkera didn't design anything custom for these radios they just put them together with off the shelf components. All of the R&D work was already done for them, even the OS used by the radio (it's the same OS used in other STMicro based mobile devices such as pocket oscilloscopes). The days where you had to design custom ASICs to build something like this ended several years ago. There's really no advantage to it anymore when off the shelf technology can do the same thing just as well and at a fraction of the price.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 03, 2012 at 06:30 AM.
Mar 03, 2012, 07:45 AM
I have noticed that the devo 7 is being sold dirt cheap. Is this the low end replacement?
Mar 03, 2012, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
Quote:
For what purpuse?
The Devo radios are all built around STMicroelectronics ARM Cortex9 based microcomputers so the hardware is actually very similar. That's why they can be sold so cheaply, Walkera didn't design anything custom for these radios they just put them together with off the shelf components. All of the R&D work was already done for them, even the OS used by the radio (it's the same OS used in other STMicro based mobile devices such as pocket oscilloscopes). The days where you had to design custom ASICs to build something like this ended several years ago. There's really no advantage to it anymore when off the shelf technology can do the same thing just as well and at a fraction of the price.
I have ment the display, the USB port, the plus potis and perhaps some switches too.

How do you mean "off the shelf"? I know the use ST ARM controllers, but it would only mean that every computer is "off the shelf".

Can you ellaborate more on the hardware and software of DEVO's please!
I have started to look into the firmwares and the libraries. (I wrote a little program to create or edit the dfu files.) The goal: I want to change (dismiss) the on/off tunes (beacause they are quite annoying! ), and replace the background of the edited values to increase the visibility.
It would only need editing of the library without disassambling the firmware...
Mar 03, 2012, 08:21 PM
I was going to get the Devo12S but if this has basically the same screen as the 2801pro I will be getting this.....for a fraction of the cost and most of the features of the Devo12 this is a no brainer for me. If it ends up being like the Devo7 then I may just bite the bullet on the 12S
Mar 03, 2012, 10:37 PM
A DEVO series with 2801 interface would be nice. I actually like the 2801 interface. Is faster than the DEVO 6. Less clicks to get to the correct page. For example, setting pitch or throttle, you have to go thru a drop down menu to pick a stick position before setting a pitch point. That is a waste of time. 2801 you just set one, then go to the next point with one press of the button. Buttons give you good feedback, so you can go faster.

Now if they make one size of DEVO 6 and 2801 interface, that would be the best.
Mar 05, 2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:

Can you ellaborate more on the hardware and software of DEVO's
http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=362

Apparently they use the same CYRF6936 chip in their transmitter moduel as the WK2801. So Walkera was lying when they said it was impossible to add WK2801 compatibility. Apparently the chip is under direct control of the motherboard and could do WK2801 or even DSM2 with nothing more than a firmware update.
Mar 05, 2012, 05:37 AM
Depending on price and reviews I may get this as a backup radio. I like the screen on the devo 6 as well as some of the features (telemetry, etc.), but I agree with benmlee there are some extra steps involved in order to set some things.
Mar 05, 2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher
Depending on price and reviews I may get this as a backup radio. I like the screen on the devo 6 as well as some of the features (telemetry, etc.), but I agree with benmlee there are some extra steps involved in order to set some things.
It's selling for $140 with receiver.

Quick Reply