Feb 15, 2012, 03:06 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
sweet thanks Bob

If I end up with the 120, I'll have to buy a slipper clutch off of you.

thanks for links

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
I don't know why they don't come with them they should,,

I didn't like the adapter way as to much chance of making a mistake one day and smoking it,,

Yes I prefer the JB KIWK as it does a much better job cures in minutes not hours like LET I use it on all my Deans connectors on the heli's,

slipper clutches are for the Walkera 120 size shaft driven tail heli's as it stops the tail drive system gear stripping problem..

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1577528

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0pcs_bag_.html
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2012, 03:28 PM
Yep, you guys got it, the positive pin is exposed! Sorry about all that!

I don't have any other planes using the micro deans, so I just made an adaptor for my UMX batteries. I thought it was confusing just finding out that there are variants for the micro deans at all. Should be like the regular deans one way and that is it!
Feb 15, 2012, 03:35 PM
Heli collector
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt
Yep, you guys got it, the positive pin is exposed! Sorry about all that!

I don't have any other planes using the micro deans, so I just made an adaptor for my UMX batteries. I thought it was confusing just finding out that there are variants for the micro deans at all. Should be like the regular deans one way and that is it!

You still have to pick if you want the top of the "T" to be positive or negative so it doesn't solve the problem for sure..

I like the micro Deans way as with one bag of ten pairs you can to a heli a charger and 18 batteries. With the other way "T" you can only do one heli, one charger and 10 batteries..

After awhile you end up with a lot of heli,charger ones laying around that you don't use..

So you have to buy more heli's and chargers to use them up..

But then you need more batteries so you have to buy another bag of ten and it all starts over again..
Feb 15, 2012, 05:13 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
guys

will electrical components be replaceable on this, or will they be too hard to get at?
Feb 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
Heli collector
Thread OP
Got my maiden flight in.. It was really too windy to fly it and at 36F it was to cold for me. But it was looking like today or not till mid march so I went for it.. It's fast enough for me, climbs great control response was good if not to much at 65% rates might add more EXPO next time I was at +15%..

I was flying at my normal flying field/parking lot but not at my normal location as I was down at one end where the snow was gone and I could take off into the wind this means I was really flying going the short way with trees at the approach end. So while fighting the wind trying to get some close in flybys for the hat cam that turns out had died already..

At the two minute mark as I was setting up for a low flyby test landing approach and had just finished the turn on to final she did a 10 foot 20 degree dive into the grass/snow.

Hard enough that the canopy came off and was a foot in front of the plane and the nose gear has a slight bend to it.. I was really hoping that the video would help me figure out what happened but no video..

My guess is that I had the power back to far for the wind and a gust hit it, stopped it in mid air and then after the gust was pass there was no airspeed left to fly it and it was just a stall.. I'll play around with this on a calmer day when it's easier to see whats happening..

Speaking of easy to see,, it was a dark cloudy evening just before sun set and I knew from experience that she was going to be hard to see and there were times that I wasn't sure for a second or so just what she was doing as the wind was really rocking her around but I could pick up the yellow and figure it out. But tonight I'll be adding some of my orange florescent tape to the bottom of the wings to help out..

I personally think that she can handle some more battery weight on days like today. But it will have to be slid back more. So while I was flying with the Hyperion 240's as I think the stock battery is a bad battery as the charger doesn't shut off where it does with the Hyperion's.. I'm going to see what else I have on hand that might fit in her..

So after one flight what do I think.... Shes' a keeper,, can't you see the smile on my face just thinking about that one flight???
Last edited by livonia bob; Feb 15, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Feb 15, 2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
Got my maiden flight in..
And...impressions! I won't get to maiden until AT LEAST this weekend.

As far as replacing components, I think it would be tough, I think it could be done possibly by removing the wing.
Feb 15, 2012, 07:36 PM
Heli collector
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt
And...impressions! I won't get to maiden until AT LEAST this weekend.

As far as replacing components, I think it would be tough, I think it could be done possibly by removing the wing.
Go back and finish reading my post..

Taking the wing of will only let you look at where you took the wing off from... Everything of importance is under the top of the top of the airplanes fuselage..
Feb 15, 2012, 09:30 PM
Heli collector
Thread OP
I added some tape so I can see it better.. Found some HK 400mAh 20C batteries they will fit only worried about the weight that far forward..
Feb 15, 2012, 09:41 PM
Looks like it handled the crash really well! That is good! I am right with you on your explanation regarding the gust of wind.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:53 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
LB,

Thanks for taking the time to describe your maiden flight, setbacks and all. I appreciate the real-world account in less than ideal conditions. I hope you manage to get some more flights in soon.

All the best!
Feb 15, 2012, 11:10 PM
Heli collector
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato
LB,

Thanks for taking the time to describe your maiden flight, setbacks and all. I appreciate the real-world account in less than ideal conditions. I hope you manage to get some more flights in soon.

All the best!
I have been sitting here looking at the weather radar, and the winds forecast for tomorrow and right now it looks like this storm is breaking into two sets of rain storms and one might go to the north of me and the other to the south.. So there is a chance of getting more flight's in tomorrow.. And this rain tonight should remove the snow and ice that's on the main runway/parking lot I use so I'll be able to fly a better pattern and check out it's slow flight.. I did do some what looked like slow flight up high but with the wind up there it most likely wasn't slow airspeed wise..

I did want to say that the takeoff run was, short, fast, straight as a arrow. I rotated and she was pointing up and going up fast till I lowered the power and the nose.. I can't wait to be able to let her climb till she stops if she does.. But I think she will be a dot in the sky before she slows down on her own..

As a point of reference I did fly the HZ Champ before and after the F-86.. First Champ flight was a bear, started off with a 6" take off run as I was at half throttle holding her in place on the ground at the start,, took some full power flight to just hold her in place as the gusts came through.. So I stopped.. Went to the store to pick up some stuff for my wife. Came back 1/2 hour later and the wind was dying down a little so flew the F-86 just that one flight, and then took the Champ back up, she was still getting knocked around but never where she was out of control or needing full power like earlier..
Last edited by livonia bob; Feb 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Feb 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
I have the chance to pick one of these up at my LHS shop tonight. I'll be flying with a Dx6. Has there been any binding issues or other issues with the Dx6 and the AnyLink? Looking for some QUICK responses here if possible. Thanks!
Feb 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
Runnikee, you are referring to the DX6 and not the DX6i correct. I know for sure that the DX6i has been reported to work fine. I have not heard whether it works well or not with the DX6.
Feb 16, 2012, 01:07 PM
Hobbico Employee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee
I have the chance to pick one of these up at my LHS shop tonight. I'll be flying with a Dx6. Has there been any binding issues or other issues with the Dx6 and the AnyLink? Looking for some QUICK responses here if possible. Thanks!
AnyLink works with the DX6 and the adapter that you will need IS included in the box.
Feb 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
Yes, I'm referring to the Dx6i. The only reason I have asked was because I thought I had read on the other thread for this plane that some people were having issues with throttle settings or something like that. I just wanted to ask in here because I assume you all actually have one already. Thanks for the quick responses by the way!

Quick Reply