Feb 16, 2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme_robinson View Post
flew the 4S this morning - they are good though not massively faster than 3S - definitely more power on tap to pull up. Anway, experimenting with my flaperons after the second battery died I got into trouble & did a nose landing. Not pretty - however I think I can do my gyprock tape and epoxy thing to rebuild the front end, though the skids crumpled up and I had to cut it off halfway up the fuse. The rest of the body seems fine. I have some video and will post if I can swallow my pride enough to edit & post.
Radjet patched up and in the air again. Video of the crash and repair here with post repair flight footage.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2012, 11:07 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
Heres a few pics.

I cut a section of the turtle deck out to keep the esc up high to allow heavier packs to go back underneath it (when i run 4S). The esc will be nice and cool up there too.

With the pack in this position, the COG is right on the point recommended in the manual. However i believe it flys better 10 - 15mm further back.

You can see where i've dremelled the fuse to take the pack. You'd have to go a bit lower (and / or higher???) to fit the 4S

I'm still working on the best method to attach the esc and lipo.

Hoping to get it finished this weekend for a maiden before i go back to work.
is the battery in this picture a 3 cell or 4 cell? what c rating is it?
Feb 17, 2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Radjet patched up and in the air again. Video of the crash and repair here with post repair flight footage.
Well done on the rebuild, I'll have to keep that repair in mind for the future.
Feb 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
I ordered last night a 1800mah 40c 3 cell and a 1800mah 30c 4 cell to use in my radjet. Skylipos. According to measurements, those should fit the easiest. I like how sky lipos are very hard and flat and dont puff out.
Feb 18, 2012, 11:05 PM
Got to do a maiden speed run this morning!

My setup is:

Turnigy 2836 2350kv
Nanotec 4s 1000mah 45-90c
Turnigy Superbrain 60 amp
Apc 5x5

Max rpm : 29k
Max amp: 44amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Thats the exact same set up im going to use.

Good luck with the maiden. and remember to get Video

Yes I did get the speed run video, from 2 cameras! I just need to edit it all.

I got 117mph (188Kph) !

The speed runs look awsome on camera.
I didnt muck around with 3s, went straight to 4s so I have no idea how fast
it is on 3s.
Now what Im going to do is try different props to see if I can break the 200kph
barrier!
Feb 19, 2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake View Post
My setup is:

Turnigy 2836 2350kv
Nanotec 4s 1000mah 45-90c

Yes I did get the speed run video, from 2 cameras! I just need to edit it all.

I got 117mph (188Kph) !
thats impressive for such a small 4S battery, but then the motor is very strong - I've got one in a parkjet. Look forward to seeing the video.

I also had a couple very nice Radjet flights this morning in near perfect conditions. Finding it very steady and easy to keep level in passes. I suspect that's to do with the heavier battery I'm using which is actually counterbalanced with some lead weight at the end of the fuse. I like my jets a bit heavy rather than a bit light, though of course that impacts on top speed. If the Rad survives till it burns out the standard motor I will be upgrading the to the Turnigy you are using I think.
Feb 21, 2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
thats impressive for such a small 4S battery, but then the motor is very strong - I've got one in a parkjet. Look forward to seeing the video.
Here you go :P
HK Radjet 800, Unboxing, 4s Setup and Flights (8 min 53 sec)
Last edited by The_RattleSnake; Feb 22, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
Feb 22, 2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake View Post
Here you go :P
Thanks for posting that Rattlesnake - nice vid. I won't be putting that motor in my Radjet any time soon though! I was wrong about having one in my parkjet - I've got a 2432 in that - but I have the 2836 in my larger Flyjet and Skyfuns and it turns those planes into rockets so I can't imagine being able to cope with that motor in the smaller radjet.

I did some passes this morning on my 4S Ratj... , er Radjet, and dopplered the video with the Android app rcspeedo, a fun little app and at 4 bux a bit cheaper than the onboard speedo or radar gun. Its pushing out over 80mph on the 4S and standard motor which is pretty decent I think and certainly fast enough for me. The motor seems to be coping just fine with 4S too, no sign over overheating. If I kill it I plan to install a Turnigy 2432 but maybe that won't be needed. The video shows just this mornings runs but I dopplered my earlier videos too and got a highest reading of 83mph. Here it is:

Radjet morning passes.
Feb 22, 2012, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Thanks for posting that Rattlesnake - I can't imagine being able to cope with that motor in the smaller radjet.
Radjet morning passes.
From my experiance, its alot easyer to fly a plane at those speeds than
it is to watch someone fly at those speeds, because you know where it
it going next. Someone watching has to wait for the plane to change course
and then try to follow it.

Its not as hard you think!

The hxt900 servos seemed to handle it fine and I have more faith in the Orange RX's than I do the genuine Spektrum ones. O_o
Feb 22, 2012, 09:59 AM
Has anyone had problems with their four cell battery getting too warm due to lack of airflow? Or are those bottom two air vent holes sufficient?
Feb 22, 2012, 01:21 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
with the stock motor its fine. Your just not drawing enough amps to worry about it. My battery came out cold each time after 5 flights
Feb 22, 2012, 02:56 PM
I will be using the turnigy 2836 motor with a 1800mah 4 cell
Feb 22, 2012, 03:14 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
Me too.. I havnt installed it yet..but in this case you will want to add cooling vents. I intend too.
Feb 22, 2012, 03:40 PM
Well the only way I could see to add cooling vents in front of the battery, would be to cut some slits in the canopy to allow air through the canopy area. Think that would work? Kind of like the stryker q canopy.
Feb 22, 2012, 03:53 PM
If anybody has an extra 2836 they want to sell shoot me a pm, thanks.

Quick Reply